Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:09 am

redshade » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:41 am wrote:If we get Fekir sealed will have one hell of an attack and mid.

Yep, a midfield 3 of Keita, Fabinho and Fekir would be right up there with City's midfield imo.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:52 am

Few sleepless nights for our current midfield players if Fekir is finalised. 3 Klopp recruits. GK aside its obvious he feels MF is the weakspot particularly on the defensive side, rebuild that and the assumption is our current defenders are good enough. Exciting times.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:20 am

parchpea » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:52 am wrote:Few sleepless nights for our current midfield players if Fekir is finalised. 3 Klopp recruits. GK aside its obvious he feels MF is the weakspot particularly on the defensive side, rebuild that and the assumption is our current defenders are good enough. Exciting times.

The likes of Hendo and Gini will still get plenty of game time, competing on 4 fronts = a lot of games plus I think Jurgen will rotate a lot to keep the squad as fresh as possible for the run in. Fatigue has basically cost us 2 European trophies in 3 years and I think lesson's have been learnt.
I think Jurgen will start the season with our best XI but after a few weeks I think we'll only see our best team in the big games. Dont get me wrong he won't be putting out scratch sides every week but 1 or 2 will be rested.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:39 am

I think Fekir will play in the front 3 quite a bit. Maybe not as much as Coutinho but his position won't be fixed as a CM. We also now have the option to play the 4-2-3-1 Klopp favoured at Dortmund and play Fabinho and Keita in the middle, Fekir as a number 10 with Mane and Salah either side. Either way, I don't see any of our CMs apart from Grujic moving on especially with the Ox unlikely to play again until 2019.

Whatever we Klopp goes for, our midfield is going to be transformed with Fekir and Ketia. We're going from a hard working and industrious core to one that is going to create loads of chances. RIP PL defences.
Eagle

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:04 pm

Is all of the stuff about him coming today *****?
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:07 pm

According to Radio 5, he's told Lyon he wants to go and we've spoken with the club and his representatives. More meetings planned for next week on a possible transfer.

In other news, Sturridge has held talks with Besiktas. I'm guessing it'll be another loan...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:29 pm

Klopptomaniac » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:04 pm wrote:Is all of the stuff about him coming today *****?

Probably.
Eagle

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:38 pm

http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:59 pm

Klopptomaniac » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:04 pm wrote:Is all of the stuff about him coming today *****?

Apparently someone from the Echo has said that Fekir is not flying over today but Liverpool are interested in signing him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:55 pm

Any progress on this Fekir deal yet folks?

I'm hoping this can be done this week.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:21 pm

Fekir would be an interesting transfer. Incredible talent and offers something the side lacks but not quite sure how he fits in. Could signal a change in playing style with us moving to a 4-2-3-1 to accommodate Fabinho-Keita-Fekir. Not quite sure where that leaves the likes of Milner, Henderson, Ox, Wijanldum and Lallana but perhaps we might look to move one of them on.

The interesting thing is that apart from Ox and to a lesser extent Fekir, none of our other midfielders would make decent backups for the front 3. We probably need at least 1 attacking option (cover for front3) and a GK as priority signings imo.

More important than Fabinho & Fekir imo.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:37 pm

aCe' » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:21 pm wrote:Fekir would be an interesting transfer. Incredible talent and offers something the side lacks but not quite sure how he fits in. Could signal a change in playing style with us moving to a 4-2-3-1 to accommodate Fabinho-Keita-Fekir. Not quite sure where that leaves the likes of Milner, Henderson, Ox, Wijanldum and Lallana but perhaps we might look to move one of them on.

The interesting thing is that apart from Ox and to a lesser extent Fekir, none of our other midfielders would make decent backups for the front 3. We probably need at least 1 attacking option (cover for front3) and a GK as priority signings imo.

More important than Fabinho & Fekir imo.

Think he'll be the natural replacement for Coutinho. He can play in the front 3 or further back in the centre of midfield. I think he'll slot in just fine.  However, I think Wijanldum and Lallana will need to up their game next season.

But as you say....we need a goal keeper. Desperately

Edit: Reports in spain saying we've just made a 75 million bid for Oblak  :oh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:48 pm

You can see what's going to happen here a mile off, we will pay £100m for Oblak and then Atletico will go out and buy a replacement for about £15m who will turn out to be just as good if not better. They are that type of club.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:50 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:48 pm wrote:You can see what's going to happen here a mile off, we will pay £100m for Oblak and then Atletico will go out and buy a replacement for about £15m who will turn out to be just as good if not better. They are that type of club.

To be fair, we've been that type if club for years too.  How much did we pay for Coutinho?
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:29 pm

We have the perfect 6, 8 and 10 in midfield and Klopp has got the best 3 in those positions that are available and would want to join us. Fabinho will hold, Keita will do box to box, and Fekir will be the creative one..
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill