Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:04 pm

Petr Cech's agent: “Liverpool need to strengthen their position in goal and they know Petr will be available."
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:28 am

Liverpool target Ezequiel Lavezzi is seemingly set for an imminent PSG exit after being told his contract with the Ligue 1 side would not be renewed according to the Metro.

The 29-year-old Argentine has 18 months to run on his current deal and has a price-tag of £17m but the Parc des Princes side may elect to accept lesser offers before his valuation decreases due to the length of time left on his contract.

The former Napoli man has had an up and down time of it since moving to the French capital and may be open to a fresh challenge and could offer Brendan Rodgers some much needed options in the final third.

Lavezzi can play either in a wide attacking role or up front and at his best is a very capable performer.

Laurent Blanc doesn't appear to see Lavezzi as a crucial member of his firs team set-up, handing the attacker just eight Ligue 1 starts this term and subbing him on six of those occasions.

Source: CaughtOffside.com
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:54 pm

Liverpool are ready to firm-up their interest in long term target Will Hughes according to the BBC.

The 19-year-old midfielder is now into his fourth season in the Derby County first team set-up and is a regular in Steve McClaren's starting eleven with the Rams mounting a genuine push for promotion to the Premier League.

Though Hughes only signed a new long term deal with Derby County over the summer it appears that Brendan Rodger is still keen to land the England U21 international who has been dubbed the 'New Steven Gerrard'.

Derby County currently sit in third spot in the Championship table, just three points off top of the table Bournemouth, and Hughes has been key to their run of good form.

Liverpool have developed a strong relationship with Derby County in recent seasons, loaning out the likes of Jordan Ibe and Andre Wisdom, and this may well help Rodgers' cause.

The Anfield side would do well to stump up the cash needed to persuade Derby County to sell Hughes and could perhaps offer the midfielder back on loan for the remainder of their promotion push.

Source: CaughtOffside.com
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:54 pm

Liverpool will test Aston Villa's resolve to hold onto Fabian Delph and Ron Vlaar in January with a £15m bid for the pair.

Delph and Vlaar are both out of contract at the end of the season and will be free to talk to other clubs about a free transfer over the summer on January 1.

Paul Lambert has insisted that despite the pair's contract status that neither will be leaving Villa Park next month.

But reports this morning suggest that Brendan Rodgers will put that claim to the test by offering £15m for both players.

Rodgers is desperate to halt his sides faltering Premier League campaign and sees the two experienced campaigners as the ideal signings.

Tottenham have previously been linked with a move for Delph, while Manchester United, Southampton and Arsenal are all believed to be monitoring Vlaar's situation.

It now remains to be seen whether Villa are even vaguely tempted by Liverpool's offer, with their own Premier League status potentially in the balance.

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:49 pm

It annoys me that we are still getting linked with average players when its clear we need quality over quantity.
We need a world class striker immediately and a really good defensive midfielder to help out the defence! Anyone with a footballing brain can see this, so why can't Rodgers?
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:05 pm

Ignore the Daily Express , that rag come out with utter horse Sh*t when it comes to transfer news.

As though they randomly draw a team out of a hat and then a player out of another hat and then proceed to print a story linking the club with the player the following day
Doeboy

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:06 pm

The Metro is reporting that we are close to a deal for berahino in the region of £23.5 million  :wwww  Apparently he has asked to leave  :down:

Also some Italian source is claiming we are to send balotelli on loan to sampdoria in return for their keeper Romero  :laugh: .
Lucas is reportedly open to a move to Inter and Lazio reportedly told us to get stuffed unless we are willing to put up £7 - 8 mil alongside borini for that Onazi lad.

Well at least we are being linked with positions we need filling but again I'm not sure about the quality.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:09 pm

Doeboy » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:05 pm wrote:Ignore the Daily Express , that rag come out with utter horse Sh*t when it comes to transfer news.

As though they randomly draw a team out of a hat and then a player out of another hat and then proceed to print a story linking the club with the player the following day

There is some amount of $h!te sources on that newsnow.co.uk. and the express, the star, the metro and HITC have to be the worst. :nod
I still like reading them though  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:24 pm

I think it's imperative that we keep hold of Lucas, even if we bring a new DM in there's no guarantee that the new man will settle right away (or at all for that matter). We all know Lucas isn't a Mascherano or Alonso but he does do a decent job of protecting the back 4 and he does it in trying circumstances as well (having a 34 year old next to him).
Have to agree with UvS xR4AGEx as well, I know the January window isn't traditionally the time for big signings and splashing the cash but some of the names we are being linked with are underwhelming to say the least.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:17 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:24 pm wrote:I think it's imperative that we keep hold of Lucas, even if we bring a new DM in there's no guarantee that the new man will settle right away (or at all for that matter). We all know Lucas isn't a Mascherano or Alonso but he does do a decent job of protecting the back 4 and he does it in trying circumstances as well (having a 34 year old next to him).
Have to agree with UvS xR4AGEx as well, I know the January window isn't traditionally the time for big signings and splashing the cash but some of the names we are being linked with are underwhelming to say the least.

Agree January is no time to let him leave.
Underwhelming is an understatement yakka and if we do sign players it has all the hallmarks of previous windows.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:56 am

linked with berahino for 25 million

a player who cant even get in the west brom side

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:28 pm

We won't be spending £25m on Berahino and would be surprised if anyone else does as well. Ridiculous sum of money for someone who while definitely who has potential and shown real promise, hasn't done it over a season. Think he will probably go for between £15-18m
Doeboy

Postby Boocity » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:28 pm

I am totally underwhelmed by the players we seem to be linked with lately. I normally look forward to the transfer window but have lost all faith in the club bringing in anyone that will seriously strengthen our first team.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:59 pm

Boocity » Dec 29th, '14, 12:28 wrote:I am totally underwhelmed by the players we seem to be linked with lately. I normally look forward to the transfer window but have lost all faith in the club bringing in anyone that will seriously strengthen our first team.

Unfortunately, BR had to get it absolutely spot on last Summer, he knows that as does everyone else.  He's signed only potential when LFC needed quality over quantity. There is no money in the pot now.  It's sell to  buy policy for  the foreseeable future. LFC may sign a GK on Pre contract for next summer, that's about it for Jan.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby C-R » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:26 pm

Liverpool are closing in on a £23.5million deal for West Brom striker Saido Berahino, according to reports.

Berahino has been linked with Liverpool and Tottenham after starring for the Baggies this season.

The 21-year-old has scored seven Premier League goals and earned a call-up to Roy Hodgson's England squad.

And despite failing to find the net in his last 11 games, Berahino could be on his way to Anfield.Liverpool are reportedly planning a £23.5m January move for the Burundi-born star.

West Brom would likely accept such a figure, although Spurs are ready to battle for his services.

Berahino came off the bench yesterday as the pressure heaped on Alan Irvine after West Brom lost 2-0 at Stoke.

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill