Carlton cole

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby lakes10 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:27 am

carlton cole set to meet Liverpool.
Carlton Cole is the latest striker to be linked with a move to Liverpool, after Tottenham's asking price for Peter Crouch proved to be out of the Reds' price range.

According to the Daily Mail, Tottenham quoted £15million for Crouch and so Roy Hodgson has turned his attention to West Ham hitman Cole, who has previously been linked with a move to Anfield.

26-year-old Cole impressed for West Ham last term in what was a difficult season for the Hammers, scoring ten goals and making an all-round contribution to the side.

Although Hammers' boss Avram Grant has stated that he wants to keep Cole, West Ham chiefs David Gold and David Sullivan have made it clear that they are prepared to sell any member of the squad, especially if the price is right.  The Daily Mail speculates that West Ham would want £12million for England international Cole, a price which Liverpool would only be able to afford through the sale of Javier Mascherano .

As for Cole himself, he reportedly rejected strong interest from Stoke City but would be interested in move to a club of Liverpool's stature
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:41 am

With Masher no longer going it seems , do we have the money to buy anyone now ? I have a feeling everything was resting on selling Masher to give funds to Hodgson to buy two players but if he isn't going where does the money come from ?
Benny The Noon

Postby lakes10 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:47 am

well not to cross over with the take over thread but...one of the call it seem that was made to the club to Yahya Kurdi was that if the deal was agreed money would be handed over to buy players at once.

(ok this was from Talkshit)

it would seem strange for someone to hand over money before they put their name on paper.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:44 pm

no offence but carlton cole peter crouch its hardly inspiring. We need someone with abit of pace.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby addy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:55 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:With Masher no longer going it seems , do we have the money to buy anyone now ? I have a feeling everything was resting on selling Masher to give funds to Hodgson to buy two players but if he isn't going where does the money come from ?

Is it a definite about Masch? According to what I read today it said it Inter needed to sell to buy and that once Man City sign Balotelli then they will make an offer for Masch.
addy

Postby fivecups » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:08 pm

Good player, I'd take him ahead of Crouch.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:14 pm

fivecups wrote:Good player, I'd take him ahead of Crouch.

hey fivecups, why? i dont notice him at all so im in no position to comment. what could he bring to the team that we already do not have?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:27 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:With Masher no longer going it seems , do we have the money to buy anyone now ? I have a feeling everything was resting on selling Masher to give funds to Hodgson to buy two players but if he isn't going where does the money come from ?

From what I've read today, Masch will still be on his way.  The noise from Moratti yesterday about his price being too steep for Inter is being interpreted as a bit of a bluff to get Real Madrid to up their price for Maicon (or Man City to up their price for Ballotelli).
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:29 pm

I can't see Masch staying now, once Inter sell they will be in for him.
As for Cole, would rather have him than Crouch and it's good at least we are looking at English players.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby rocky29 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:44 pm

Johnny Boy wrote:I can't see Masch staying now, once Inter sell they will be in for him.
As for Cole, would rather have him than Crouch and it's good at least we are looking at English players.

ye english players best in the world. the world cup proved that didnt it   :laugh:
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:53 pm

rocky29 wrote:
Johnny Boy wrote:I can't see Masch staying now, once Inter sell they will be in for him.

ye english players best in the world. the world cup proved that didnt it   :laugh:

What a ridiculous comment.

We need more British players - fact. If Cole fits the bill and Roy feels he will improve our squad then that's good enough for me.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:17 pm

Apparently Carlton Cole has played out of his skin on pre-season.

Wasnt he out injured last year as well?  So 10 goals maybe not so bad.. I thiink he could be the type of player that improves significantly if the players around him are better..
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby puroresu » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:37 pm

Not good enough and West Ham would want silly money as well.  £12 million for Cole is absurd.  Cole being picked for England is also absurd!!
puroresu

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:12 pm

puroresu wrote:Not good enough and West Ham would want silly money as well.  £12 million for Cole is absurd.  Cole being picked for England is also absurd!!

Do you feel the money quoted for Remy is also absurd then ? And that him being picked for France is ?
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Fauxy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:16 pm

Im actually a big fan on Carlton Cole, he has improved a hell of a lot over the years and his hold up play is excellent.

Cole being picked for England is not absurd at all. He is twice the player Heskey is. :D
Fauxy

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill