Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:14 pm

LFC1990 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:27 pm wrote:how reliable is indykhalia?

according to him bid accepted for shaqiri and interest in berahino

indykaila is full os sh1t matey, big time!!

on more positive news, james pearce (liverpool echo) saying Origi defo coming back to us in January :)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:28 pm

Yeah just seen that CR

with Sturridge due back this month you've got to think borini must be leaving

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:17 am

David Maddock says that Origi will come if Lille can find a replacement, Shaqiri will seriously consider our offer & Neto is the GK we want.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:07 am

Hugo Lloris? he's up for sale but I doubt we'll spend £25m on a keeper.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:07 am

cardiff-red » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:17 am wrote:David Maddock says that Origi will come if Lille can find a replacement, Shaqiri will seriously consider our offer & Neto is the GK we want.

I don't think our fortunes are going to drastically improve with the inclusion of those 3.
We have to wait till lille get a replacement for origi, shaquiri will string everyone along again for an entire window and I doubt that neto lad will be an improvement on mingolet. There is a high chance all 3 will prop the bench and thats not what we need to turn our season around. Id sooner see one signing that automatically improves our 11 like begovic or a proper striker.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:20 am

red till i die!! » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:07 am wrote:
cardiff-red » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:17 am wrote:David Maddock says that Origi will come if Lille can find a replacement, Shaqiri will seriously consider our offer & Neto is the GK we want.

I don't think our fortunes are going to drastically improve with the inclusion of those 3.
We have to wait till lille get a replacement for origi, shaquiri will string everyone along again for an entire window and I doubt that neto lad will be an improvement on mingolet. There is a high chance all 3 will prop the bench and thats not what we need to turn our season around. Id sooner see one signing that automatically improves our 11 like begovic or a proper striker.

I agree mate, 100%

We should have signed Begovic in the first place

Been saying it for a couple of months but would really love to see the 3 or 4 top lads from the academy in first team squad on a regular basis and of course bring back Ibe :)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:05 pm

cardiff-red » Jan 5th, '15, 08:17 wrote:David Maddock says that Origi will come if Lille can find a replacement, Shaqiri will seriously consider our offer & Neto is the GK we want.

Lille also want 6mil Euros, but LFC I believed have offered half that. Lille have turned the offer down.  I really don't know what good it will do bringing him back now. No EPL experience, currently plays in a much slower league, and to get up to speed in the EPL will likely take a couple of months if not a little longer. He is not ready for th EPL at all. How much pressure will be put on a 19year old I wonder!
Last edited by Kash_Mountain on Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby parchpea » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:25 pm

I would  be putting all my money down on a top class holding midfield player and leave the likes of Shaqiri alone, we are loaded with attacking midfield players.

Understand Can could potentially play there but hes more of a utility type to me and with Lucas not getting any quicker and Gerrard going we need a strong addition
in there and its a position not upgraded for a lot of years now.

Knowing us it will be Berahino and a 5 foot five a side goalie who cant catch a ball.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:19 pm

Liverpool are heading the queue to sign James Milner on a free transfer this summer if the Manchester City midfielder fails to agree a new contract at the Etihad Stadium.

The Reds are understood to have expressed a strong interest in Milner as the midfielder remains locked in negotiations over a new deal when his City contract expires at the end of the season.

Liverpool were rebuffed in an effort to sign Milner last summer and are ready to make a move if the opportunity presents itself, especially following the announcement that Steven Gerrard will leave Anfield this summer.

Milner is now officially allowed to speak to foreign clubs about a summer transfer but is believed to have no intention of leaving English football next season.

He is in talks with City over a new four-and-a-half year deal worth £90,000-a-week and could use Liverpool's admiration to force a better offer from the Premier League champions.

The 29-year-old has played a key role for Manuel Pellegrini's side this season and scored both goals in Sunday's 2-1 victory over Sheffield Wednesday in the FA Cup third round.

Source: Goal.com
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:19 pm

Liverpool look set to beat Inter Milan to the signing of Swiss winger Xherdan Shaqiri after offering better wages than the Italian outfit.

Shaqiri is set leave Bayern Munich this month after growing unsettled by his lack of playing time at the Allianz Arena.

And while the 23-year-old did look set to make a move to Serie A it now seems Liverpool may have won the race for the player.

It is claimed that Liverpool will offer £1.5m to loan Shaqiri until the end of the season and then have the option to make the deal permanent for a further £8m in the summer.

Importantly, the Reds are also said to have offered the former Basel man £10,000-a-week more than Inter in wages.

And that appears to have swung things in the Anfield outfit's favour, with Shaqiri now braced for a stint in the Premier League.

Inter were keen to land Shaqiri but their need for a wide player has been somewhat assuaged by the imminent capture of Lukas Podolski from Arsenal.

Source: Express.co.uk
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:57 pm

I agree with what others are saying, do we really need Shaqiri? We have loads like him, plus there's also Suso and Ibe on loan, we have plenty of wingers/attacking midfielders. Should concentrate on a striker and a keeper, good ones though not f*cking Neto.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:13 pm

damjan193 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:57 pm wrote:I agree with what others are saying, do we really need Shaqiri? We have loads like him, plus there's also Suso and Ibe on loan, we have plenty of wingers/attacking midfielders. Should concentrate on a striker and a keeper, good ones though not f*cking Neto.

Suso is out of contract in the summer.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:15 pm

cardiff-red » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:19 pm wrote:Liverpool look set to beat Inter Milan to the signing of Swiss winger Xherdan Shaqiri after offering better wages than the Italian outfit.

Shaqiri is set leave Bayern Munich this month after growing unsettled by his lack of playing time at the Allianz Arena.

And while the 23-year-old did look set to make a move to Serie A it now seems Liverpool may have won the race for the player.

It is claimed that Liverpool will offer £1.5m to loan Shaqiri until the end of the season and then have the option to make the deal permanent for a further £8m in the summer.

Importantly, the Reds are also said to have offered the former Basel man £10,000-a-week more than Inter in wages.

And that appears to have swung things in the Anfield outfit's favour, with Shaqiri now braced for a stint in the Premier League.

Inter were keen to land Shaqiri but their need for a wide player has been somewhat assuaged by the imminent capture of Lukas Podolski from Arsenal.

Source: Express.co.uk

Seeing as we always seem to have to pay for any loan deals we get I really hope those numpties are getting the same when loaning out our players  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:29 pm

red till i die!! » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:13 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:57 pm wrote:I agree with what others are saying, do we really need Shaqiri? We have loads like him, plus there's also Suso and Ibe on loan, we have plenty of wingers/attacking midfielders. Should concentrate on a striker and a keeper, good ones though not f*cking Neto.

Suso is out of contract in the summer.

I know but he's ours at the moment. I'm sure he'll sign a new contract if he's given a chance to play for us. He's a talented kid as well so why waste money on someone new when we already have talented players that we're not even using.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby SkippyRed » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:16 pm

You can't compare Shaqiri to Suso. Shaqiri dominated for Basel, knocked United out and has been a very handy player for Munich.

I'd bite anyones hand off to get Shaqiri.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill