Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby devaney » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:47 pm

Anelka and his infamous brother's impressed the management at Liverpool so much that we spent £10m on Diouf which just about says it all. I wouldn't have the disruptive fkr anywhere near us !!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:02 pm

Yeah exactly. Plus he's suspended anyway. The FA has appealed to FIFA to make it a global ban.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:28 pm

Anelka is finished in top flight football and WBA fans won't miss him much. I can see him trying to get one more pay day in the US, Middle East or somewhere, but he won't play here again.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:09 pm

Which bleedin' numpty on here even suggested Anelka? Are you for real ??
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:18 am

Liverpool’s hopes of signing Yevhen Konoplyanka in the summer transfer window have taken a hit after Dnipro’s president was quoted as saying he would rather sell the winger to Tottenham, having criticised the late nature of the Reds’ January approach.

Reports in the Ukrainian press state Igor Kolomoisky is currently in negotiations with Spurs over his prized 24-year-old, who played at White Hart Lane in the Europa League, despite Liverpool only narrowly missing out on Konoplyanka in the winter window.

But now it looks as though Kolomoisky has allowed Spurs chief Daniel Levy to enter the fray, possibly in an attempt to drive up the transfer fee, and has also urged his player to seriously consider a move to White Hart Lane over Anfield, stating London is a preferable location to live than Liverpool.

‘I certainly understand that the big clubs like Liverpool try to do everything on the last day [of the transfer window],’ he is reported to have said. ‘But this time it did not work. That is we ran into technical problems, and Liverpool failed with their bid.

‘I talked with Konoplyanka. Of course, he had regrets, but [the move to Liverpool] failed purely due to technical reasons.

‘Not criticising Liverpool but if I’m interested in a player, like they were in final days, I’d do it on or two weeks before [the window closes].

‘I’m talking with Tottenham president [Daniel Levy]. He wants Konoplyanka. We’re negotiating and we may even be close to signing a contract if Yevhen agrees.

‘If I was in Konoplyanka’s place I’d choose Tottenham. London, not Liverpool. Football is 90 minutes on the field, maybe two matches per week, but the rest of a footballer’s time should be living somewhere nice. London city life is preferable to Liverpool.

‘Negotiations with the Tottenham are on an entirely different level [to Liverpool’s] approach. Overall it’s all grown-up with an understanding of the interests of the player and the club

‘Two different worlds, two different lifestyles, although one country and one Premier League.’
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ethanr » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:45 am

If Kono chose a club over the fact he'd get to live in London rather than Liverpool, then we wouldn't want him. If your a top player, you want to play at a top club.  According to this guy, there's no reason to ever leave a club in Greece or a smaller club in Italy to come play for the likes of Liverpool or either Manchester club. Hell yeah I'd rather live in Greece than Liverpool, I think most probably would. Players come to play football. That's their number 1 priority, and although living situation is a factor, it's hardly got any weight for a footballer with his decision on where to play.

I'm wondering if we will still be in for him in the summer tho. I mean if we finish top 4, we may slightly change the calibre of players we're after. If we pulled off a league title, the calibre of players that wants to play for us would be much higher as well, so I'm not sure we'd still be very interested.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Boocity » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:54 am

ethanr » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:45 am wrote:If Kono chose a club over the fact he'd get to live in London rather than Liverpool, then we wouldn't want him. If your a top player, you want to play at a top club.  According to this guy, there's no reason to ever leave a club in Greece or a smaller club in Italy to come play for the likes of Liverpool or either Manchester club. Hell yeah I'd rather live in Greece than Liverpool, I think most probably would. Players come to play football. That's their number 1 priority, and although living situation is a factor, it's hardly got any weight for a footballer with his decision on where to play.

I'm wondering if we will still be in for him in the summer tho. I mean if we finish top 4, we may slightly change the calibre of players we're after. If we pulled off a league title, the calibre of players that wants to play for us would be much higher as well, so I'm not sure we'd still be very interested.

I agree we have probably cooled on him as there will be bigger fish to choose from, levy is doing his normal transfer policy, buying who we look at or who's hot in the gossip columns and on twitter. He will probably end up with another 8 midfielders who can't get into the Spurs 1st team next year :laugh:
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:41 pm

If Spurs don't have European football next year they will lose a lot of money similar to Leeds.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:58 pm

We are already struggling to fit Sterling, Coutinho, Sturridge and King Luis into our team as it is, and another potential superstar in Ibe will be knocking on the managers door for a place next season too, he's not unlike Konoplyanka in style so we could be literally wasting money on the Ukrainian.
I'd rather we spent big, big money on bringing a couple of young marquee midfielders in, break the bank bringing the likes of Pogba and Draxler in, something along those lines.
No f##king about with squad players get the chequebook out and cement our place at the top table, Gerrard isn't going to last forever an opportunity like this where our star is flying high may not come around again for a long time
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:00 pm

We don't need him. Suso will be back and Joao Carlos is looking good. Joe Allen has been showing off some great form of late as well. Hopefully we get a fullback and a 3rd choice striker. Also..we do have Assaidi, Aspas and Alberto in the team. Reckon the trio would be gone next season?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby devaney » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:09 pm

Wasn't impressed when I saw him play recently. If we qualify for the CL then I think we will let Spurs have him and sets our sights a little higher. The name Soldado comes to mind !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:23 pm

devaney » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:09 pm wrote:Wasn't impressed when I saw him play recently. If we qualify for the CL then I think we will let Spurs have him and sets our sights a little higher. The name Soldado comes to mind !!

I am right in thinking that was a joke right?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:46 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:23 pm wrote:
devaney » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:09 pm wrote:Wasn't impressed when I saw him play recently. If we qualify for the CL then I think we will let Spurs have him and sets our sights a little higher. The name Soldado comes to mind !!

I think he meant that if Spurs signed Kono, he would be similar in performance level as Soldado.  Not that we should let Spurs sign Kono and then we sign Soldado

At least I hope that's what he's thinking.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:21 pm

The Good Yank » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:46 pm wrote:

I think he meant that if Spurs signed Kono, he would be similar in performance level as Soldado.  Not that we should let Spurs sign Kono and then we sign Soldado

Yeah that's how I read it too, Devaney is saying he's another Soldado, a flop.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:02 pm

The Good Yank » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:46 pm wrote:

phew!
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill