Rafa linked with juve

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Keris » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:56 am

IF (big if) he goes, I wonder how many player/s will follow him to Turin.

Let see,
Juve will need a youngish keeper
They will also need a new striker
Maybe a central defender
???

Meh, we all want changes don't we :D :p
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:01 am

Keris wrote:IF (big if) he goes, I wonder how many player/s will follow him to Turin.

Let see,
Maybe a central defender
???

That post doesnt make sense and its certainly not funny is it?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:03 am

Keris wrote:IF (big if) he goes, I wonder how many player/s will follow him to Turin.

Let see,
Maybe a central defender
???

They will also need a few plebs off here so you may as well sign up now.  :p
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:05 am

It really is best for all parties if Rafa moves on. Anyone who is still backing him AS A MANAGER is doing so through blind loyalty. As much as there is room to admire that loyalty if you take your heart out of the equation and look at the situation purely using logic we all know his time at Liverpool is coming to an end whether it is now or at the end of the season.

Rafa’s management style will get results in Italy. He is a good coach and a good tactician, but he has too many failings as a manager. I will be really happy for him if he gets a move to Juventus and think he will be a hit there. If they want him now they will probably end up paying us a fee so that can go towards paying him off. I also don’t think the Liverpool board are stupid enough to give a manager a 5 year contract without having some sort of clause in there stating that in the event of Rafa leaving/being sacked he won’t get his full contract paid out.

I think the best solution at the minute is an interim manager until the end of the season. The ownership is up in the air at the moment, the board members might change due to investors, and there is a possibility that Hicks and Gillette will not be involved with the club at all by the time the summer comes along. If we do have new owners they may want to bring their own man in so it doesn’t make sense to bring anyone in on a long term contract.

Dalglish would be the easy option as he is already at the club but I wouldn’t be confident with him in charge. He has been out of management for far too long and the game has just changed too much. Listening to him when he does his work as a pundit he sounds out of touch and has made some cringe worthy comments about foreign players in “our game”.

For me Guus Hiddink is the outstanding choice right now. He is free for the rest of the season, looking for work, has current experience of top level management both internationally and in the premiership, and has a history of success.

Sticking with Rafa for the rest of the season is just too big a gamble. If we don’t finish in the top 4 this season we will struggle to get back in there over the next 5 years as we simply don’t have the infrastructure to compete at the top level.

We have been in a consistent slump for 6 months. 6 months isn’t a blip, it’s a deep rooted problem. Like I said in another thread, just for one minute forget about the owners, forget about the debt, forget about the injuries…….the bottom line is that Rafa has been a resounding failure as a football coach this season. If we go back and look at each team sheet and compare it to the opposition we have under performed. Results have been below par and the performances have been consistently disgraceful.

If the rumours are true I hope it is announced tomorrow and Rafa remains in charge for the Bolton game. Say what you like about him but he deserves a real send off for the memories he has given us. No one will ever forget Istanbul and we have beaten almost all of the top sides in Europe in the last 5 years. He put us back on the map in world football.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:08 am

bavlondon wrote:I bet SSN will be creaming their pants at this.

Nanny do you not reckon Kenny will be placed in charge for the time being?

Do you know what Bav im to fuc.king upset at the mo to even think mate, To think that our fecking manager could be driiven out by a media campaign an whopper  fans who have never been to a fecking game in the lives absolutly sickens me, Is this what we have become when we turn on one of our own ffs, it stinks to fecking high heavan . its fecking shameful an i want no part of it, im disgusted to actualy see the man who has given me loads of the greatest nights of my life being treated like this, Dont worry Rafa lad i wont forget ISTANBUL, BARCELONA , MADRID, MANCS AND MANY MORE OCCASIONS WHY BECAUSE I WAS THERE WITH YOU MATE
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:09 am

Cool Hand Luke wrote:It really is best for all parties if Rafa moves on. Anyone who is still backing him AS A MANAGER is doing so through blind loyalty. As much as there is room to admire that loyalty if you take your heart out of the equation and look at the situation purely using logic we all know his time at Liverpool is coming to an end whether it is now or at the end of the season.

Rafa’s management style will get results in Italy. He is a good coach and a good tactician, but he has too many failings as a manager. I will be really happy for him if he gets a move to Juventus and think he will be a hit there. If they want him now they will probably end up paying us a fee so that can go towards paying him off. I also don’t think the Liverpool board are stupid enough to give a manager a 5 year contract without having some sort of clause in there stating that in the event of Rafa leaving/being sacked he won’t get his full contract paid out.

I think the best solution at the minute is an interim manager until the end of the season. The ownership is up in the air at the moment, the board members might change due to investors, and there is a possibility that Hicks and Gillette will not be involved with the club at all by the time the summer comes along. If we do have new owners they may want to bring their own man in so it doesn’t make sense to bring anyone in on a long term contract.

Dalglish would be the easy option as he is already at the club but I wouldn’t be confident with him in charge. He has been out of management for far too long and the game has just changed too much. Listening to him when he does his work as a pundit he sounds out of touch and has made some cringe worthy comments about foreign players in “our game”.

For me Guus Hiddink is the outstanding choice right now. He is free for the rest of the season, looking for work, has current experience of top level management both internationally and in the premiership, and has a history of success.

Sticking with Rafa for the rest of the season is just too big a gamble. If we don’t finish in the top 4 this season we will struggle to get back in there over the next 5 years as we simply don’t have the infrastructure to compete at the top level.

We have been in a consistent slump for 6 months. 6 months isn’t a blip, it’s a deep rooted problem. Like I said in another thread, just for one minute forget about the owners, forget about the debt, forget about the injuries…….the bottom line is that Rafa has been a resounding failure as a football coach this season. If we go back and look at each team sheet and compare it to the opposition we have under performed. Results have been below par and the performances have been consistently disgraceful.

If the rumours are true I hope it is announced tomorrow and Rafa remains in charge for the Bolton game. Say what you like about him but he deserves a real send off for the memories he has given us. No one will ever forget Istanbul and we have beaten almost all of the top sides in Europe in the last 5 years. He put us back on the map in world football.

Some good points there Luke and I can't really argue with most of them but I think people who support him still do so not out of blind loyalty but rather they understand what he has had to put up with by the owners. The Klinsman thing then Barry ect... By all accounts he could have left ages ago but he stuck it out for the fans.

Someone on RAWK was saying he is haggling over 6MIl he wants but as you say Juve will have to pay us right?

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:13 am

NANNY RED wrote:
bavlondon wrote:I bet SSN will be creaming their pants at this.

Nanny do you not reckon Kenny will be placed in charge for the time being?

Do you know what Bav im to fuc.king upset at the mo to even think mate, To think that our fecking manager could be driiven out by a media campaign an whopper  fans who have never been to a fecking game in the lives absolutly sickens me, Is this what we have become when we turn on one of our own ffs, it stinks to fecking high heavan . its fecking shameful an i want no part of it, im disgusted to actualy see the man who has given me loads of the greatest nights of my life being treated like this, Dont worry Rafa lad i wont forget ISTANBUL, BARCELONA , MADRID, MANCS AND MANY MORE OCCASIONS WHY BECAUSE I WAS THERE WITH YOU MATE

It's not looking good is it, still nothing is final until we hear it from the club so let's see what happens. This could just be Juve stirring things up trying to force some actions on our behalf (when I say our I mean the shyster owners).

I have a great signed picture of Rafa and Stevie lifting the European Cup in Istanbul. Going to get it mounted this week I think. Fantastic memories that I will never forget.

I feel sorry for the way he has been treated. He has always been committed to the club from day 1 but you can only take so much. I know it sounds selfish to even be thinking this way but if he does go I hope he doesn't come back for any players.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:16 am

Luke in your posts mate you have never once direpected the manager and i admire that from you , you have put your points over fairly and gave an honest opinion of why you think he should go, i am angry mate with all this media sh.ite and idiot fans who no nothing about this club, these are the ones who will have driven him out if he goes ,and it disgusts me,
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:22 am

bavlondon wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:It really is best for all parties if Rafa moves on. Anyone who is still backing him AS A MANAGER is doing so through blind loyalty. As much as there is room to admire that loyalty if you take your heart out of the equation and look at the situation purely using logic we all know his time at Liverpool is coming to an end whether it is now or at the end of the season.

Some good points there Luke and I can't really argue with most of them but I think people who support him still do so not out of blind loyalty but rather they understand what he has had to put up with by the owners. The Klinsman thing then Barry ect... By all accounts he could have left ages ago but he stuck it out for the fans.

Someone on RAWK was saying he is haggling over 6MIl he wants but as you say Juve will have to pay us right?

That was sort of my point Bav. People are backing him because they hate the owners, the Klinsmann thing, Barry etc. The people who are still backing him are not looking at his resounding failure as a football coach this season. Look at the players he has had available too him (even after accounting for the injuries) and look as the players available to the teams that have beaten and held us this season, the bottom line is that he has failed big time this season. Not just for a couple of weeks, for 6 months. My guess is that if Moores and Parry were still in charge people wouldn’t be so strong in their defence of Rafa.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:27 am

NANNY RED wrote:Luke in your posts mate you have never once direpected the manager and i admire that from you , you have put your points over fairly and gave an honest opinion of why you think he should go, i am angry mate with all this media sh.ite and idiot fans who no nothing about this club, these are the ones who will have driven him out if he goes ,and it disgusts me,

I think some of the comments directed Rafa’s way this season have been disgraceful but they wont bother him too much. People have short memories and it wasn’t that long ago we were getting knocked out of the UEFA Cup by second rate teams from second rate leagues. He worked hard for us and bought us some truly magical moments.

But the truth is Rafa being in charge for the foreseeable future is not best for the club, and the club is far bigger than one man.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:51 am

From the Juve official

Blanc: «We will soon decide»
A few words and an appointment for tomorrow morning: Jean-Claude Blanc spoke of the team’s situation after the defeat against Inter and the elimination from the Coppa Italia in this manner: «Unfortunately we missed out on another of the season’s objectives. The situation is difficult and for this reason we are sad, but we have been conscious of this for a number of weeks. Tomorrow we will make known our decisions».
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby made in UK » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:32 am

Igor Zidane wrote:Well looks like youse have your wish . By the way if anyone dare say that Rafa deserted us or done a runner or anything like that ,then there feckin :censored: . THe mans been hounded out by the tw@tty media and the biggest tw@ts of the lot OUR VERY OWN FANS :veryangry  :no

Oh and by the way when Kenny is brought in how long will you give him . Will it be the scottish tw@t when we havent won anything or when he's got no transfer money . Our fans will get exactly what they deserve after this . We've had what 6 months of mediocrity .Well get used to it when Alan feckin curbishley is our manager cos tha'ts all we'll be if we're lucky , a feckin mid table mediocre side .

SHABITE!!
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:24 am

Cool Hand Luke wrote:That was sort of my point Bav. People are backing him because they hate the owners, the Klinsmann thing, Barry etc. The people who are still backing him are not looking at his resounding failure as a football coach this season.

The two relationships are interwoven but I genuinely believe Nanny, Igor and others when they say they have faith in the manager's ability to turn it round. If it were 'blind loyalty', why (among other bases) would they stress his past achievements and those of last season in particular? Because they rate the guy.
LFC2007

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:41 am

I am just tired of it all and want the club to be a football club again Im fed up talking about finances that I have no clue about, Im tired of us being in the media every day for all the wrong reasons.

I love Rafa as our manager, and I also think he is tired and has had enough of all the sh!te aswell.

Something happened in the summer thats has seriously effected the season, I don't know what it is, we will have to wait for Rafa's book to come out to find out.

And should he leave at the end of the season then I hope twit & tw@t leave with him so we can get back to being a football club again and do what we do best win trophys.

Wipe the slate clean and start again.

These blogs from Balague are very worrying if its true, we are only short of 2-3 players with some class we do not need a squad overhaul for these Rafa's methods to succeed, we need to be playing exciting attacking pass & move football.
I dont want an ever revolving door of players at the club it would just be going around in circles.

Perhaps it is time for someone high up at Liverpool to declare what their realistic ambitions are. The manager can only hint at them, by conceding he may be powerless to keep hold of Torres or Gerrard for example. Unfortunately, such a reality check can also backfire and could be perceived as defeatism in the dressing room. But when a strong first XI fails to perform, as they did against Reading, you also have to wonder if there are players who are no longer playing for their coach. And if that is the case, one has to ask why?

Many are blaming Benitez’ personality for the team’s demise and I have always had the impression that for his methods to succeed he must constantly recycle new blood through the squad, even replacing key players with new ones eager to respond to him. A key Liverpool midfielder was once told he was not in the line up an hour before the game and also that he needed to beef up in the gym; he reacted with disbelief and despair. Is a cumulative effect at such a lack of diplomacy behind the team’s gradual failure to respond?

If so, then the board must decide: either back the manager and allow him to take drastic action, no matter how big the name it impacts upon; or deny Rafa the transfer funds and save them for his successor in the summer. I wonder if we are already witnessing the latter.

http://www.guillembalague.com/blog_desp.php?titulo=Liverpool Must Face Up To Reality&id=394

At the moment the aim is to sell approximately 5-6 players and to bring in half a dozen new faces.

As I was saying here on the website last week, Rafa`s management style requires an injection of fresh blood to maintain forward momentum and the strategy this summer will be focused upon shaking things up by bringing in new faces on the playing side to re-invigorate the dressing room.

http://www.guillembalague.com/rumores_desp.php?id=260&titulo=On Benitez and Juventus
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:24 am

There's a lot of smoke about but that's about it at the moment.

Let's wait a bit before we wave Rafa off to Italy. Juventus haven't even sacked their current manager yet.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill