Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby devaney » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:02 pm

Thanks for the clarification. No I wasn't suggesting for one moment that we buy Soldado  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:48 pm

Christian Bailey, CaughtOffside March 21st, 2014
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers will launch a £3.5m bid for West Ham midfielder Mohamed Diame as he seeks to strengthen his midfield options.

CaughtOffside understands that the Anfield side’s offer will trigger the 26 year old’s release clause, leaving the Senegal international free to then consider a move to the Merseyside club.

Rodgers believes a move for experienced battler Diame is a bargain buy worth making and should his side secure a Champions League berth then one imagines the former Wigan Athletic man would be tempted by a move to leave Upton Park for Liverpool.

Diame has been a regular in Sam Allardyce’s side this term and impressed last term in his first season at West Ham.

Liverpool have mounted a genuine Premier League title challenge this term and Rodgers feels he needs more strength in depth to truly be in with a race to put in a consistent push for major honours.

Liverpool’s American owners are ready to hand Rodgers a significant transfer war-chest in that endeavour and Diame is a player the former Swansea City boss looking to sign the rangy midfielder early in the summer before a scouting mission he will look to undertake at the 2014 World Cup finals.

Rodgers is confident that he can lure Diame to Anfield this summer though he will be aware that many other sides will be tempted by the low fee it would take to sign the Hammers star.

Decent player for the money mentioned, gives us more depth to the squad, not sure if it gives us any additional quality.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:34 am

I'd like us to sign that lad who played against us yesterday for Cardiff Darley.
Can't find f##k on him but I've been watching this game long enough to know a player who has got excellent technique.
Pity he plays for Cardiff with that other miserable so and so as a manager, couldn't see him selling us a player, he'd probably be right on the phone to United the moment we made an offer.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:46 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:34 am wrote:I'd like us to sign that lad who played against us yesterday for Cardiff Darley.
Can't find f##k on him but I've been watching this game long enough to know a player who has got excellent technique.
Pity he plays for Cardiff with that other miserable so and so as a manager, couldn't see him selling us a player, he'd probably be right on the phone to United the moment we made an offer.

Did you hear that cnut in his interview when asked if we were title challenges he said 'coundn't care less', reminds me of something Kenny would say but Keny would say that about anyone as his focus was Liverpool, he said it as a bitter ex Manc
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:03 am

D'yer mean "Daehli"  Yakka ?, looked ok , didn't know he was only 18, wouldn't say he really grabbed my attention but his manager obviously thinks highly of him.

Wiki
Mats Møller Dæhli (born 2 March 1995) is a Norwegian footballer who plays as a midfielder for Premier League club Cardiff City. Born in Oslo, he has previously been contracted to English club Manchester United, where he played for the reserve team. He joined Ole Gunnar Solskjær's club Molde in July 2013 and made his professional debut the same year, before he transferred to Cardiff City in January 2014 after Solskjær had been hired as manager of the Welsh team. Dæhli is said to be the most promising youth player in Norway, and has been a key player for every Norwegian youth team up to under-19 level. He has also played for the under-21 team, and made the step up to the senior team in 2013.

Found this from Daily Star
The 18-year-old Norwegian wonder spent two seasons at Old Trafford before returning to Norway with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s Molde.
However, when Solskjaer was appointed as Malky Mackay’s successor at Cardiff last month, Daehli was offered the chance of Premier League football.
It sparked immediate interest from United, who had written a buy-back clause into Daehli’s contract when he joined Molde on a two and a half year contract last July.
The baby-faced midfielder eventually signed for Cardiff in a deal worth almost £2.5m.
Daehli joined United as a 15-year-old and but returned to Norway last summer in search of regular football. He played under Solskjaer in United’s reserves and then at Molde where Solskjaer was a real hit.
When the former United superstar left for south Wales, Daehli followed him. “I just want to play first-team football and play for Ole,” he said.
“I had the offer and accepted it. Ole is the reason I came here.I did have talks with United and there was a buy back clause.They had a chat with my dad but I wanted to play for Cardiff.”
It promises to be a tough couple of months for Daehli and Cardiff. The club are locked in the relegation zone on the back of one win in their last 10 games.

Probably made a good decision by joining Cardiff, a manager he knows and a side where at this stage of his career he'd actually get the chance to play .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:16 am

Telegraph on line
Real Madrid are considering a summer bid for Glen Johnson as the Spanish giants prepare to capitalise on Liverpool’s delay in offering the defender a new contract.

Johnson is emerging as a realistic target for Real at the end of the season and Carlo Ancelotti, the manager, has been alerted to the uncertainty over the England international’s future at Anfield.

Liverpool held preliminary negotiations with Johnson over a year ago but have suspended further talks until the summer, when the 29-year-old will enter the final 12 months of his contract.

The club’s owners, Fenway Sports Group, are reluctant to pay players lucrative deals when they go beyond their 30th birthday and Johnson is unlikely to be offered significantly more than the £110,000 a week he currently earns.

Ancelotti is in the market for a new right-back, with long-term doubts over Alvaro Arbeloa, and is weighing up a £5million bid for Johnson with the offer of a new challenge in La Liga.

:Oo:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:28 am

I'll drive him to the airport.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:58 am

Thanks for the heads up on daehli, his close control stood out a mile yesterday, reading that though it looks like he was on united's books and they have a buy back clause  :(
Pity because he'd suit our style right down to the ground, gonna be a good player that lad.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:11 pm

He's already an international, here's a couple of clips of his performances against the Czech Republic and Denmark -

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rDpE-zzfFkQ

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5HVQmaFiT24

As I said he'd suit our style right down to the ground, he's got tremendous close control and vision for a player of 18, gutted United have got first option on him.
As soon as I saw him yesterday I thought who the f## k is this lad and what's he doing at a club like Cardiff (no offence meant to Cardiff fans). The ball was glued to his feet.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:57 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:16 am wrote:Telegraph on line
Real Madrid are considering a summer bid for Glen Johnson as the Spanish giants prepare to capitalise on Liverpool’s delay in offering the defender a new contract.

Johnson is emerging as a realistic target for Real at the end of the season and Carlo Ancelotti, the manager, has been alerted to the uncertainty over the England international’s future at Anfield.

Liverpool held preliminary negotiations with Johnson over a year ago but have suspended further talks until the summer, when the 29-year-old will enter the final 12 months of his contract.

The club’s owners, Fenway Sports Group, are reluctant to pay players lucrative deals when they go beyond their 30th birthday and Johnson is unlikely to be offered significantly more than the £110,000 a week he currently earns.

Ancelotti is in the market for a new right-back, with long-term doubts over Alvaro Arbeloa, and is weighing up a £5million bid for Johnson with the offer of a new challenge in La Liga.

:Oo:

A few reports saying they'll offer £5 million, which is a ***** take if true.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:33 pm

Can we not milk a bit more from them? It's Real Madrid, they wouldn't mind paying a few quid more.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:38 pm

How about a swap for Coentrao ?
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:41 pm

damjan193 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:33 pm wrote:Can we not milk a bit more from them? It's Real Madrid, they wouldn't mind paying a few quid more.

Real have always screwed us over when it comes to transfers and wouldn't surprise me if they tried to do it again.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:49 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:41 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:33 pm wrote:Can we not milk a bit more from them? It's Real Madrid, they wouldn't mind paying a few quid more.

Real have always screwed us over when it comes to transfers and wouldn't surprise me if they tried to do it again.

That's true, but despite him being almost 30 and only 1 more year on his contract, he's still a regular English international plus he hasn't shown a desire to leave, so maybe , if we're smart, we can get a bit more for him.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:56 pm

damjan193 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:49 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:41 pm wrote:

That's true, but despite him being almost 30 and only 1 more year on his contract, he's still a regular English international plus he hasn't shown a desire to leave, so maybe , if we're smart, we can get a bit more for him.

I'd sooner see us keep him and lose him for nothing than gift Real another transfer deal.  Either that or try and get a few clubs interested.

I still rate Johnson, but can't see him getting another 110k per week deal here. Hence I think he'll go.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill