Rafa linked with juve

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Rockthekop » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:27 pm

This would be a great opportunity for Liverpool if they decided to make a change at the end of the season. 

Juventus would have to stump up compensation for the remainder of his contract to nab him and we would be off the hook for a big pay off.

I think Rafa would have more success with his style of management in Italy or Spain tbh.
Rockthekop

Postby tubby » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:52 pm

With what he has had to put up with I am surprised he has not already left us. Nothing will happen now so it makes no sense for Rafa to say anything however come the summer things could be different especially if we get new owners. Id rather he stay though at least for another 2 years.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:59 pm

Yossi_Benaloon wrote:Sky Sports News have just had their Italian football expert on and he said that Rafa was definitely the number one choice for the Juventus board either immediately or to be installed in the summer. It could all depend on what happens between now and the end of the season. Interestingly, their other choice seems to be the Ireland manager Trappatoni - who im sure is around 80 years of age.

SSN in "talking to someone who agrees with their agenda" shocker
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Julio-0 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:03 pm

Yossi_Benaloon wrote:Sky Sports News have just had their Italian football expert on and he said that Rafa was definitely the number one choice for the Juventus board either immediately or to be installed in the summer. It could all depend on what happens between now and the end of the season. Interestingly, their other choice seems to be the Ireland manager Trappatoni - who im sure is around 80 years of age.

yes :)
Julio-0

Postby made in UK » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:27 pm

Rafael Benitez's agent insists the Liverpool boss is staying at Anfield, despite speculation linking him with a move to Serie A side Juventus.

Current manager Ciro Ferrara is under pressure because of Juve's poor form.

However, Benitez's agent Manuel Garcia Quilon said: "I have had no contact with Juventus or with any other Italian club regarding an interest on Rafa."

Benitez signed a new deal in March 2009 that could keep him at the Merseyside club until 2014.

His agent added: "There have been rumours linking Rafa to Juve, just as there have been reports linking Guus Hiddink to Juve.

"They are all media speculation and there is no truth in it. Rafa has a four-year contract with Liverpool.
"He feels he has the strength to continue with the team and he is fully focused on guiding Liverpool up the standings."

Liverpool and Juventus were knocked out of the Champions League before the winter break and lie sixth in their respective leagues.

Benitez's side are 13 points behind Premier League leaders Manchester United, while last weekend's 2-1 defeat by Roma was Juve's fifth loss in six Serie A games and left them 16 points adrift of leaders Inter Milan.

Russia coach Hiddink was linked to Juve, who have been hit by injuries this season, before the loss to Roma and it led to Ferrara hitting out at the reports.

Meanwhile, Benitez, 49, came under fire after Liverpool were knocked out of the FA Cup by Championship side Reading earlier this month.

That defeat led former Reds captain Ronnie Whelan to say the Spaniard should be replaced.

But despite his side's poor form, Benitez received the backing of Liverpool's board.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8480458.stm
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby Dinger » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:33 pm

Yossi_Benaloon wrote:Sky Sports News ......... Rafa was definitely the number one choice for the Juventus.

Well Duh! He's one of the best managers in the world, he's almost everyones number one choice, Juve, Swindon, Gateshead, my local team :D
Dinger

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:51 pm

Doesn't sound to good this , few things being said on the rattle by certain members who know stuff . Not good . Looks like our anti-friends may get there wish after all  :(  regarding that fella who's been on sky saying rafa is going to Juve . Apparently he works for sky italia and is a big LFC fan ,but is also well in with Juve . This ones got legs i think.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:28 pm

This is the last thing we needed now just after we were starting to look ok on the pitch again.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:57 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Doesn't sound to good this , few things being said on the rattle by certain members who know stuff . Not good . Looks like our anti-friends may get there wish after all  :(  regarding that fella who's been on sky saying rafa is going to Juve . Apparently he works for sky italia and is a big LFC fan ,but is also well in with Juve . This ones got legs i think.

I agree........ its in numerous papers and was also on a few radio stations.Sounds more than just a bulls'it rumour to me.

Id say he has definately been approached or will be.Whether he wants to go or not is another thing.

The owners cant force him to go unless they sack him and pay him in full so the ball is in Rafas court!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Julio-0 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:04 pm

Dinger wrote:
Yossi_Benaloon wrote:Sky Sports News ......... Rafa was definitely the number one choice for the Juventus.

Well Duh! He's one of the best managers in the world, he's almost everyones number one choice, Juve, Swindon, Gateshead, my local team :D

:D
Julio-0

Postby neil » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:36 am

rafa given the opportunity to dismiss the speculation tonight and decided against doing so. What should we make of it??

interview
Last edited by neil on Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:07 am

It suggests he recognises his position is appreciably weaker than during the better times, in which he dismissed reports linking him with moves to other clubs without hesitation.
LFC2007

Postby Dundalk » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:19 am

Benitez, when asked about the Juventus link, said: "I prefer to talk about the game. Is the speculation a distraction? I was really focused today on trying to do the right things and to try and win this game.

"Is being linked with Juventus flattering? I prefer to concentrate on the game."

:glare:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:24 am

LFC2007 wrote:It suggests he recognises his position is appreciably weaker than during the better times, in which he dismissed reports linking him with moves to other clubs without hesitation.

Maybe.

I read it as an agent's message saying to the owners that he doesn't need to beg for a job as he has other options.

In either cases, I don't like all this.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:10 pm

Win win for me, if he goes we can bring in someone better and not have to pay massive compo to get rid of him.
Apologies for throwing the scruffy fella that wears the hat in last of the summer wine's name into that last sentence  :D

Anyway, i feel a change would be good for all parties, Rafa is a good manager but he has had his time here and we are rapidly going backwards.

I hope this one is true.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill