Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:08 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:18 am wrote:He was around for the start of the French season

It appears he is being saved for CL matches - being put in front of the telly to try and get a bit more money for him

He wasn’t there for the start of the season. Like most players, he was given time off after the World Cup and missed Lyon’s first two league games of the season, came on as a sub for their third game, and played 90 minutes in their forth. In the remaining 12 league games, he has started 7 of them and come on as a sub once.  He started 5 of their 6 group games in the Champions League. He hurt his ankle against PSG in October and didn’t play again for a month so missed a Champions League game and a couple of league game. If you look at his record and the number of times he gets subbed off you could make an argument that there is an element of him being managed but nothing like what you’re suggesting.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:22 pm

Pig Catcher » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:08 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:18 am wrote:He was around for the start of the French season

It appears he is being saved for CL matches - being put in front of the telly to try and get a bit more money for him

He wasn’t there for the start of the season. Like most players, he was given time off after the World Cup and missed Lyon’s first two league games of the season, came on as a sub for their third game, and played 90 minutes in their forth. In the remaining 12 league games, he has started 7 of them and come on as a sub once.  He started 5 of their 6 group games in the Champions League. He hurt his ankle against PSG in October and didn’t play again for a month so missed a Champions League game and a couple of league game. If you look at his record and the number of times he gets subbed off you could make an argument that there is an element of him being managed but nothing like what you’re suggesting.

No worries seems there is a bit more to the report that I read

But overall I think if there was no issue with the knee he would be a Liverpool player - Klopp imo doesn’t pull out of players for financial reasons. It appears to me to be a risk that’s just not worth taking - there will be players out there for us to get instead and no doubt Klopp has his eye on a few. He seems to be getting right in the transfer market
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:37 pm

Reports going around that FSG are going to give Klopp some "serious" money to sign a world class player this January transfer window. I think we all know this is the biggest chance of ever winning the premier league.

I'm hoping we spend it on either a world class playmaker or drop Firmino to Midfield and get a out n out goalscorer.

The dream would be Eden Hazard but that's never going to happen.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:35 pm

Are there many world class players available out there?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:48 pm

Even when Klopp does sign a player it's months before he gets a game...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:07 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:37 pm wrote:Reports going around that FSG are going to give Klopp some "serious" money to sign a world class player this January transfer window. I think we all know this is the biggest chance of ever winning the premier league.

I'm hoping we spend it on either a world class playmaker or drop Firmino to Midfield and get a out n out goalscorer.

Don't really think it works like that TBH. The club generates a certain amount of money and they make as much available for transfers as possible. The club are not going to all of a sudden be able to produce £100mil out of nowhere that wasn't there in the summer. Financially we are getting stronger and stronger and if Klopp wants to bring in a £50mil player in Jan I'm sure he'll be able to. But I'm sure he could have done that in the summer just gone.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:11 pm

bunglemark2 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:48 pm wrote:Even when Klopp does sign a player it's months before he gets a game...

The likes of Mane, Salah, VVD, Alisson, Shaqiri and Matip all disagree.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:31 pm

Pig Catcher » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:07 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:37 pm wrote:Reports going around that FSG are going to give Klopp some "serious" money to sign a world class player this January transfer window. I think we all know this is the biggest chance of ever winning the premier league.

Don't really think it works like that TBH. The club generates a certain amount of money and they make as much available for transfers as possible. The club are not going to all of a sudden be able to produce £100mil out of nowhere that wasn't there in the summer. Financially we are getting stronger and stronger and if Klopp wants to bring in a £50mil player in Jan I'm sure he'll be able to. But I'm sure he could have done that in the summer just gone.

Well you could argue that the rumors of us wanting to sign Fekir in the summer were true but we decided against cause of his knee (which looks like the correct decision now). Actually, didn't he have a medical with us? If yes, then they weren't just rumors. After that deal fell through, we didn't want to rush things and decided not to go with anyone (again, probably the smartest decision).

So now, like you said, we have the money from the summer to sign a player in January. I think we might go for Dembele. Personally not a big fan of his, or his attitude to be precise, but so far Klopp has hardly made a wrong signing so I'll trust him.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:44 pm

Would love Dembele, and I'm guessing Klopp would too, but the chances of bringing him in are quite remote. He's a top level talent and although he isn't starting every game, he's getting plenty of game time at Barcelona and helping them win games.

I'm sure we'll see whats what this January but I can't see us desperately forcing the issue.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:35 pm

Pig Catcher » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:44 pm wrote:Would love Dembele, and I'm guessing Klopp would too, but the chances of bringing him in are quite remote. He's a top level talent and although he isn't starting every game, he's getting plenty of game time at Barcelona and helping them win games.

I'm sure we'll see whats what this January but I can't see us desperately forcing the issue.

Read the reports. He's more interested in playstation than playing football
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:40 pm

bunglemark2 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:48 pm wrote:Even when Klopp does sign a player it's months before he gets a game...

Surely that depends on who the player is
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:21 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:35 am

Pulasic seems to have stagnated a little since the summer , seems to be behind Sancho in the pecking order now

A move away might be exactly what he needs
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:45 pm

I'm hoping for Messi. That would make us rump everything!  :buttrock  :eyebrow

On a serious note. As long as Klopp gets who he wants I'm not that fuzzed. Look at Shaquiri... steal of the century. Not often that someone goes for so little and you know it will work out great even before he touches a ball.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:08 am

I buy the Mirror every day (mainly because it's one of the few papers on the side of the working class, though you wouldn't have known it during the Miners Strike). Unfortunately its hardly ever right when it comes to transfer stories (which is a shame as I'd like to see Pulisic here).
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill