Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:30 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:34 pm wrote:Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United and Tottenham are all closely monitoring the England international amid growing doubts about his Southampton future.

Lallana is contracted to the Saints until 2018 after signing a new deal last year but those close to him believe that the next window could be the right time to move to one of England's marquee clubs.

Overrated.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:22 pm

bunglemark2 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:30 pm wrote:
maypaxvobiscum » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:34 pm wrote:Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United and Tottenham are all closely monitoring the England international amid growing doubts about his Southampton future.

Lallana is contracted to the Saints until 2018 after signing a new deal last year but those close to him believe that the next window could be the right time to move to one of England's marquee clubs.

Overrated.

He's a good player but I don't think we need him, we struggle to shoehorn Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho and Sterling into the starting XI as it is and with another potential superstar in Ibe knocking on the door and maybe even Konoplyanka on his way I think we are stacked in terms of attacking talent.
I'd rather we concentrated all our efforts on strengthening the midfield and defence, those are the area's that will need bolstering if we are to be competitive in both the prem and CL next season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:08 am

Get rid of Aspas, Reina, Ngoo, Assaidi and then send Moses and Cissokho far away. We need to reduce our numbers before adding on to them. Luis Alberto is struggling to get games to begin with which is a shame as he's quality.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:32 am

Lallana is absolute quality, not sure where he would fit him but id rather have that problem than not have it, but agree with what others have said he wouldnt be on top of a our priority list
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:47 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:22 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:30 pm wrote:

Overrated.

He's a good player but I don't think we need him, we struggle to shoehorn Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho and Sterling into the starting XI as it is and with another potential superstar in Ibe knocking on the door and maybe even Konoplyanka on his way I think we are stacked in terms of attacking talent.
I'd rather we concentrated all our efforts on strengthening the midfield and defence, those are the area's that will need bolstering if we are to be competitive in both the prem and CL next season.

I think that we could use another attacking player. With CL next season and with potentially 50+ games to play, we'll need the depth. We only played about 40 this season and the players still looked tired in some of them and we didn't even have a constant starting 11 either. I wouldn't mind Lallana at all, quality player that would fit in well with us. Konoplyanka is another player. But it's either one or the other, not both, we don't need that many.

As for our defense, I actually can't see a lot of changes in that department bar maybe a new FB. Agger and Skrtel look unlikely to leave and we already have enough depth in defense so I don't think that we'll be signing a new CB. Ultimately, I think we'll start next season with a new winger, a new midfielder and a new fullback with Reina, Johnson, Assaidi, Aspas and Borini leaving the club. I have no problem with that, as long as all of our new signings are of real quality.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:27 am

For f*ck's Sake, here we go again.

Sunday Times

Man City plotting ‘huge investment’ in Suarez

MANCHESTER CITY are ready to make a “huge investment” to lure Luis Suarez from Liverpool this summer. The Uruguay international is aware of the interest from City and other leading European clubs and will decide his future at the end of the season.

Txiki Begiristain, City’s director of football, knows Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko could ask to leave the Abu Dhabi-owned club this summer and has identified Suarez as his priority for the role of main striker. He believes the release clause included in the contract the Uruguayan signed at Liverpool in December makes a transfer viable if the player chooses to move.

New contract signed but with yet another release clause in it, hopefully this time it's to do with European qualification and not how much is bid for him cause as we know City can meet any valuation we care to name.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:26 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:27 am wrote:For f*ck's Sake, here we go again.

Sunday Times

MANCHESTER CITY are ready to make a “huge investment” to lure Luis Suarez from Liverpool this summer. The Uruguay international is aware of the interest from City and other leading European clubs and will decide his future at the end of the season.

Txiki Begiristain, City’s director of football, knows Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko could ask to leave the Abu Dhabi-owned club this summer and has identified Suarez as his priority for the role of main striker. He believes the release clause included in the contract the Uruguayan signed at Liverpool in December makes a transfer viable if the player chooses to move.

New contract signed but with yet another release clause in it, hopefully this time it's to do with European qualification and not how much is bid for him cause as we know City can meet any valuation we care to name.

Yeah, add that to Rodgers suddenly saying out of the blue that in his valuation Suarez is worth £100m and it makes you wonder what's going on behind the scenes.
Whatever happens mate we'll be in a much stronger position this summer than last, we'll have CL football to attract players and maybe even a prem title too.
I'm pretty confident he won't go myself but my only worry is wages, City can offer him ridiculous wages and I'm sure if they offered to double the £200,000 a week he is currently on now then Luis would have to seriously consider it.
If they lose Aguero and Dzeko off their wage bill like that article states then City may make an offer like that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:32 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:26 pm wrote:
Yeah, add that to Rodgers suddenly saying out of the blue that in his valuation Suarez is worth £100m and it makes you wonder what's going on behind the scenes.

:( 

Surely they (FSG) wouldn't be so thick as to think next season we could repeat the kind of season we've been having this time around without Luis ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:42 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:27 am wrote:For f*ck's Sake, here we go again.

Sunday Times

Why the hell would they want to sell Aguero? They must be nuts! I wouldn't want us to sell Suarez, he's one of the world's bests and there's no value for this kind of players. But, if it absolutely has to come to that (selling him to City), I wouldn't mind Aguero plus a shitload of cash.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:23 pm

damjan193 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:42 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:27 am wrote:For f*ck's Sake, here we go again.

Sunday Times

Why the hell would they want to sell Aguero? They must be nuts! I wouldn't want us to sell Suarez, he's one of the world's bests and there's no value for this kind of players. But, if it absolutely has to come to that (selling him to City), I wouldn't mind Aguero plus a shitload of cash.

There were rumours in Spain that Madrid are about to make a huge offer for a South American striker playing in England and it isn't Suarez.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:18 pm

Ian Ayre is saying in today's echo that they expect one or two clubs to try and 'rattle our cage' this summer by trying to sign Suarez. He said that's just the price of having one of the best players in the world on our books, nothing we can do about it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:17 pm

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is ready to muscle in on Chelsea’s attempts to sign Serbian sensation Lazar Markovic.

The Benfica winger has long been a target for the Blues but the Sunday People reports that Rodgers is now on the 20-year-old’s trail as he looks to add depth to his squad with Champions League football beckoning next term.

The Portuguese giants value former Partizan Belgrade man Markovic at around £20million.

Reports in Portugal suggest Chelsea are in the driving seat for Markovic’s signature, however, if Liverpool do manage to clinch the Premier League title, their pulling power in this and other transfer tug-of-wars should increase significantly.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:18 pm

Sevilla defender Alberto Moreno is reportedly at the centre of a FIVE-club Premier League transfer war.

The 21-year-old left-back is wanted by Arsenal, Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool, according to the Daily Star.

In addition, Real Madrid are also said to be interested in Moreno, who is valued at around £30million by Sevilla.

Moreno’s destination could well be influenced by the race for Southampton and England left-back Luke Shaw’s signature.

Whichever clubs miss out on the coveted Shaw are likely to focus their attentions on Moreno, who was watched by City’s sporting director Txiki Begiristain last Thursday when Sevilla lost 1-0 in the first leg of their Europa League quarter-final.

*Personally, I would prefer the Swiss fullback Ricardo Rodriguez.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:29 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:17 pm wrote:Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is ready to muscle in on Chelsea’s attempts to sign Serbian sensation Lazar Markovic.

The Benfica winger has long been a target for the Blues but the Sunday People reports that Rodgers is now on the 20-year-old’s trail as he looks to add depth to his squad with Champions League football beckoning next term.

The Portuguese giants value former Partizan Belgrade man Markovic at around £20million.

Reports in Portugal suggest Chelsea are in the driving seat for Markovic’s signature, however, if Liverpool do manage to clinch the Premier League title, their pulling power in this and other transfer tug-of-wars should increase significantly.

I was very impressed by this lad when he played against spurs, if he's the same lad I'm thinking of (he had a mop of long-ish black hair) he'd be a great buy, he had tremendous acceleration.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:48 pm

Could we somehow sign Ivan Rakitic from Seville? Fantastic box to box midfielder. I want us to sign a DM but I wouldn't mind if we go for Rakitic instead. I used to dislike the guy in the past, always seemed like another of those kids with a bright future but never fully realizing his potential. But last season and especially this season, he's been phenomenal.

As for Markovic, I'd have him as well. Really fast and good with the ball. But 20m seem kind of too much for a 20-year-old who's had only one good season.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill