Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ethanr » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:52 pm

Not actually a rumor, but when Fulham go down this season, Hangeland will be available for next to nothing. I know he's 32, but we could probably get 2 or 3 seasons out of him as a very solid back up player. He's experienced, massive, and every time I watch the guy play I question why a bigger club hasn't came in and grabbed him.  Fulham just got beat 3-1 by Cardiff, but it would have been 10 if Hangeland wasn't playing. Wins just about everything in the air, and is pretty good on his feet, even when the opponent's at speed.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:29 pm

ethanr » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:52 pm wrote:Not actually a rumor, but when Fulham go down this season, Hangeland will be available for next to nothing. I know he's 32, but we could probably get 2 or 3 seasons out of him as a very solid back up player. He's experienced, massive, and every time I watch the guy play I question why a bigger club hasn't came in and grabbed him.  Fulham just got beat 3-1 by Cardiff, but it would have been 10 if Hangeland wasn't playing. Wins just about everything in the air, and is pretty good on his feet, even when the opponent's at speed.

I also like him but I would worry about his ability to play the ball at feet. Rodgers will demand a technically competent player when the ball is at his feet. I'm not so sure Hangeland could meet those requirements.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:57 pm

Hangeland turns like a cart horse, is prone to mistakes and is inconsistent. Good in the air yes. That's why no bigger club has signed him and nor should we.... let alone the fact he's shockingly bad on the ball and wouldn't fit our style of playing from the back.

No thanks.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:03 pm

Btw didn't mean to be as dismissive as that post reads! Just don't rate the guy that highly!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:39 pm

I thought we should have went for him as a direct replacement for big Sami when he hung his boots up but that boat has sailed IMO.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:24 am

Anybody watched this guy ?

Guardian online
Liverpool send scout to watch Red Bull Salzburg's Martin Hinteregger

Liverpool have made a check on the Red Bull Salzburg central defender Martin Hinteregger. The Merseyside club sent a scout to Klagenfurt on Wednesday night to watch the 21-year-old win his second cap for Austria in the friendly against Uruguay.

Hinteregger played the 90 minutes against the Liverpool striker Luis Suárez and he emerged with credit, even though Suárez's influence grew as the game wore on. Uruguay, who face England, Italy and Costa Rica in the World Cup group phase, were good value for the 1-1 draw.

The tall and imposing Hinteregger caught the eye with his physicality and his composure on the ball. His style appears to be tailor-made for the Premier League. Since establishing himself at Salzburg, Hinteregger has also attracted the interest of Arsenal.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:52 pm

no, but i read the article. i think its a great strategy actually, testing possible defensive signings against suarez. if they mostly keep him in check for 90 minutes then they are probably worth a punt.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:51 pm

Callum Mcmanaman of Wigan, having a really good game against City today, he looked good last season too

Wonder how much it would cost to prize him away from Dave Whelan ??

Would prefer someone like him to a Ukraine winger with no gurarantee to fit in with uk footy
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:39 pm

Problem with Mcmanaman is he's a loose f*cking cannon. I can't get that horror challenge from him out of my mind from last season when he almost ended Hadera's career, and somehow didn't even get a foul called against him.  He's had some really nasty challenges as of late, and I'm surprised he doesn't get sent off more often.  He's a pretty decent young talent tho and if he could control himself he'll probably be a hell of a player.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:47 pm

Surprised Martinez didn't take him to Everton tbh
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:29 am

andy_g » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:52 pm wrote:no, but i read the article. i think its a great strategy actually, testing possible defensive signings against suarez. if they mostly keep him in check for 90 minutes then they are probably worth a punt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S9_R-DYS8E

His goal against Shalke.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maguskwt » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:25 am

Anelka has been sacked by West Brom... I think it is a bit harsh... I don't believe he did that quenelle gesture as a racist gesture... over reaction by FA and West Brom... maybe we should sign him as a back up striker? always thought he was a class striker...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:56 am

Too old and slow
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:26 pm

Always good to have a back up. The mancs always had an experienced striker back up like Sheringham, larrson, who could come in and do.a job when main strikers get injured...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:10 pm

Too racist or Too stupid. Fck him.
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill