Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:28 am

Extremely disappointing that the deal fell through at the last minute, a midfield and attack consisting of Salah, Firmino, Mane, Fekir, Keita and Fabinho would have really been something else.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Mikz » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:15 pm

United and Spurs are interested in him too now so his price will rocket - feck that
Whispers all round about shaqiri..hes a cheaper better option with premiership experience  :buttrock
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:31 pm

kind of typical Liverpool transfer dealings really.
1. Hype the fans up with a stellar signing (Fekir) - get the fans onboard.
2. Wave big cash around so it looks like the intention is to invest and we're not scared to pay for it! - get the fans onboard.
3. Medical happening - fans are tugging themselves off over this mouth watering deal
4. oh wait! there's a problem... 
5. Pull out of deal and announce another target (shaqiri) for a fraction of the cost.

Call me a sceptical old goat but I'm not convinced they ever had the intention to go through with this signing at all.

As for the keeper...

1. Announce a stellar signing (Alison)
2. Wave the cash - £60m? £70m? blah blah blah look at the money we want to spend
3. Announce Allison is happy at Roma
4. Announce we're looking into signing Nick Pope from Burnley for £15m

Absolute crock of sh!t
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:32 pm

Mikz » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:15 am wrote:United and Spurs are interested in him too now so his price will rocket - feck that
Whispers all round about shaqiri..hes a cheaper better option with premiership experience  :buttrock

It would be gutting to see him sign for one of our rivals, especially given (if the rumours are true) that he'd even gone as far as doing an interview and picking out a shirt number for us. Our style of football is pretty full on though and if there are any doubts about his knee being up to it then of course the club has to think twice.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:28 pm

I don't think shaqiri is the answer.

We need another attacking midfielder if the Fekir deal isn't happen, as we'll be stuck with milner and Hendo next season otherwise, and thus far no back up for our front three
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:06 pm

Absolutely gutted about the Fekir deal .. he was the missing link to our midfield, he would have been the player to help us really challenge in every competition.

I don't know what money we actually have to spend.. but we should looking at players like Dybala, James Rodriguez, Alisson, Oblak! But you know it'll be Butland, Pope, Moses Simon and Shaqiri.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:14 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:06 pm wrote:Absolutely gutted about the Fekir deal .. he was the missing link to our midfield, he would have been the player to help us really challenge in every competition.

Report in the Daily Mirror saying the deal could be back on...https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-receive-xherdan-shaqiri-encouragement-12685253
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:57 pm

So were back online mods what happened lol.

Yup gutted about Fekir and the so called "knee issue". I really wanted him to get sorted here becore the world cup. He was ideal and almost Countinhoesque.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:03 pm

We'd be mad to commit to a guaranteed £50mil fee. He did his ACL in 15/16. Made his return in 16/17 but apparently was given a day off training once a week which then increased to two days in 17/18 and the scans we did as part of the medical gave rise to concern. If we can negotiate the fee with Lyon and the contract with Fekir so that the more he plays the more we pay then fine. But if not, then there is still 2 months of the window left to get someone else.
Eagle

Postby Eagle » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:05 pm

leeroy74 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:31 am wrote:kind of typical Liverpool transfer dealings really.
1. Hype the fans up with a stellar signing (Fekir) - get the fans onboard.
2. Wave big cash around so it looks like the intention is to invest and we're not scared to pay for it! - get the fans onboard.
3. Medical happening - fans are tugging themselves off over this mouth watering deal
4. oh wait! there's a problem... 
5. Pull out of deal and announce another target (shaqiri) for a fraction of the cost.

Call me a sceptical old goat but I'm not convinced they ever had the intention to go through with this signing at all.

As for the keeper...

1. Announce a stellar signing (Alison)
2. Wave the cash - £60m? £70m? blah blah blah look at the money we want to spend
3. Announce Allison is happy at Roma
4. Announce we're looking into signing Nick Pope from Burnley for £15m

Absolute crock of sh!t

Lol. What a load of *****. Take your tin foil hat off mate.
Eagle

Postby Eagle » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:08 pm

Mikz » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:15 am wrote:United and Spurs are interested in him too now so his price will rocket - feck that

Shaqiri clearly isn't the alternative to Fekir. He'd be cover/competition for Mane and Salah on the cheap but it doesn't sound like he's first choice or it would most likely be done by now. We'll probably have to wait a month to find out what happens I'm guessing.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:13 pm

Eagle » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:03 pm wrote:We'd be mad to commit to a guaranteed £50mil fee. He did his ACL in 15/16. Made his return in 16/17 but apparently was given a day off training once a week which then increased to two days in 17/18 and the scans we did as part of the medical gave rise to concern. If we can negotiate the fee with Lyon and the contract with Fekir so that the more he plays the more we pay then fine. But if not, then there is still 2 months of the window left to get someone else.

If he is having to miss training twice a week then the club is right to be cautious. The lad would have been a perfect fit for us but there is something clearly wrong when a 24 year old professional athlete can't put in a full weeks training.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:20 pm

Eagle » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:08 pm wrote:

Shaqiri clearly isn't the alternative to Fekir. He'd be cover/competition for Mane and Salah on the cheap but it doesn't sound like he's first choice or it would most likely be done by now. We'll probably have to wait a month to find out what happens I'm guessing.

I think Shaquiri would be a great signing myself, I'd far rather see him coming on than the likes of Lallana, Ings or Solanke. He'd be a huge upgrade.
He can spot a pass, go past a man and he can score a goal too, whatsmore he can shoot from distance as well which will come in very handy against packed defences next season. Factor in the ridiculously low price for a player with genuine ability then imo it's an absolute no brainier.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Welsh wizzard 13 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:43 pm

I just hope we go all out for Oblak he's worth every penny. His record speaks for itself. Get shakiri at a snip and sign best keeper in the world.
Welsh wizzard 13
LFC Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:44 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:

It would be gutting to see him sign for one of our rivals, especially given (if the rumours are true) that he'd even gone as far as doing an interview and picking out a shirt number for us. Our style of football is pretty full on though and if there are any doubts about his knee being up to it then of course the club has to think twice.

Very few in our squad can handle the style of football we play and yet we still signed Chamberlain for 40 million with a year left on his contract. His injury record is up there with the worst of them but yet we had no qualms about handing over that fee and a bumper wage to him.

Our problem is we do not have quality to rely on when important players pick up knocks and need rested. If Ox can be rotated in and out of the squad then why can't Fekir be used like that also. Signing players like Shaquiri isn't going to help our cause this season and will just leave Klopp flogging what he has into the ground again.  We seen the impact last season had on our players and now the 3 most important ones are heading to the W.C. They will be dead on their feet by October if Klopp doesn't have players he can trust or want.

The plug was pulled by Lyon because they weren't willing to pander to our lowballing. At least we are consistent in that aspect because we do it in every window.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill