Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:10 pm

I thought Emre had a decent season and showed us that he has more to his game than 5 yard sideway passes. His best one yet in fact so letting him go is not a good move unless he really wants out. He has enough youth on his side to be a beast of a player where as Henderson and Wijnaldum have already hit their level and won't progress. Henderson has been out for ages and watching him yesterday was like watching paint dry.. He just shows up between 2 of our players, demands the ball and then just passes it back to where it came from. Either that or its 5 yds the other way but they are all situations he doesn't need to be in. Can is just as good at the 5yd stuff and is a better tackler which suits us better. Can is still young and deserves another contract imo. Sell Henderson first if we need the money.

The word on twitter about Keita is that he wants a move and is on a bit of a strop in their training camp. Its also claimed that the manager is open to him leaving but its the chairman who is refusing. They have also reportedly turned down a 3rd bid.

I wish we would get the finger out and tie up the van djik deal. The longer it drags on the bigger chance we have of him opting to go elsewhere as he has been left in limbo far to long.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:45 pm

I think our hands are tied regarding Van Dijk, we either need Southampton to agree to sell him (which is what Van Dijk is working on now) or another club to bid for him which would then allow us to do the same.
Problem is because everyone knows he wants to come here no one is putting any bids in for him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:06 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:45 pm wrote:I think our hands are tied regarding Van Dijk, we either need Southampton to agree to sell him (which is what Van Dijk is working on now) or another club to bid for him which would then allow us to do the same.
Problem is because everyone knows he wants to come here no one is putting any bids in for him.

Yup and its a similar case with Keita thats why no club is really going for him. I don't know if the owners at Leipzig want to push as as far as they can of they really don't want to sell him.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:41 pm

redshade » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:06 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:45 pm wrote:I think our hands are tied regarding Van Dijk, we either need Southampton to agree to sell him (which is what Van Dijk is working on now) or another club to bid for him which would then allow us to do the same.

Yup and its a similar case with Keita thats why no club is really going for him. I don't know if the owners at Leipzig want to push as as far as they can of they really don't want to sell him.

From the outside looking in it looks like we are just wasting our time but maybe Edwards & co are being told different by sources from either within the club or close to the player.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:47 am

F**k this lark. Move on LFC...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:31 am

In todays Telegraph
Liverpool ready to shelve interest in Naby Keita - but will return for him next year when RB Leipzig exit clause becomes £48m

Looks like we not gonna pay mad money for Keita. Leaves Leipzig to ponder whether keeping him for one more season and losing £20 million of his value when his release clause kicks in is worth it.

Meanwhile in today's Mail
Liverpool wait to receive green light from Southampton before returning for defender Virgil van Dijk

LFC are apparently waiting for Southampton to invite us to make a bid. Van Dyke now training on his own and the way things are panning out I'm thinking our chances of signing the fella are steadily increasing.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:48 am

woof woof ! » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:31 am wrote:In todays Telegraph
Liverpool ready to shelve interest in Naby Keita - but will return for him next year when RB Leipzig exit clause becomes £48m

Looks like we not gonna pay mad money for Keita. Leaves Leipzig to ponder whether keeping him for one more season and losing £20 million of his value when his release clause kicks in is worth it.

Meanwhile in today's Mail
Liverpool wait to receive green light from Southampton before returning for defender Virgil van Dijk

LFC are apparently waiting for Southampton to invite us to make a bid. Van Dyke now training on his own and the way things are panning out I'm thinking our chances of signing the fella are steadily increasing.

I've read they want Keita to sign a new contract, all he has to do is refuse to do that as it's clearly a ploy to remove the release clause next year. I don't think we've heard the end of this tbh but we've the ball is RB's court now
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby C-R » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:18 pm

A fresh twist on Keita, it's being reported that he got into a fight in training with another player and is unhappy he is not being allowed to leave

Also VVD left home from Southampton's training camp in Austria

It ain't over yet this rollercoaster
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:29 pm

C-R » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:18 pm wrote:A fresh twist on Keita, it's being reported that he got into a fight in training with another player and is unhappy he is not being allowed to leave

To clarify:
VVD has NOT travelled with Southampton's squad to a pre-season training camp.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:31 pm

johnbarnes » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:29 pm wrote:
C-R » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:18 pm wrote:A fresh twist on Keita, it's being reported that he got into a fight in training with another player and is unhappy he is not being allowed to leave

To clarify:
VVD has NOT travelled with Southampton's squad to a pre-season training camp.

Correct he has NOT gone anywhere, he is still in Southampton mate
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:31 pm

If we pull out of the Keita deal then I doubt we will return for him next year  :no  We will end up with someone else who most likely cost a lot less.
Also the Van Dijk deal is there to be done as they have omitted him from the squad but now we are still dragging our feet by waiting till we get invited to bid for a player we tapped up  :laugh:  We totally created this situation for Southampton and now expect them to roll out a red carpet so we can sign their player  :laugh: This is a dangerous game we are playing and should Van Dijk get a sit down with Conte or Wenger then he could be standing in front of a camera declaring how he made the best choice to go to a club with a great project. His situation has gotten a lot worse in the last week and he aint going to hang around forever waiting for us to be invited to bid for him  :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:33 pm

red till i die!! » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:31 pm wrote:we are still dragging our feet by waiting till we get invited to bid for a player we tapped up  :laugh:  We totally created this situation for Southampton and now expect them to roll out a red carpet so we can sign their player  :laugh:

Love the way you worded that  :laugh:  :grinning:  :laugh:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:37 pm

Yep I've just read the same.. apparently Diego Demme made a bad tackle on Keita and Keita responded by injuring the player with a revenge tackle. He received treatment and training was called off.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:40 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:37 pm wrote:

Yep I've just read the same.. apparently Diego Demme made a bad tackle on Keita and Keita responded by injuring the player with a revenge tackle. He received treatment and training was called off.

Let's hope we don't apologize for the Keita foul  :eyebrow
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:57 pm

We've made a few friends this transfer window that's for sure...
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill