Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby redshade » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:29 pm

It would have been positive getting a player now so he can blend in the remainder of the season and be more than ready next season.
Having said that im glad we are not bullied by paying over the odds for Texiera. We've done that many times and have been crucified for it.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:30 pm

Looks like FSG are still feeling the pinch of some poor business and when this happens the coffers are slammed shut.

Still believe Klopps been recruited to assess the whole squad short term and then strip it down in summer, nothing doing now until that works complete.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:45 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:24 pm wrote:
leeroy74 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:38 pm wrote:I put this in the Klopp thread but maybe it should go here instead...

Sturridge, Origi, Courtinho and Skrytl returning to traing and Klopp says..

"These are our transfers, four new players for LFC! It’s good for us of course"

this kinda bullsh!t Rodgers came out with regularly and got crucified for. I tell ya lads, I'm seeing nothing to convince me anything is different. He's had 1 full transfer window and even though we're desperate with injuries and out of form players not 1 new signing has come through that door.

Well, we got Caulker but I know what you mean, he's hardly a game changer.
All in all this has been a very disappointing window, it's going to be pretty [f*ck]ing difficult for Jurgen to put his stamp on the team if he's not allowed to bring anyone in.

I don't think it's a case of LFC not wanting to bring anyone in... We have an experienced management team now who will not make rash decisions.
---
2 Bulls overlooking the prairie.
Son says to Dad "Let's run down and F$%K one of those Cows senseless.
Dad says to Son "No! Let's walk down and F$%K them all."
---
What's the panic and what's the rush?
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:35 pm

The only concern I have in not making a signing this window is that I don't think we have a team capable of getting into the top 4. That's gonna lose us key signings in the summer if we go head to head with a team that can offer CL football.. We've seen it happen numerous times in the past.

I'm glad we didn't get ripped off in the Texeira deal. He's unproven at this level and not currently worth £58m. But I think he could've been a little gem of a player like Suarez was for us... but we've been ripped off far too much in recent years so I'm sure we'll try again in the summer.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:04 pm

I'm still convinced that Jurgen is taking his time and wants to see what he needs before he begins bringing in new faces. No point in rushing things and then regretting them later.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:11 pm

leeroy74 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:38 pm wrote:I put this in the Klopp thread but maybe it should go here instead...

this kinda bullsh!t Rodgers came out with regularly and got crucified for. I tell ya lads, I'm seeing nothing to convince me anything is different. He's had 1 full transfer window and even though we're desperate with injuries and out of form players not 1 new signing has come through that door.

:laugh: , A bit of nivea cream on the old helmet will definitely help you mate   :D  (believe me I've tried it and it works !!!   :D  )

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:34 pm

Feel we should have got a striker In even if it was just a loan
Chelsea was offering remy feel we should have gone there

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:54 pm

Not a whole lot of value out there....think with the Euros coming up many players are sitting tight hoping their value will increase over the summer.
70m for that Brasilian guy was just plain daft...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:02 am

Pig Catcher » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:43 pm wrote:
Pig Catcher » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:33 am wrote:Very little activity at the club from those involved with transfers.

Very unlikely we’ll make any significant signings in this window, if any at all. Only injuries or an approach from an agent for a player we thought was unattainable would change this.

No targets identified by the manager to bring in this window.

Club monitoring the situation of a number of young players that wouldn’t cost too much (Gomez, Ilori, etc) who have been on radar of the recruitment team for several years. Could possibly move for one or more of these if we thought a favourable deal looks possible.

This is still the position. We reacted to all the CB injuries by brining in Caulker until the end of the season as an extra body but we are not actively trying to fill any position in January. Unless we're made aware of a great opportunity to get a player under the noses of other clubs we won't be doing much or anything else.

This was it basically. We bought in Caulker due to an injury crisis and tried to do a deal for Teixeira because his people approached us. I thought with our shortage of fullbacks we might try to bring in Ben Chilwell but maybe we will try for him on a bosman in the summer and just pay the tribunal fee.

This window was never identified as key so I imagine loads of work will be going on leading up too and during the summer.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:30 am

I would have thought FSG would have given Jurgen a few bob to spend though considering it was his first window, you can bet your bottom dollar that Guardiola will be given a good few bob by City.
Very disappointing if I'm being honest.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:33 am

It sounds like money is available. Just seems as though Klopp isn't keen on splashing out in a panic which isn't a bad thing considering some of our business in recent years. We don't have a bottomless pit like City.
Eagle

Postby eds » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:44 am

Here you go fella, this will cheer you up:

http://www.espnfc.com.au/club/liverpool/364/blog/post/2798461/jurgen-klopp-hasnt-improved-liverpool

Another deluded opinion piece on why things were so much better under uncle Brendan and how Klopp is a horrible manager.

Funny how we never saw these "brilliantly written pieces" appearing when Rodgers was 4 months into the job and struggling.....even worse.......

Looking up Rodgers league record after 15 league games he was 4 wins, 7 draws, 4 losses compared to Klopp's 6 wins, 4 draws and 5 losses.

But let's not compare apples with apples.  :laugh:
Last edited by eds on Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maguskwt » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:16 am

Eagle » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:33 pm wrote:It sounds like money is available. Just seems as though Klopp isn't keen on splashing out in a panic which isn't a bad thing considering some of our business in recent years. We don't have a bottomless pit like City.

I hope that that were the case. However, all indications show that we have yet again missed a first choice target. Remember the numerous times that happened when BR was in charge?

I don't mind not buying the other choices in the 'list' if Klopp wasn't keen on them. But I do mind not getting the targeted first choices because we're skimming on 5-6 millions.

The transfer committee should be scraped and JK fully in charge of all transfers.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:36 am

Don't really understand why there is so much doom and gloom over the lack of transfers in January 2016.
2 seasons ago to the day (when I wasn't a part of this wonderful online community) I was in bits...
We were sat on top of the league and made NO attempt to consolidate that position with a MASSIVE statement of intent.
40M no messing - we should have unsettled and forced Barca to sell Sanchez but lacked the BALLS to do so. I was gutted! 40M... Now we're over 200M down the road and no closer to the summit.
The rest is hindsight.
I'm still upset (and in the recovery position) over Jan 2014 - Not Jan 2016 (a time when we have a team that can't even P!SS straight, let alone shoot straight).
----
None of the above is JK's fault.
Last edited by johnbarnes on Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:39 am

Klopp will have a list of target's. If we can't get them in and the transfer committee suggest alternatives,don't think JK is the the type to compromise and run with that.  I could actually see him resigning in that situation
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill