Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby parchpea » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:26 pm

The excuses are coming out now but its not good enough yet again if we don't improve the team.

If you want Keita then bid and bid again to an amount you are comfortable with and if its rejected look elsewhere its really quite simple despite club trying to muddy the waters.

Plenty of superior teams to us have upgraded their squads without buying Keita and VVD and maybe for a reason, perhaps they knew it was a dead end and moved on.

If we dont sign anyone else its pure incompetence, on Klopps and FSG head.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:14 pm

parchpea » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:26 pm wrote:The excuses are coming out now but its not good enough yet again if we don't improve the team.

If you want Keita then bid and bid again to an amount you are comfortable with and if its rejected look elsewhere its really quite simple despite club trying to muddy the waters.

Plenty of superior teams to us have upgraded their squads without buying Keita and VVD and maybe for a reason, perhaps they knew it was a dead end and moved on.

If we dont sign anyone else its pure incompetence, on Klopps and FSG head.

I think we've probably got encouragement from both the VVD and Keita camps that a deal can be done. Problem is that doesn't translate in a deal definitely being done. The season starts in 26 days and window closes in 45 days so the clock is ticking.
I doubt both deals will be done right at the end as both Southampton and Leipzig will want time to get replacements in/spend the money they receive on team improvements. Maybe Southampton and Leipzig are lining up players as we speak, who knows.

I do agree though, we need to have alternatives in mind and I'm sure we have. Just think we are giving ourselves as much time as possible to get in our primary targets but if we are no closer in early August, think we may well move on and look to tie up deals for other players pretty quickly
Doeboy

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:44 pm

Stories going around that Manure have entered the race to sign Naby Keita. Would just be our luck for them to pay the £70m and get the deal sealed. I think it's probably just Jose being annoying so we have to pay even more over the odds.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:45 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:44 pm wrote:Stories going around that Manure have entered the race to sign Naby Keita. Would just be our luck for them to pay the £70m and get the deal sealed. I think it's probably just Jose being annoying so we have to pay even more over the odds.

lol, you can just imagine the reaction from our fans if that happens  :laugh:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:59 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:45 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:44 pm wrote:Stories going around that Manure have entered the race to sign Naby Keita. Would just be our luck for them to pay the £70m and get the deal sealed. I think it's probably just Jose being annoying so we have to pay even more over the odds.

lol, you can just imagine the reaction from our fans if that happens  :laugh:

+1
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:59 am

Surely not? They've been linked with Matic, Dier and Fabinho - if Maureen tries to Nab Keita ('scuse the pun) it's to spite us.

2 different groups I follow said 2 different things about this yesterday, 1 certain it's gonna happen the other certain it isn't.

Klopp does this mad analogy about wanting to buy a car in an interview in reference to trying to buy him, seems Klopp has his heart set on him
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:39 am

Klopptomaniac » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:59 am wrote:

Surely not? They've been linked with Matic, Dier and Fabinho - if Maureen tries to Nab Keita ('scuse the pun) it's to spite us.

2 different groups I follow said 2 different things about this yesterday, 1 certain it's gonna happen the other certain it isn't.

Klopp does this mad analogy about wanting to buy a car in an interview in reference to trying to buy him, seems Klopp has his heart set on
him

£60-70m is a serious amount of money just to spite us so seriously doubt it is that. They are in the market for a central midfielder and with the season Keita has had, obviously we won't be the only ones who he has come to the notice of.

Saying that, the story linking with him with Utd is from a ***** source so I wouldn't read too much into it to be honest.
Doeboy

Postby Klopptomaniac » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:32 am

66m rejected going off the Echo and This Is Anfield. Not looking good
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:47 am

Leipzig know we a desperate for him. I think they are quite happy to sit back and see how many times we come back with an improved offer. They know there's still a month and half of the window left and if we really want him, we will come back and offer more in that time. They don't need the money so they hold all the cards, unless maybe Keita kicks up a fuss of course.

Let's be honest, every player has a price and Leipzig are probably waiting for us to come big with a crazy offer they just can't turn down. Obviously £66m isn't that number in their eyes. Interesting to see what  we do from here. It's already an awful lot of money for someone with only 1 good season behind him in one of the top European leagues

One the other hand, when these German clubs say no, it usually means no. Also, they have been so publicly adamant he won't go that they could face bit of a backlash if they do end up selling him now. Still believe there will be a price they will sell at, but it's looking that could be £75-80m+, unless Keita forces the issue but I'm not certain even that is guaranteed to change their minds
Last edited by Doeboy on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doeboy

Postby Eagle » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:59 am

Sounds like we are there or thereabouts with the fee on Keita (around  €75mil) but the sticking points are around how much is paid this summer vs how much is paid in instalments, and also how much is dependant on certain criteria being met (number of appearances, if win the league, etc.)
Eagle

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:08 am

Eagle » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:59 am wrote:Sounds like we are there or thereabouts with the fee on Keita (around  €75mil) but the sticking points are around how much is paid this summer vs how much is paid in instalments, and also how much is dependant on certain criteria being met (number of appearances, if win the league, etc.)

Not sure that is the case judging by the Leipzig's owners latest comments to be honest:

“We don’t sell any of our players just to get money,” he told Bild.

“Lately we got a €75m offer for Naby Keita. No way! He has a contract and he will accomplish it.

“To sell him would not only be a proof of distrust to our fans but also the wrong sign for our players like Timo Werner, who is in demand too.”

That last comment is probably the most telling as they are kinda backing themselves into a corner with statements like that and will look a bit silly if they go sell him after coming out with stuff like that.
Doeboy

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:14 am

At £66m I might've had a plan B so I could've said... keep him...   NEXT! Left them with a disgruntled player. But I'm not in charge yet so we'll just have to pay over the odds instead.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:04 am

Sounds like there is a bit of a power struggle going on at RB and that's why there are so many mixed messsges. If they stand in the way of Keita moving onto a bigger club despite a big and reasonable fee being offered they'll get a bad rep and players will think twice about going there. No matter how ambitious they might be the fact is right now they aren't a big club.

My guess is that we'll eventually get him but only after the media pantomime has played out painting Keita as the bad bad guy with RB doing all they can to keep him.
Eagle

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:56 am

Eagle » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:04 am wrote:Sounds like there is a bit of a power struggle going on at RB and that's why there are so many mixed messsges. If they stand in the way of Keita moving onto a bigger club despite a big and reasonable fee being offered they'll get a bad rep and players will think twice about going there. No matter how ambitious they might be the fact is right now they aren't a big club.

My guess is that we'll eventually get him but only after the media pantomime has played out painting Keita as the bad bad guy with RB doing all they can to keep him.

It's a shame that FSG didn't kick up the same kind of stink (instead of rolling over) when Barca came in for LS...
At least it would have been less painful for us.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:00 pm

Eagle » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:59 am wrote:Sounds like we are there or thereabouts with the fee on Keita (around  €75mil) but the sticking points are around how much is paid this summer vs how much is paid in instalments, and also how much is dependant on certain criteria being met (number of appearances, if win the league, etc.)

Apparently Leipzig's owner released a statement earlier today (after they knocked back our latest bid) which said that to sell Keita would not only betray the clubs fans but also let down their other big name players who have pledged to stay.
Hate to say it mate but that doesn't sound like a club on the verge of selling someone to me.
IMO we have 2 options, we either make them an offer they can't refuse (£100m etc) or we move on before the summer is wasted. As I have said before I'd go for Mahrez, he's actually out there in Hong Kong atm and for the figures being bandied about he'd be a bargain.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill