Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:25 pm

Liverpool want to re-sign former striker Fernando Torres in a shock move, according to reports.

Torres is currently on a two-year loan spell at AC Milan from Chelsea, but the Italian club want to cancel the agreement in January.

Atletico Madrid have shown interest in signing him, with Chelsea ready to give him a free transfer, but reports say Liverpool are set to rival them.

The Reds are desperate to bring in another forward in the new year and Brendan Rodgers is willing to re-sign the 30-year-old if terms can be agreed.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:26 pm

Liverpool have been told they could be getting the next Gianlugi Buffon if they are willing to splash out £12m on Mattia Perin in January.

The Genoa stopper has been linked with a move to Anfield next month with Brendan Rodgers keen to bring in competition for Simon Mignolet.

And the player's agent has confirmed that a move is on the cards, but only if the Reds meet the Serie A club's asking price.

"Any important club on a European level that has important sums to invest cannot help but think of Mattia," agent Moreno Roggi told Tuttomercatoweb.

"They would have a very reliable goalkeeper for the next 20 years and the chance to spread the cost out over time. A bit like what Juventus did with Buffon.

"Liverpool? Now these voices are emerging consistently. Save for surprises, Perin will remain at Genoa until the end of the season, because I doubt the club and Gasperini want to lose a key figure in the team.

"Of course, if a club were to come forward with the right offer, then everything could be up for debate. I repeat, in my opinion he will remain at Genoa until the end of the season."

Despite the claims Guillermo Ochoa remains favourites with the bookies.

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:41 pm

I occasionally get fed some information that comes through a number of channels but apparently has a strong source. Here it is but feel free to disregard.

There is no budget for a marquee signing. Any major deal would depend on generating money through sales.

Rodgers is pushing hard to bring in a striker. We have a relatively short shortlist of targets and are confident that we can bring in our top target early in the window if we can sell Borini for £10+.

We have scouted Mattia Perin (along with a number of keepers) but are not considering a bid.

Rodgers is keen to bring in a keeper but no candidate(s) have been identified as being both of the required quality and realistically obtainable. As it stands it’s looking likely that we will have to look at it again in the summer.

We are not actively seeking to buy or sell any centre backs so there will no change in this area unless an exceptional opportunity presents itself.

Attempts to convince Suso to sign an extension to his deal (which expires in the summer) have failed and he is likely to leave for a small fee in January.

We would like to take Xherdan Shaqiri on loan for the rest of the season with the view to a permanent move.

Despite interest from a number of clubs who are willing to pay a small fee, the club will not let Glen Johnson leave until the summer when his contact expires.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:56 pm

cardiff-red » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:26 am wrote:Liverpool have been told they could be getting the next Gianlugi Buffon if they are willing to splash out £12m on Mattia Perin in January.

The Genoa stopper has been linked with a move to Anfield next month with Brendan Rodgers keen to bring in competition for Simon Mignolet.

And the player's agent has confirmed that a move is on the cards, but only if the Reds meet the Serie A club's asking price.

"Any important club on a European level that has important sums to invest cannot help but think of Mattia," agent Moreno Roggi told Tuttomercatoweb.

"They would have a very reliable goalkeeper for the next 20 years and the chance to spread the cost out over time. A bit like what Juventus did with Buffon.

"Liverpool? Now these voices are emerging consistently. Save for surprises, Perin will remain at Genoa until the end of the season, because I doubt the club and Gasperini want to lose a key figure in the team.

"Of course, if a club were to come forward with the right offer, then everything could be up for debate. I repeat, in my opinion he will remain at Genoa until the end of the season."

Pls no. This guy looks super lightweight...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:21 pm

maguskwt » Dec 23rd, '14, 16:56 wrote:
cardiff-red » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:26 am wrote:Liverpool have been told they could be getting the next Gianlugi Buffon if they are willing to splash out £12m on Mattia Perin in January.

Think Perin may be heading to Juventus next summer, though I guess his Club (Genoa) might listen to offers from others

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:21 pm

maguskwt » Dec 23rd, '14, 16:56 wrote:

Think Perin may be heading to Juventus next summer, though I guess his Club (Genoa) might listen to offers from others

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby C-R » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:08 pm

@ Kash, is Perin any good mate? must confess never heard of him before the recent links
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:59 pm

cardiff-red » Dec 23rd, '14, 19:08 wrote:@ Kash, is Perin any good mate? must confess never heard of him before the recent links

He's alright, and imo, quality. Perin is still young (22 or 23), however he's been a regular first teamer for quite some time so has experience and does have huge potential to be top notch keeper.  He can be a bit rash, and think he was red carded recently.  LFC did have him watched in September of this year I believe. Note though, he would cost LFC a huge amount of cash, cash that the Club don't have anymore.

I reckon LFC may look to a pre-contract agreement with someone, I hear that John Ruddy was being looked at, but he's just like Mignolet.

I think Begovic could do a job for LFC, having said that, imo, Petr Cech would most likely suit us over anyone else currently and he has the influence to instill calmness in those around him, but he won't come to LFC cause the Club don't have the money

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby C-R » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:17 pm

Kash_Mountain » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:59 pm wrote:
cardiff-red » Dec 23rd, '14, 19:08 wrote:@ Kash, is Perin any good mate? must confess never heard of him before the recent links

He's alright, and imo, quality. Perin is still young (22 or 23), however he's been a regular first teamer for quite some time so has experience and does have huge potential to be top notch keeper.  He can be a bit rash, and think he was red carded recently.  LFC did have him watched in September of this year I believe. Note though, he would cost LFC a huge amount of cash, cash that the Club don't have anymore.

I reckon LFC may look to a pre-contract agreement with someone, I hear that John Ruddy was being looked at, but he's just like Mignolet.

I think Begovic could do a job for LFC, having said that, imo, Petr Cech would most likely suit us over anyone else currently and he has the influence to instill calmness in those around him, but he won't come to LFC cause the Club don't have the money

Thank you :)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:46 pm

cardiff-red » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:33 am wrote:Liverpool and Arsenal have entered the race to sign Real Madrid star and Manchester United target Fabio Coentrao.

Both Premier League clubs are in dire need of a new left-back

Could have swore we signed a left back in the summer  :eyebrow
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:48 pm

cardiff-red » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:25 pm wrote:Liverpool want to re-sign former striker Fernando Torres in a shock move, according to reports.

Torres is currently on a two-year loan spell at AC Milan from Chelsea, but the Italian club want to cancel the agreement in January.

Atletico Madrid have shown interest in signing him, with Chelsea ready to give him a free transfer, but reports say Liverpool are set to rival them.

The Reds are desperate to bring in another forward in the new year and Brendan Rodgers is willing to re-sign the 30-year-old if terms can be agreed.

Are we now Milan's garbage bin  :lookaround
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:59 pm

Pig Catcher » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:41 pm wrote:I occasionally get fed some information that comes through a number of channels but apparently has a strong source. Here it is but feel free to disregard.

There is no budget for a marquee signing. Any major deal would depend on generating money through sales.

Rodgers is pushing hard to bring in a striker. We have a relatively short shortlist of targets and are confident that we can bring in our top target early in the window if we can sell Borini for £10+.

We have scouted Mattia Perin (along with a number of keepers) but are not considering a bid.

Rodgers is keen to bring in a keeper but no candidate(s) have been identified as being both of the required quality and realistically obtainable. As it stands it’s looking likely that we will have to look at it again in the summer.

We are not actively seeking to buy or sell any centre backs so there will no change in this area unless an exceptional opportunity presents itself.

Attempts to convince Suso to sign an extension to his deal (which expires in the summer) have failed and he is likely to leave for a small fee in January.

We would like to take Xherdan Shaqiri on loan for the rest of the season with the view to a permanent move.

Despite interest from a number of clubs who are willing to pay a small fee, the club will not let Glen Johnson leave until the summer when his contact expires.

Hate to see what their version of a top target is if they are relying on a fee for borini to sign him. That emo clown will probably dig his feet in again anyway unless he gets a ridiculous wage to move.

Suso is off for sure because of the false promises he has been given.

As for glenda  :down: Seeing as we aren't giving him a deal he's likely to accept i can't for the life of me believe we wouldn't take a fee for him but will let him walk in the summer for nowt.
if rodgers survives this season then he already has his excuse primed as he will probably trot the line the he's without 2 world class players who were so important to what we are trying to achieve here.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:37 pm

Liverpool have received a boost in their pursuit of winger Yevhen Konoplyanka after Inter Milan failed to meet the player's wage demands.

Konoplyanka is on the radar of several clubs in Europe, with both Tottenham and West Ham also keeping tabs on the 25-year-old.

The Ukraine international's contract at FC Dnipro expires at the end of the season and, after a refusing to sign a new deal, he will be available on a free next summer.

That news had alerted Inter Milan and the Serie A side's new manager Roberto Mancini, who is keen to strengthen his squad at the San Siro.

However, according to Italian news outlet FC Inter News, Mancini has been priced out of a move for Konoplyanka next summer.

The winger's wage demands are reportedly higher than Inter can afford, forcing the Italian club to pull out of the running for his signature.

Source: talkSPORT
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:38 pm

Liverpool are showing interest in Roma's Radja Nainggolan and may pounce on the Giallorossi's co-ownership status with Cagliari.

Roma hold 50 per cent of the Belgian's registration at a cost of €9m, but have yet to agree with the Isolani a deal for the remaining share.

Needing to resolve the co-ownership by June, the situation reportedly has Liverpool ready to complicate matters.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, the Reds may be willing to offer Cagliari €15m for their half of the midfielder - a significant upgrade on the €6m that Roma are reportedly offering.

To try and convince Cagliari not to turn to the English club, Roma are rumoured to be considering an offer of between €10m and €11m for a duel permanent move for Nainggolan and Davide Astori and the loan of Salih Ucan.

Cagliari are said to be asking for €10m for Nainggolan's remaining 50 per cent share alone.

Source: Football Italia
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:50 pm

Liverpool are in talks with French club Paris Saint Germain to sign their talented midfielder Adrien Rabiot, according to reports.

Rabiot, who was a summer target for Arsenal, appeared to end all speculation over his future recently by signing a new contract at PSG - but he now looks set to leave on-loan.

Tottenham had made signing him a priority, with a deal reportedly close to being wrapped up, but Le Sport 10 says Liverpool have hijacked the move with talks underway.

Any deal would only be on-loan until the end of the season, but if the left-footed maestro impresses, the Reds could look to splash out and make it permanent.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill