Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Doeboy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:21 pm

Dissapointing about Fekir but if there are concerns about his knee then we are right to be cautious and walk away if needbe. Last thing we want is another Sturridge situation developing.
Doeboy

Postby Eagle » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:24 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:44 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:
Mikz » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:15 am wrote:United and Spurs are interested in him too now so his price will rocket - feck that
Whispers all round about shaqiri..hes a cheaper better option with premiership experience  :buttrock

It would be gutting to see him sign for one of our rivals, especially given (if the rumours are true) that he'd even gone as far as doing an interview and picking out a shirt number for us. Our style of football is pretty full on though and if there are any doubts about his knee being up to it then of course the club has to think twice.

Very few in our squad can handle the style of football we play and yet we still signed Chamberlain for 40 million with a year left on his contract. His injury record is up there with the worst of them but yet we had no qualms about handing over that fee and a bumper wage to him.

Our problem is we do not have quality to rely on when important players pick up knocks and need rested. If Ox can be rotated in and out of the squad then why can't Fekir be used like that also. Signing players like Shaquiri isn't going to help our cause this season and will just leave Klopp flogging what he has into the ground again.  We seen the impact last season had on our players and now the 3 most important ones are heading to the W.C. They will be dead on their feet by October if Klopp doesn't have players he can trust or want.

The plug was pulled by Lyon because they weren't willing to pander to our lowballing. At least we are consistent in that aspect because we do it in every window.

Comparing someone who has had a number of muscle injuries with someone who has had a botched recovery to an ACL is comparing apples and oranges.
Eagle

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:32 pm

@ Eagle.

Ox's injuries https://www.transfermarkt.com/alex-oxla ... ler/143424

Fekir's http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nabil-fe ... ler/203496

Ox has done a lot more than just pull the odd muscle and was always an injury worry for us when signing. Why didn't we try and lowball Arsenal by using his injury record when we shocked everyone by signing an injury prone lad with a year on his contract for the clubs record fee at the time.  We should have been worried because he now has done his ACL and there is no guarantee he will ever come back from that.

How do you know Fekir has had a "botched recovery" from his ACL ? . Looking at his injury record states that he has only had 2 injuries since he ruptured the ACL in 2015 so how can you claim it was a "botched recovery" ?. WTF is a botched recovery anyway ?  Is it something like Lallana taking more than a year to get over a hamstring ?.

Comparing apples and oranges mate is an idiom but I guess you already knew that.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:53 pm

There's clearly something up though Red when the lad has to sit out training twice a week when he's only 24. Over on RAWK someone was saying something about Fekir having some sort of issue where he is constantly in pain with his knee, apparently he has had it for years and has learned to live with it but it's not exactly ideal.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:55 pm

Eagle » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:03 pm wrote:We'd be mad to commit to a guaranteed £50mil fee. He did his ACL in 15/16. Made his return in 16/17 but apparently was given a day off training once a week which then increased to two days in 17/18 and the scans we did as part of the medical gave rise to concern. If we can negotiate the fee with Lyon and the contract with Fekir so that the more he plays the more we pay then fine. But if not, then there is still 2 months of the window left to get someone else.

:nod  voice of reason

Wasn't aware of those issues re his knee and days off from training that you've highlighted but given our style under Klopp when it comes to signing a new addition to the squad a less than 100% medically fit player is a player we can do without.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:21 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:53 pm wrote:There's clearly something up though Red when the lad has to sit out training twice a week when he's only 24. Over on RAWK someone was saying something about Fekir having some sort of issue where he is constantly in pain with his knee, apparently he has had it for years and has learned to live with it but it's not exactly ideal.

Honestly Yakka I have read so much about this transfer and from loads of Journos supposedly ITK and I have not seen any mention he gets a day off that was increased to two or that he is constantly living in pain.

Even if he does get a day off once a week because he has a tailored training regime its nothing new and certainly nothing to be concerned about because we do the same thing. Brendan was doing it and so does Jurgen. Some of our players train outside of the main teams session on occasion due to returning from injury or susceptible to one. All clubs do it to protect their assets and keep them on the field for as long as possible because it makes total sense. Its a part of management nowadays.

If the club had genuinely got those concerns and walked away then fine I would have no qualms but they didn't  :no They tried to use it as a stick to beat the price down which went against them. I don't know why this is so hard for our fans to believe especially as we are notorious for it.

As I said in another post that any player could be a game away from never kicking a ball again regardless of age or situation but again that is why the club take out insurance policies on them. The only thing that we stand to lose in signing Fekir is handing over more money than we want to.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:38 pm

I know this is the rumours thread but are we 100% sure that it was a medical problem that hindered this deal!?
Maybe it could have been the president of Lyon, he is quite outspoken and a bit of a cnut, so maybe he wants more money after the world cup, when his fee may rise.

Injuries or not, Fekir scored 22 goals last term, but we do not want another Sturridge.

Sod it, just go for Lemar.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:59 pm

It's all abit strange with this Fekir transfer. The fact we haven't made a statement at all concerning the deal makes me wonder if it was us lowballing, or if it was a medical issue. Lyon made it clear after talks broke down that we tried to make changes to the deal that was agreed and that it was nothing to do with his medical.

He originally passed his first medical.. so that's why he did the interview in our shirt as the deal looked to be going through. But we wanted a second look at the medical and we might have been using that as a ploy to try to bring the price down.

I'm guessing we still want the player and that's why we are keeping quiet as to what happened so we don't upset Lyon and can still do the deal after the World Cup.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:02 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:21 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:53 pm wrote:There's clearly something up though Red when the lad has to sit out training twice a week when he's only 24. Over on RAWK someone was saying something about Fekir having some sort of issue where he is constantly in pain with his knee, apparently he has had it for years and has learned to live with it but it's not exactly ideal.

Honestly Yakka I have read so much about this transfer and from loads of Journos supposedly ITK and I have not seen any mention he gets a day off that was increased to two or that he is constantly living in pain.

Even if he does get a day off once a week because he has a tailored training regime its nothing new and certainly nothing to be concerned about because we do the same thing. Brendan was doing it and so does Jurgen. Some of our players train outside of the main teams session on occasion due to returning from injury or susceptible to one. All clubs do it to protect their assets and keep them on the field for as long as possible because it makes total sense. Its a part of management nowadays.

If the club had genuinely got those concerns and walked away then fine I would have no qualms but they didn't  :no They tried to use it as a stick to beat the price down which went against them. I don't know why this is so hard for our fans to believe especially as we are notorious for it.

As I said in another post that any player could be a game away from never kicking a ball again regardless of age or situation but again that is why the club take out insurance policies on them. The only thing that we stand to lose in signing Fekir is handing over more money than we want to.

Yeah but it was physically fragile players like Sturridge who Rodgers used to wrap in cotton wool though mate. Tailored training regimes are not a good sign, especially at 24.
I give the club a pass on this one, the deal looked done until the medical, if he would have passed the medical with flying colours I don't think the club would have tried to renegotiate anything I think they would have happily paid up, we had just signed Fabinho and the word was that Jurgen wanted to get Fekir over the line before the WC too.
I don't think we went into that deal looking to lowball them, I think we went into that deal looking to get it done as quickly as possible, it was the medical that changed everything not a premeditated lowballing strategy.
For what it's worth I reckon this lad would be such a good fit for us that he'd be worth taking a gamble on but it's not my £50m quid so I guess thats easy for me to say.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:08 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:38 pm wrote:I know this is the rumours thread but are we 100% sure that it was a medical problem that hindered this deal!?
Maybe it could have been the president of Lyon, he is quite outspoken and a bit of a cnut, so maybe he wants more money after the world cup, when his fee may rise.

Injuries or not, Fekir scored 22 goals last term, but we do not want another Sturridge.

On Sky Sports News about half an hour ago they said he's on the verge of joking Atletico.
They are signing him as a replacement for Griezemann (who is apparently off to Barca).
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:12 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:08 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:38 pm wrote:I know this is the rumours thread but are we 100% sure that it was a medical problem that hindered this deal!?

On Sky Sports News about half an hour ago they said he's on the verge of joking Atletico.
They are signing him as a replacement for Griezemann who is off to Barcelona.

Plus matey, there were a few questions over his 90m price tag.

We have keita and Fabinho in the bag, I feel we are just one or two more big name signings away from a serious title challenge next season. Klopp just needs to find the right pieces to fit his jigsaw, so to speak. A player like Fekir who can play in midfield or attack.

Keita and Fabinho cannot play in the front three so we don't have any backup there, so if the Fab three get injury lay offs next term, we are screwed.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:15 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:02 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:21 pm wrote:

Yeah but it was physically fragile players like Sturridge who Rodgers used to wrap in cotton wool though mate. Tailored training regimes are not a good sign, especially at 24.
I give the club a pass on this one, the deal looked done until the medical, if he would have passed the medical with flying colours I don't think the club would have tried to renegotiate anything I think they would have happily paid up, we had just signed Fabinho and the word was that Jurgen wanted to get Fekir over the line before the WC too.
I don't think we went into that deal looking to lowball them, I think we went into that deal looking to get it done as quickly as possible, it was the medical that changed everything not a premeditated lowballing strategy.
For what it's worth I reckon this lad would be such a good fit for us that he'd be worth taking a gamble on but it's not my £50m quid so I guess thats easy for me to say.

Its sports science Yakka and it has been apart of the game for at least 20 or more years. Every player is different and what works for one might not work for another so they tailor the training to suit each individual. All players are hooked up to vests which overtime paints a picture of the person wearing it. The recovery periods needed by players in between games differs from one to the other so for example Henderson can cope with sprints 3 days after but it might take Firmino an extra day so he sits out. Its all science and now with technology it allows them to micro manage every player in every detail. If a player has an injury or is recovering from one then its going to be adjusted again to suit his recovery or to prevent it happening again. Every club does it.

Klopp wants his targets in before pre-season every year so this year is no different and I think the deal to get him in before the W.C was more on the part of Deschamps who won't allow any of his players to be distracted during the W.C.

In the end though we still wanted the player if we could alter the fee which points to money ahead of actual concerns about the players longevity.  If we had genuine concerns about him we would have walked away and not tried to get it lowered as what difference is a few mil less going to make if he ends up on the scrapheap. It wasn't like they were going to go from 53 mil down to 20 just because we looked for a second opinion.
Whether we entered those discussions or not with the intent of lowballing is anyone's guess, but looking at the messing we have done over the last few years you could forgive anyone who thought that we did.

Your right he would be a great fit. If he improves the team then his fee won't matter just like Virgils doesn't. Klopp wants him and that should be enough to get it done.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:11 am

Sits out training twice a week - sounds ok for the Italian league but not Klopp's blitzkrieg style which is based on hyper fitness, stamina and agility.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:35 am

Well, this is a rumour out of the blue...
https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive ... ve-starlet
I watch the League of Ireland occasionally, some good players, but this is a curveball...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:24 pm

bunglemark2 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:35 am wrote:Well, this is a rumour out of the blue...
https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive ... ve-starlet
I watch the League of Ireland occasionally, some good players, but this is a curveball...

It would be nice to see an Irish lad at the club again. He reportedly turned down a move to the championship and SPL last season because he wanted to finish his last year in college.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill