Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby kazza » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:07 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:11 am wrote:He's already an international, here's a couple of clips of his performances against the Czech Republic and Denmark -

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rDpE-zzfFkQ

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5HVQmaFiT24

As I said he'd suit our style right down to the ground, he's got tremendous close control and vision for a player of 18, gutted United have got first option on him.
As soon as I saw him yesterday I thought who the f## k is this lad and what's he doing at a club like Cardiff (no offence meant to Cardiff fans). The ball was glued to his feet.

I too thought the same when he came on. Looked very good technically and exactly our type. He would get lost at United with their drab play and he'd get more game time than at ManUre.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:45 am

Don't think our transfer targets will change dramatically if and when we secure Champs League football
but maybe guys like Mkhtiryan that we missed out on before will actually sign.

First choices will be arriving rather than having to settle for lads further down the list and that will be
the difference for us.

Still playing it smart in the market but being more competitive when challenged by other Champs League
clubs and those looking to buy their way back in (for example United).
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:52 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:16 am wrote:Telegraph on line
Real Madrid are considering a summer bid for Glen Johnson as the Spanish giants prepare to capitalise on Liverpool’s delay in offering the defender a new contract.

Johnson is emerging as a realistic target for Real at the end of the season and Carlo Ancelotti, the manager, has been alerted to the uncertainty over the England international’s future at Anfield.

Liverpool held preliminary negotiations with Johnson over a year ago but have suspended further talks until the summer, when the 29-year-old will enter the final 12 months of his contract.

The club’s owners, Fenway Sports Group, are reluctant to pay players lucrative deals when they go beyond their 30th birthday and Johnson is unlikely to be offered significantly more than the £110,000 a week he currently earns.

Ancelotti is in the market for a new right-back, with long-term doubts over Alvaro Arbeloa, and is weighing up a £5million bid for Johnson with the offer of a new challenge in La Liga.

:Oo:

that has got to be one of the worst rumours i have ever read  :nod
seems like all you need to become a journalist these days is a wild imagination
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:02 pm

Being linked with Miralem Pjanic. Apparently, Ayre and chief scout Barry Hunter were in Rome on Tuesday evening to scout him.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:03 pm

damjan193 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:02 pm wrote:Being linked with Miralem Pjanic. Apparently, Ayre and chief scout Barry Hunter were in Rome on Tuesday evening to scout him.

He'd be a great signing.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:42 pm

damjan193 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:02 pm wrote:Being linked with Miralem Pjanic. Apparently, Ayre and chief scout Barry Hunter were in Rome on Tuesday evening to scout him.

Would be a great signing. He's technically gifted and reminds me of a young Totti, with good control, passing and dribbling skills.

Would fit in great with Stirling, Sturridge and Suarez.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:01 pm

Great player ,uniquely talented and oozes quality ,and it seems PSG are now in for him for apparently 35 million.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:34 pm

Great player I agree but I'm always reluctant to sign players from the Italian league. They'll want a lot of money so I'm not so sure. Why would we need a player like him anyway? I thought we need a midfield who's more defensively minded.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:58 pm

damjan193 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:34 pm wrote:Great player I agree but I'm always reluctant to sign players from the Italian league. They'll want a lot of money so I'm not so sure. Why would we need a player like him anyway? I thought we need a midfield who's more defensively minded.

I think Rodgers has gerrard pencilled in for that role for at least another season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:36 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:58 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:34 pm wrote:Great player I agree but I'm always reluctant to sign players from the Italian league. They'll want a lot of money so I'm not so sure. Why would we need a player like him anyway? I thought we need a midfield who's more defensively minded.

I think Rodgers has gerrard pencilled in for that role for at least another season.

If Strootman hadn't injured himself, I would have spent the money on him rather than on Pjanic. He's exactly the kind of player that we need.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:45 pm

The table-topping Reds are already eyeing elite players ahead of their likely return to the Champions League next season and Rodgers wants a top-class left-back to boost his sometimes leaky defence.

And Rodgers has set his sights on Marcelo, who has been a key first-team player at the Bernabeu since moving there from Fluminense in 2007.

The Brazil international, 25, has just over one year left on his current contract and Liverpool could test Real Madrid's resolve to keep hold of him with an offer in the summer.

Marcelo, who played as a winger earlier in his career, has amassed over 200 appearances for Real Madrid.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:57 pm

cardiff-red » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:45 pm wrote:The table-topping Reds are already eyeing elite players ahead of their likely return to the Champions League next season and Rodgers wants a top-class left-back to boost his sometimes leaky defence.

And Rodgers has set his sights on Marcelo, who has been a key first-team player at the Bernabeu since moving there from Fluminense in 2007.

The Brazil international, 25, has just over one year left on his current contract and Liverpool could test Real Madrid's resolve to keep hold of him with an offer in the summer.

Marcelo, who played as a winger earlier in his career, has amassed over 200 appearances for Real Madrid.

Yes please!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:55 pm

Apparently, Konoplyanka's agent has tweeted "En route to Liverpool".

Also, we're being linked with Micah Richards again, for a bargain price as well. Were it a few years ago I would have been happy to have him here, but I'm not so sure anymore. Maybe it would be better if we put a bit more faith in players such as Flanagan, Wisdom, McLaughlin, Kelly etc and if we're replacing Johnson we should find someone who hasn't been sidelined for the past 2 years.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:24 pm

Micah Richards at the right price and contract really, with our sports science guys he could well be good for a whole season.

He is a very good player and we have seen that the club can turn lads like him into high profile, valued footballers, and his
agent will know that.

Good mates with Sturridge and a nice lad, decent chance he will come in.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:34 pm

Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United and Tottenham are all closely monitoring the England international amid growing doubts about his Southampton future.

Lallana is contracted to the Saints until 2018 after signing a new deal last year but those close to him believe that the next window could be the right time to move to one of England's marquee clubs.
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill