Rafa linked with juve

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:26 pm

Sabre wrote:I read it as an agent's message saying to the owners that he doesn't need to beg for a job as he has other options.

That's what I was thinking aswell mate.
JamCar05

Postby tubby » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:27 pm

Hope this isn't true, cheeky fecking :censored: he is under contract here!

Juventus President Jean-Claude Blanc Flies Out To Liverpool To Present Rafael Benitez With An Offer

Reports in Italy claim Blanc is in Liverpool trying to tempt Benitez...
By Salvatore Landolina
Jan 28, 2010 2:16:00 PM

Juventus president Jean-Claude Blanc is taking swift action to land Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez sooner rather than later, claims Il Corriere Dello Sport.

The report claims Blanc has changed his strategy in terms of replacing current coach Ciro Ferrara. He has flown to Liverpool in order to untangle the issues surrounding Benitez and convince him to leave Anfield with immediate effect.

Blanc will use the unease in Merseyside to help sway Benitez. Liverpool's financial woes, as well as uncertainties between the club's board and the Spaniard could help push the move in Juve's favour.

However, there are no guarantees that Blanc's enthusiasm will pay off. As a result, Juve have deployed a second plan that will see Roberto Bettega in charge of bringing a short-term replacement that will take the team forwards until the end of the season.

Alberto Zaccheroni and Claudio Gentile are the favourites for this option. Further developments are expected and an announcement could arrive by the end of Thursday night's Coppa Italia fixture.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:19 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:Win win for me, if he goes we can bring in someone better and not have to pay massive compo to get rid of him.
Apologies for throwing the scruffy fella that wears the hat in last of the summer wine's name into that last sentence  :D

Anyway, i feel a change would be good for all parties, Rafa is a good manager but he has had his time here and we are rapidly going backwards.

I hope this one is true.

Ok that's fair enough ,you want a change , but who in there right mind (who is better than rafa remember ) is going to come to Liverpool .
It's all very well wanting the manager gone ,alot of people do . You've got to be honest with yourself though and realistic and think! Who will we be able to afford ? Will they be backed up with funds ? Will we be able to pay for more backroom staff ? What top manager would want to come here and work under the conditions that the present one has to ? How long will you give him ? Will you be happy with a Roy Hodgson /sam alladyce type manager ? If you still think we will get a top manager after answering all them honestly ,then you a better man than me Gunga Din .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:32 pm

Exactly, there are far deeper problems at this club and until they are resolved (see takeover thread) then it's no point asking for other managers to come in. But to be honest given the right resources Rafa is still my no1 choice.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:25 pm

Juventus Meet Rafa Benitez's Lawyers - Spaniard To Take Over Immediately?

Rafael Benitez, Liverpool According to Sky Sport Italia, a meeting has taken place between Juventus and the legal team of Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez in Milan, with the Bianconeri pushing for a deal that will see the Spaniard take over in Turin immediately.

Reports have been rife in the press all week that tonight's Coppa Italia game against Inter will be the last on the bench for coach Ciro Ferrara, who will then move upstairs into a director role.

A whole host of names have been linked as Ferrara's successor, including Giovanni Trapattoni, Guus Hiddink, Alberto Zaccheroni and Claudio Gentile. The latter duo were believed to be the favourites, with speculation that one would take over on a short term contract until the end of the season when a big name would be appointed on a permanent basis.

One of these big names was Rafa Benitez, who had emerged over the last few days as the favourite for the permanent position.

However, Sky Sport Italia are now claiming that a meeting has taken place in Milan between Juventus and the Benitez legal team, with the Old Lady hoping to entice the Spaniard to Turin immediately.

These reports have not been confirmed officially by either club, but there have been widespread reports today that Juventus president Jean-Claude Blanc flew to England to discuss this move.

More should become clear in the coming hours, but the fact that Benitez has a contract until 2014 and Liverpool are on the verge of economic collapse may mean that the Merseysiders will be happy to release the ex-Valencia man and not have to pay him compensation.

So we are on the verge of an economical collapse aswell feckinell.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:39 pm

Rafa would surely not walk out on the club in mid season. He is man of honesty and morals. Juve want him now but he is not going anywhere, not right now anyway.

Then again if the owners can get out of paying him compensation they may try to push for him to go now and have Kenny take over in the intrim
Last edited by tubby on Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:39 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:Win win for me, if he goes we can bring in someone better and not have to pay massive compo to get rid of him.
Apologies for throwing the scruffy fella that wears the hat in last of the summer wine's name into that last sentence  :D

Anyway, i feel a change would be good for all parties, Rafa is a good manager but he has had his time here and we are rapidly going backwards.

I hope this one is true.

Ok that's fair enough ,you want a change , but who in there right mind (who is better than rafa remember ) is going to come to Liverpool .
It's all very well wanting the manager gone ,alot of people do . You've got to be honest with yourself though and realistic and think! Who will we be able to afford ? Will they be backed up with funds ? Will we be able to pay for more backroom staff ? What top manager would want to come here and work under the conditions that the present one has to ? How long will you give him ? Will you be happy with a Roy Hodgson /sam alladyce type manager ? If you still think we will get a top manager after answering all them honestly ,then you a better man than me Gunga Din .

I think its a bit disrespectful to our own club to think that nobody would want to come here.
I am sure a new man might hope for money and time to do his thing but even without it with this current squad i think a new man with new ideas would be beneficial.
Rafa has played a system all season that doesnt work when Torres isnt fit and 2 centre mids that are not good enough in posession.
We should be good enough anyway to get better results but we are not, we are imo in a rapid decline and a change is needed.
Its easy to scoff at other managers but lets be honest our own is really struggling and for someone who has a reputation for being a master tactician he is falling way short.
The last 5 games bar the last 20 minutes as spurs we have been terrible to watch. No threat whatsoever.

I see to a point where the fans like yourself are more concerned with other issues at the club, and you are right to be.
But it doesnt mean that should stick by a manager that has lost his way.

I genuinely think we would be better off with a change, before its too late.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:44 pm

bavlondon wrote:Rafa would surely not walk out on the club in mid season. He is man of honesty and morals. Juve want him now but he is not going anywhere, not right now anyway.

Then again if the owners can get out of paying him compensation they may try to push for him to go now and have Kenny take over in the intrim

Some italian fella has just posted this on RAWK

Rafael Benitez is close to becoming the new manager of Juventus.

A deal was agreed between Benitez and Jean-Claude Blanc. The only thing that keeps us the waiting is the money received from Liverpool.

Benitez demands a payment from Liverpool 6 million Euro but the English club are not happy to pay as they struggle financially with the owners and the American Gilette Hicks.

This is thought to be a small technical problem that will find a resolution without problems.

Rafael Benitez. Welcome to the Old Lady. Is the new manager. It's just a matter of hours or days
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:56 pm

I think its a bit disrespectful to our own club to think that nobody would want to come here.

I agree that Liverpool is very attractive for many top coaches.

But if Liverpool owners fail to give proper funds to that manager, that manager will struggle to bring the best men for Liverpool, and it will be difficult to get titles or reach semifinal of CL again. We'll need a wizard, not a coach if those funds don't come.

I just hope, whoever comes, that we're able to enjoy those beautiful european nights we've been witnessing those seasons, unlike the nineties.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:02 am

Well looks like youse have your wish . By the way if anyone dare say that Rafa deserted us or done a runner or anything like that ,then there feckin :censored: . THe mans been hounded out by the tw@tty media and the biggest tw@ts of the lot OUR VERY OWN FANS :veryangry  :no

Oh and by the way when Kenny is brought in how long will you give him . Will it be the scottish tw@t when we havent won anything or when he's got no transfer money . Our fans will get exactly what they deserve after this . We've had what 6 months of mediocrity .Well get used to it when Alan feckin curbishley is our manager cos tha'ts all we'll be if we're lucky , a feckin mid table mediocre side .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:20 am

Oh and by the way when Kenny is brought in how long will you give him . Will it be the scottish tw@t when we havent won anything or when he's got no transfer money . Our fans will get exactly what they deserve after this . We've had what 6 months of mediocrity .Well get used to it when Alan feckin curbishley is our manager cos tha'ts all we'll be if we're lucky , a feckin mid table mediocre side .

I'd rather keep Rafa mate.

But I think that we don't know for sure what will happen, as the owners are shít, but the club is very especial and the support aswell. You never know what will happen without Rafa, you only know that Liverpool will be supported by a great crowd no matter what. Just like Rafa never missed the support Anfield, the next manager won't miss it neither.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:31 am

I'm just shocked right now. I wonder if any of the players know right now.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:41 am

Juve are due to make an announcement tomorrow according to their website.

Presumably Ferrara being sacked.
LFC2007

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:44 am

I feel :censored: sick to my stomach, you media :censored: twa.ts. you f.ucking phonein bas.stard whoppers, i hope yous all are happy ,sad sad day for this club im telling you . An i hope yous all get what yous fecking deserve, Enter Woy Howgson.

Fecking sickened by this i am  :(  :(
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:51 am

I bet SSN will be creaming their pants at this.

Nanny do you not reckon Kenny will be placed in charge for the time being?

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill