Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby parchpea » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:55 pm

Rumours have us back on the Jan Oblak train, definitely enough goalie clickbat around us to settle the national debt.

Oblak though its a nice thought, best available in my opinion.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:05 pm

Linked with a young Nigerian Winger called Moses Simon for £10m. Been watching some youtube clips and he plays alot like Mane and like Mane has some serious pace. I'm guessing he'll be backup to the front 3 and could prove to be a steal at that price.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:40 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:37 pm wrote:I was hoping we could get any transfers done before the world cup starts next week.

My gut feeling that transfer prices will steeply rise after the tournament , and we will be held to ransom like we were for the VVD deal.

For example, Fekir price could rise from 60m to 80m etc.

What im worrying is Fekir could be a similar situation we had with Keita and VVD last season. I really hope we snap him up quick.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:15 pm

parchpea » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:55 pm wrote:Rumours have us back on the Jan Oblak train, definitely enough goalie clickbat around us to settle the national debt.

Oblak though its a nice thought, best available in my opinion.

Atletico came 2nd in the league above RM, they have CL football next season and they want to sell their world class keeper - are they loons? :help
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:14 pm

Shaqiri anyone? Not a marquee but cheap at £12m can play anywhere across the front line, decent squad addition.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:35 pm

I don't rate Shaqiri. I think he went missing in loads of games last year.. he had a little dig at us back in the day when we was linked with him when he was at Bayern, basically saying he'd be taking a backward step in his career if he joined us.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:41 pm

It's clear the club has briefed all the reputable journalists on Shaqiri but I smell fake news. The club are leaking info and it seems like deliberate smokescreens after last year's troubles.
Eagle

Postby redshade » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:50 pm

Simon Moses and Shaqiri in todays rumour mill.

Moses apparently is quick on the wings, similar to Mane.

12M for Shaqiri is very cheap but i am convinced the wages will be ridiculous.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:18 pm

I reckon Jurgen was planning on going into next season with Karius as our number 1 but events in the CL final have forced his hand somewhat. IMO the club are having to spend £60m that they didn't countenance for.
That's why I reckon we are looking for a cheap back up to our front 3, obviously there's too much of a drop off whenever Ings or Solanke play but someone like Shaquiri might just fit the bill. he would deffo be a significant upgrade on what we've already got.
I think we were probably originally looking at someone like Pulisic or even Dembele but Karius's meltdown has forced us to alter our plans.
If we bring in Allison/Oblak, Keita, Fabinho, Fekir and Shaquiri imo that will have been an excellent summer.
We've got to be realistic, we are not going to spend £60m on a keeper, £60m on Fekir, £60m on Keita, £40m on Fabinho and then another £80m on someone like Pulisic.
For £12m Shaquiri would be a shrewd bit of business, hell Gylfi went for £40m last summer!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:55 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:I reckon Jurgen was planning on going into next season with Karius as our number 1 but events in the CL final have forced his hand somewhat. IMO the club are having to spend £60m that they didn't countenance for.
That's why I reckon we are looking for a cheap back up to our front 3, obviously there's too much of a drop off whenever Ings or Solanke play but someone like Shaquiri might just fit the bill. he would deffo be a significant upgrade on what we've already got.
I think we were probably originally looking at someone like Pulisic or even Dembele but Karius's meltdown has forced us to alter our plans.
If we bring in Allison/Oblak, Keita, Fabinho, Fekir and Shaquiri imo that will have been an excellent summer.
We've got to be realistic, we are not going to spend £60m on a keeper, £60m on Fekir, £60m on Keita, £40m on Fabinho and then another £80m on someone like Pulisic.
For £12m Shaquiri would be a shrewd bit of business, hell Gylfi went for £40m last summer!

Being realistic Yakka can you really see us even spending 60 on a keeper, Another 60 on Fekir on top of the reported 52 for Keita and the 40 for Fabinho. That is 212 million and not considering 75 on VVD.  Even if Jurgen is given the entire Coutinho fee of 145 that still leaves them with an outlay of 140 million (give or take).  We might shift a bit of deadwood but more than likely on loan because we suck at selling players we don't want.

I personally do not believe we will spend that kind of money unless we are selling 1 of that front 3.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:01 am

Being realistic Yakka can you really see us even spending 60 on a keeper, Another 60 on Fekir on top of the reported 52 for Keita and the 40 for Fabinho. That is 212 million and not considering 75 on VVD.  Even if Jurgen is given the entire Coutinho fee of 145 that still leaves them with an outlay of 140 million (give or take).

Yes I can mate. 2 things: 1. Once in an ownership you have to go with gut instinct. We're on the edge of the cusp... Arsenal are lifeless, Chelsea have owner/political problems, the Spurs manager is unsettled and now is the time for Liverpool to strike. Strike while the iron is hot... it's a 5 year plan, this is year 3, so far we're on target and this is the moment to pull the trigger. It's not sport, it's a business decision - invest now.

Second point, we have to max the revenue received from selling the deadwood, every penny counts. Linked to this is the fact we're getting new sponsors on board - plus did you see that Standard Chartered extended their shirt sponsorship deal?

The future is red, go for it!!   :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chriserfolg » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:35 am

Reg » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:01 am wrote:Being realistic Yakka can you really see us even spending 60 on a keeper, Another 60 on Fekir on top of the reported 52 for Keita and the 40 for Fabinho. That is 212 million and not considering 75 on VVD.  Even if Jurgen is given the entire Coutinho fee of 145 that still leaves them with an outlay of 140 million (give or take).

Yes I can mate. 2 things: 1. Once in an ownership you have to go with gut instinct. We're on the edge of the cusp... Arsenal are lifeless, Chelsea have owner/political problems, the Spurs manager is unsettled and now is the time for Liverpool to strike. Strike while the iron is hot... it's a 5 year plan, this is year 3, so far we're on target and this is the moment to pull the trigger. It's not sport, it's a business decision - invest now.

Second point, we have to max the revenue received from selling the deadwood, every penny counts. Linked to this is the fact we're getting new sponsors on board - plus did you see that Standard Chartered extended their shirt sponsorship deal?

The future is red, go for it!!   :buttrock

I like this , i like this very much .Hopefully the owner sense this kind of idea and takes the plunges .One can only hope .
Its going to be a long transfer window .
chriserfolg
LFC Basic Member

Postby redshade » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:16 am

Moses Simon

https://youtu.be/XJm8-SNbCXA

One thing for sure is the lads frigging quick. At times you think it is Mane running at the oppo.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:27 am

redshade » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:16 am wrote:Moses Simon

https://youtu.be/XJm8-SNbCXA

One thing for sure is the lads frigging quick. At times you think it is Mane running at the oppo.

Rename the lad 'Holy Moses' quick!  :laugh:  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_indian » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:33 am

Not sure if anyone else feels the same as me, but for the first time in years, if not a decade, this transfer window I am not the least bit concerned with what our main rivals do. If we back this manager with the money to get the players he wants, even if that means spending 200 million, then it’s not going to matter what any other team does, Klopp will turn us into winners.

I think the net spend since Klopp has been here is just around 50 million, over two summer and three winter windows. The top 4 finishes and CL final surely mean that figure has to read closer to 250 and that’s before thinking about getting more in from selling the dead weight.

I’m not saying we should go spend silly money on one player. But let’s stop dicking around the 10 million mark for key positions that need strengthening (Robertson let’s assume was a mad one-off) and back Klopp to get the 4-5 players he needs at top dollar.

If we don’t do it know, some players may wonder if we will ever have the ambition to move from challengers to winners
red_indian

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill