Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Welsh wizzard 13 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:38 am

We need Allison or Oblak that's a cert!
Fekir would be perfect
Moses looks a high paced good addition off bench.
Another CB ??

That's a just perfect window to push on again !!!!
Welsh wizzard 13
LFC Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:13 pm

Repors we will announce our second summer signing in next 24 hours  :lookaround

My guess Shaqiri
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:50 pm

Reg wrote:Being realistic Yakka can you really see us even spending 60 on a keeper, Another 60 on Fekir on top of the reported 52 for Keita and the 40 for Fabinho. That is 212 million and not considering 75 on VVD.  Even if Jurgen is given the entire Coutinho fee of 145 that still leaves them with an outlay of 140 million (give or take).

Yes I can mate. 2 things: 1. Once in an ownership you have to go with gut instinct. We're on the edge of the cusp... Arsenal are lifeless, Chelsea have owner/political problems, the Spurs manager is unsettled and now is the time for Liverpool to strike. Strike while the iron is hot... it's a 5 year plan, this is year 3, so far we're on target and this is the moment to pull the trigger. It's not sport, it's a business decision - invest now.

Second point, we have to max the revenue received from selling the deadwood, every penny counts. Linked to this is the fact we're getting new sponsors on board - plus did you see that Standard Chartered extended their shirt sponsorship deal?

The future is red, go for it!!   :buttrock

Its just a shame you ain't on that board Reg!! That way I might have a bit more confidence in our dealings  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:23 pm

red_indian » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:33 am wrote:Not sure if anyone else feels the same as me, but for the first time in years, if not a decade, this transfer window I am not the least bit concerned with what our main rivals do. If we back this manager with the money to get the players he wants, even if that means spending 200 million, then it’s not going to matter what any other team does, Klopp will turn us into winners.

I think the net spend since Klopp has been here is just around 50 million, over two summer and three winter windows. The top 4 finishes and CL final surely mean that figure has to read closer to 250 and that’s before thinking about getting more in from selling the dead weight.

I’m not saying we should go spend silly money on one player. But let’s stop dicking around the 10 million mark for key positions that need strengthening (Robertson let’s assume was a mad one-off) and back Klopp to get the 4-5 players he needs at top dollar.

If we don’t do it know, some players may wonder if we will ever have the ambition to move from challengers to winners

Yeah I agree, you do get the sense that its all about what we do this summer, not our rivals.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:51 pm

Alongside Paul Joyce, Mel Reddy probably has the closet ties to the club nowadays. I'd imagine it would have to be done in the next 48 hours or will have to wait until after the world cup.

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/liverpool-h ... cup-182817

Liverpool hopeful of finalising Nabil Fekir deal before the World Cup

Liverpool are in the final stages of attempting to reach an agreement with Lyon for Nabil Fekir and are hopeful of concluding a deal in the region of £60 million by the end of this weekend.

The 24-year-old, who can adeptly operate across midfield and in the forward areas, has been Jurgen Klopp’s primary target to enhance his already explosive attacking unit.

The Ligue 1 side’s president, Jean-Michel Aulas - a notoriously tough negotiator, said on Thursday that the dialogue between the clubs was “at a standstill” and a transfer would not be ratified during the World Cup.

He added that he “did not think” there would be a change in the matter before the tournament either, however, sources in France have revealed Lyon are also privately in favour of having the player’s future resolved rapidly.

With Fekir insistent on Anfield being his next destination, scuppering any chance of a post-competition auction, Les Bleus preferring a quick conclusion, and there being no guarantee that the skilled dribbler’s value will increase or even hold in the next few weeks, there is optimism that formalities can be finalised before Didier Deschamps’ charges fly out to Russia.

Fekir, an incisive passer with a penchant for shots from distance, and who is a skilled direct free-kick taker, will fill the void left by Philippe Coutinho’s departure to Barcelona.

The pursuit of the multi-functional star is part of an aggressive assault in the transfer market by Liverpool, who have demonstrated their intentions to kick on following the Champions League final defeat to Real Madrid in Kiev.

As already evidenced with the rapid move for Fabinho, the advanced deal for Keita and the record January signing of Virgil van Dijk, the Reds are strengthening their spine, while correcting key weaknesses in the squad.

Further work will be done to elevate Klopp’s depth of options, with Stoke’s Xherdan Shaqiri - a versatile attacking midfielder capable of filling in further forward - of interest.

His release clause of around £12m would make him a low-risk candidate with quality to deputise in a number of positions, while also providing the manager with greater variety.

The goalkeeping department, meanwhile, has long been a concern for Liverpool and Roma’s Alisson emerged last year as the club’s leading choice to rectify that.

The Reds iced talks with his representatives in February after being quoted a rising £62m - almost double the British-record fee for a gloveman, with fellow Brazilian Ederson having cost Manchester City £34.7m.

There is a wealth of admiration for Jan Oblak of Atletico Madrid, who will not be short of elite suitors, but his release clause of £88m is also prohibitive.

If there is a opportunity to broker a transfer at more manageable terms, Liverpool would not hesitate to recruit a pedigreed keeper, which would underscore an excellent summer of incomings.
Eagle

Postby parchpea » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:56 pm

:eyebrow

Alisson

Trent            VVD    Lovren     Robertson

Fabhino

Kieta                     Fekir

Salah                  Firmino              Mane

:buttrock
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:48 pm

I think Lyon's chairman said earlier today that nothing will be sorted before the World Cup.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:56 pm

I think Klopp will go for the cheaper option goalkeeper in Bernd Leno. Not quite as popular as Alisson or Oblak but for £22m it's a very very good deal. That will then free up cash for the likes of Fekir, Shaqiri, Moses and maybe one more player probably another Center half at a guess.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:18 pm

I'd be very surprised if the Fekir deal is done before the world cup. I just can't see it happening yet.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:19 pm

on the Beeb just now:
BREAKINGLiverpool set to sign Fekir

Phil McNulty

BBC Sport chief football writer at Elland Road

Liverpool are close to completing a £53m deal for Lyon attacker Nabil Fekir.

The 24-year-old has been one of Liverpool's prime summer transfer targets, with manager Jurgen Klopp and sporting director Michael Edwards keen to complete a deal for the France international before the World Cup starts in Russia.

Liverpool and Lyon are yet to reach a final agreement but there could be a conclusion to negotiations on Friday on a transfer that may amount to 60m Euros in total.

Fekir has his heart set on a move to Anfield and France fly out to Russia after their final warm-up game against the United States in Lyon on Saturday.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:39 pm

Paul Joyce of The Time (usually quite reliable) is saying it's a done deal.

Initial £48.4million plus a further £4.4million in bonuses.

Great bit of businesses, if true  :buttrock
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:40 pm

7_Kewell » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:39 pm wrote:Paul Joyce of The Time (usually quite reliable) is saying it's a done deal.

Initial £48.4million plus a further £4.4million in bonuses.

Great bit of businesses, if true  :buttrock

See it here as well, though never sure whether to believe EOTK or not..
http://www.empireofthekop.com/2018/06/0 ... done-deal/
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:43 pm

Bar an amazing U turn, I think it's done.

Now we need a goalkeeper. And to shift some deadwood out.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:50 pm

And a striker
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:08 pm

Yup it seems like its done if all is true this is a fantastic signing.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill