Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby eds » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:21 am

bunglemark2 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:47 pm wrote:If this guy turns out to be a dud, we will be the laughing stock of the league for years to come...74m for someone who's just out of nappies, a season or two under his belt in the Bundesliga? I mean, so many sides in that league are utter Dogshyte anyway... And if he's that good, how come Bayern or BVB haven't come looking for him?
How many players have come out of the Bundesliga and *really* shone elsewhere? Personally i don't think Kroos, or Khedira, or any other German player for years has lit up a different league...

Like Pog breath being worth $100m   :laugh:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby redshade » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:30 am

eds » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:21 am wrote:
bunglemark2 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:47 pm wrote:If this guy turns out to be a dud, we will be the laughing stock of the league for years to come...74m for someone who's just out of nappies, a season or two under his belt in the Bundesliga? I mean, so many sides in that league are utter Dogshyte anyway... And if he's that good, how come Bayern or BVB haven't come looking for him?
How many players have come out of the Bundesliga and *really* shone elsewhere? Personally i don't think Kroos, or Khedira, or any other German player for years has lit up a different league...

The prices these days are sickening to say the least.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:53 am

Could well be that we're going to embarrass ourselves but it's risk that's taken with every transfer. We've lost out on many transfers before because of money, personally I'd like that trend to end however many selling clubs will now add a percentage to any offer purely because of what we're willing to/did pay for Keita.

Though it's important to note that Keita isn't German...
Last edited by Klopptomaniac on Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:41 am

You're right mate there is a certain amount of risk involved in every signing and when you are spending £70m+ those risks multiply exponentially. What I would say though is that this lad looks the real deal.
Keita is African not German and the reason Bayern or Dortmund haven't signed him is that his market value has ballooned way beyond what German clubs pay. The Bundesliga record for a player (set by Bayern) is £37m, Keita's asking price is double that. Both clubs would love to have him though.
Keita (just like Mane actually) went from Africa into the Austrian league where he stayed for just one year (leading his side to the title), he's only had one year in Germany as well where he was the driving force behind Leipzigs second place finish behind Bayern.
Central Midfielders are like Centre Halves in the sense that it's very rare to find influential one's in their early 20's because there's so much experience and 'know how' needed to play the position really well, Keita is one of those rare exceptions where even at 20 he was playing like a 28 year old.
The lad is quick, has fantastic positional sense, homes in on opposition players like Mascherano, has feet like David Silva and can thread a through ball ball through a packed defence as well. As I said no signing is without risk but this lad looks the real deal.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:21 am

The Daily Mirror and the Spanish press are reporting that Barcelona representatives are in London to thrash out a deal for Coutinho, apparently even Sky Sports have said this morning that the word is we would sell for €100m (£90m in pounds Sterling).
If true what a fvcking joke of a club we have become, the likes of Southampton and Leipzig fight tooth and nail to keep their best players but one whiff of cash and we roll over  :no
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:05 pm

redshade » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:30 am wrote:
eds » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:21 am wrote:

The prices these days are sickening to say the least.

You think?
Mbappé to RM just announced...
Transfer worth 160M
---
These prices are sickening and highlights the worst of Capitalism.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:13 pm

Barca preparing to come in with second bid for Coutinho is now the main headline on Sky Sports's website.  :no
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:24 pm

Like Pog breath being worth $100m   :laugh:[/quote]

The prices these days are sickening to say the least.[/quote]

You think?
Transfer worth 160M
---
[/quote]

Don't pay for Sky then. If everyone stopped paying it would burst the bubble. So long as people pay the ludicrous prices that are charged nothing will change.

Coutinho won't leave. I don't see it happening. Pretty relaxed about it as it stands
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:27 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:13 pm wrote:Barca preparing to come in with second bid for Coutinho is now the main headline on Sky Sports's website.  :no

Mate; this transfer window is possibly the most important for LFC going forward into the next 5-10 possibly more seasons.
I do my best to remain positive, however should FSG make a pigs ear of this window (which would include selling our Phil regardless of who else comes in) then the hell with 'em!
----
And should this be the outcome, then it is only us, the supports who can oust them out of our great club.
----
I (we) just have to hope and remain positive.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:29 pm

Klopptomaniac » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:24 pm wrote:Like Pog breath being worth $100m   :laugh:

The prices these days are sickening to say the least.[/quote]

You think?
Transfer worth 160M
---
[/quote]

Don't pay for Sky then. If everyone stopped paying it would burst the bubble. So long as people pay the ludicrous prices that are charged nothing will change.

Coutinho won't leave. I don't see it happening. Pretty relaxed about it as it stands[/quote]

There's more to sporting life than just football.
Just finished watching The Open, Women's Cricket and looking forward to more Match Play tonight.
So no; I won't be getting rid of the Sky box just yet, but I get your point...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:34 pm

johnbarnes » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:27 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:13 pm wrote:Barca preparing to come in with second bid for Coutinho is now the main headline on Sky Sports's website.  :no

Mate; this transfer window is possibly the most important for LFC going forward into the next 5-10 possibly more seasons.
I do my best to remain positive, however should FSG make a pigs ear of this window (which would include selling our Phil regardless of who else comes in) then the hell with 'em!
----
And should this be the outcome, then it is only us, the supports who can oust them out of our great club.
----

Apparently 2 of the most reliable journo's when it comes to all things Liverpool (Paul Joyce and Melissa Reddy) are saying that we have took the hint and won't be putting in any more bids for Keita. We are now looking at other options.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:35 pm

but if we land Keita for the reported £70m+ then add this to Salah, Solenka and possible Van Dijk that'll total a lot of quids. FSG are stood waving their wad around for the world to see and thinking LFC fans will be excited and love them again - then they sell Coutinho and balance the books. 4 players in vs 1 player out = net spend of 'not very much' .

seen it coming a mile off. They'll only spend if they know the income is immanent.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:53 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:34 pm wrote:

----
----

Apparently 2 of the most reliable journo's when it comes to all things Liverpool (Paul Joyce and Melissa Reddy) are saying that we have took the hint and won't be putting in any more bids for Keita. We are now looking at other options.

To be honest, I'm not too bothered who comes in as long as Klopp feels the transfer will work in our favour. Which is why everyone's gone crazy for Keita, as the world knows this is a player Klopp wants... It's a merry go round and even the so called reliable sources just aren't reliable re; Keita.
So we all have to be patient and see what shape we're in when the window closes.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:42 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:34 am wrote:

----
----

"we took the hint"
and what a subtle hint that was...
:D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:47 pm

I really don't think they would try and offload Coutinho without us first getting our own targets in. Had we of signed Van Dijk, Keita and Salah then I could see it happening but without those transfers they would face the full wrath of the fanbase.
We could lose Emre and if phil goes as well then it doesn't really matter to me who we sign as we will have taken a step backwards. They are 2 players able to play in this league and set up while its 50/50 whether their replacements can, especially if they are foreign and from a small club. Coutinho is one of the best players about and improving all the time so even considering a sale should be deemed as madness. Its players like him that you want to build around not sell for money that we shouldn't need.

Still a bit to go in the window but its hard to shake that feeling that this one will be no different than the rest  :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill