Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Doeboy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:02 pm

7_Kewell » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:20 pm wrote:
C-R » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:08 pm wrote:Van Dike on strike

Southampton Echo reporting he has been ordered to train alone after saying he wants to leave

about time

BBC all over it now http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40682751

Only a matter of time now.

Although echo what others have said about this being a disappointing end to the saga. How would we feel is Couthino did this over Barca?   :no

Agree. It's fine and daddy when a player does it to get a move to us but if the boot was on the other foot and one of ours did the same to use, he would be vilified. Unfortunately just the way things work now but do find it
dis-respectable to a club and ultimately the fans who are indirectly paying the players wages when player's do that kind of thing
Doeboy

Postby eds » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:42 am

http://www.espnfc.com.au/story/3161814/liverpools-jurgen-klopp-to-barcelona-philippe-coutinho-not-for-sale

Worrying, very worrying.  :no

Especially after knowing that FSG let Suarez go to them for a packet of crisps.

It only takes a bit of sulking from Coutinho and Henry and Co will bend over for Farcelona quicker than two shakes of a lamb's tale.

Massive few weeks coming up for our owners and execs.

Bringing in VVD and Keita while also keeping Coutinho is f**king critical for our future.

Anything less and I feel this could finally be the beginning of the end for FSG.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Eagle » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:43 am

eds » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:42 am wrote:http://www.espnfc.com.au/story/3161814/liverpools-jurgen-klopp-to-barcelona-philippe-coutinho-not-for-sale

It only takes a bit of sulking from Coutinho and Henry and Co will bend over for Farcelona quicker than two shakes of a lamb's tale.

Bringing in VVD and Keita while also keeping Coutinho is f**king critical for our future.

Anything less and I feel this could finally be the beginning of the end for FSG.

:D
Eagle

Postby kazza » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:37 am

As far as I'm concerned every player is for sale and none of them are for sale, really depends on price. At this transfer window prices then 72 million will not even start negotiations as a player of his ability/age/contract length should be worth much more, he is definitely a player of the future. Also considering the b.ullshit we went through when they were tapping up Suarez and what they got him for because of it they should pay a premium on top...150 million with a deadline and that is non negotiable, for that we can certainly improve the team and I would think it would be a good bit of business by us and I would not shed a tear.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:30 pm

Renato Sanchez available on loan ? I'd look to get in on that regardless of whether the Keita link materializes. Definitely one of the best young midfielders around and would fit in with our style of play.

Also something that might be very relevant to us is that Neymar seems to be on his way to PSG (report of a release clause fee of around 200mill !!) IF that move happens, they'll have cash to spend and although they seemingly dont see Coutinho as a replacement, they'll definitely be under pressure to sign high profile exciting attacking players to replace him.

80-100 mill for Coutinho will probably do it but unless we go out and bring a top players who fits in the whole window will look a step in the wrong direction .
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:28 pm

:no

For me so much would depend on Coutinho's response, does he want to stay or go.

If he want's to go £120 million should be our minimum asking price, and with the cash in our coffers if we can bring in Mahrez, Van Dyke and Keita I'd consider it a great bit of business by the club.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:25 pm

eds » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:42 am wrote:http://www.espnfc.com.au/story/3161814/liverpools-jurgen-klopp-to-barcelona-philippe-coutinho-not-for-sale

Mate, Suarez was banned when Barca signed him for £70m. He was also a liability. One more moronic instance and he'd have been facing a 2 year ban. We had no choice but to sell.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:00 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:28 pm wrote::no

If he want's to go £120 million should be our minimum asking price, and with the cash in our coffers if we can bring in Mahrez, Van Dyke and Keita I'd consider it a great bit of business by the club.

The best bit of business the club could do would be to sign Mahrez, Keita and Van Dijk and to keep Coutinho!  Mahrez showed again today just how good he is, £30m for a player of his quality is an absolute steal these days.
We need to make hay while the sun shines and sign these players while we still have the carrot of CL football to offer.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:18 pm

Stories going around that a deal of £74.5m has been accepted for Naby Keita.. He's even just changed his profile picture on his social media to him kissing RB's badge.

This is a signing of real intent and if true it's a exciting time to be a Liverpool fan.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:48 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:18 pm wrote:Stories going around that a deal of £74.5m has been accepted for Naby Keita.. He's even just changed his profile picture on his social media to him kissing RB's badge.

This is a signing of real intent and if true it's a exciting time to be a Liverpool fan.

Before I get my hopes up too much does this come from a credible source mate or is it a twitter rumour type of thing?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:49 pm

It was the Daily star reporting it so..  credible"ish"
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:06 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:49 pm wrote:It was the Daily star reporting it so..  credible"ish"

Cheers mate.
It's highly doubtful that they'd be the first to know but you never know I suppose, fingers crossed anyway mate.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:40 pm

The daily star story is based on an article posted on a website called winner sports. Looks a load of rubbish unfortunately.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:03 am

http://www.winnersports.co.uk/liverpool ... eita-75508

Yup nothing proper credible yet. I wonder who is the "German source".
If it is true we will hear about it later today.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:33 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:00 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:28 pm wrote::no

The best bit of business the club could do would be to sign Mahrez, Keita and Van Dijk and to keep Coutinho!  Mahrez showed again today just how good he is, £30m for a player of his quality is an absolute steal these days.
We need to make hay while the sun shines and sign these players while we still have the carrot of CL football to offer.

Couldn't agree more BUT I doubt that without the sale of Coutinho we wouldn't have the money to snag all of the other three.

If it happened though (Keep Couts AND sign the other three), it would be a massive statement of intent by the club, we'd have to be considered serious contenders in all competitions.    :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill