£5m for joe cole - N'castle to offer for joe cole?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby neil » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:24 am

metalhead wrote:
Greavesie wrote:I'd probably take it. He's done nothing for us and I genuinely believed he'd have a big impact at Liverpool, he hasn't. In fact, on many occasions where he has played he's been bloody awful

he never had the chance to show his worth.

we all know what a great player he is, he just needs 3 or 4 games in a row then you can see some consistency especially with the way we play.

harry kewell anyone?
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:43 am

Cole could be back in the squad to face Sparta on thursday
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:18 pm

Lee J wrote:Cole could be back in the squad to face Sparta on thursday

ya but he could not be as well  :D  :p  :D
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:22 pm

true but the Offy does say he could be :D
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloMedina28 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:12 pm

Id rip thier hand off for 5 million, Coles past it now and has been injury prone for about 4 years now plus hes on a hell of alot of wages. We have Miereles, Pacheco, Suso and Sterling coming through who in my mind are all better options. Lets stop remembering the Cole of 3-4 years ago, hes never gonna be that player again. Use the money towards a player like Hazard Turan Chamberlian Marin or Young.

Even if he recaptured his form which is a massive if, we would still only get afew years out of him IMHO wed be better selling him and getting in someone younger we can build a future around.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby Rush Job » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:07 pm

I`d take 5m for him.
He`s a player who is able to produce skill full touches and moments on the ball but will never be a team player IMO. He doesnt do the most important thing when playing wide which is put balls into the box and with Carrol thats what we need.
If we are looking to improve wide areas in the summer I dont see the point keeping him as back up for the money he`s on. Promote one of our young lads as back up and save a lot of money.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:09 pm

Rush Job wrote:I`d take 5m for him.
He`s a player who is able to produce skill full touches and moments on the ball but will never be a team player IMO. He doesnt do the most important thing when playing wide which is put balls into the box and with Carrol thats what we need.
If we are looking to improve wide areas in the summer I dont see the point keeping him as back up for the money he`s on. Promote one of our young lads as back up and save a lot of money.

I wouldn't sell him to be honest.  He's the type of player who, when fit, can add some much needed depth and quality to the team.  The type of player who when we get back into Europe we'll need.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:28 pm

He may be able to add depth, but at the salary he's receiving and how much play time he's getting, it's just not worth it. If we are only offered a few million, then keep him. If we are offered a decent amount for him tho, then I think we should cash in.  We'd actually make money on him and that would be great.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby PabloMedina28 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:38 pm

Reports of 8 million being whats needed to get James McCarthy right and lets say the 5 million for Joe Cole is correct. If we bought McCarthy hed be on probally half the wages Cole is is it would break even over afew years. So its like swapping Cole 30+ for McCarthy 20, its a no-brainer. All hypothical ofcourse but my point is we would be better off without him, understand we may not be a selling club no more (yet to be proved) but i doubt well also be given enough funds to buy 5-6 great players which is what we need either without letting most of teh deadwood go.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:41 am

Breaking news countless Piggy Backs offered  to the Toon
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:58 pm

At the end of the day,he hasn't done much for us since he came but he's Joe Cole.We can only hope and pray that he turns up for us next season and if he does,then we've got a very good player on our hands!
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:44 pm

PabloMedina28 wrote:Reports of 8 million being whats needed to get James McCarthy right and lets say the 5 million for Joe Cole is correct. If we bought McCarthy hed be on probally half the wages Cole is is it would break even over afew years. So its like swapping Cole 30+ for McCarthy 20, its a no-brainer. All hypothical ofcourse but my point is we would be better off without him, understand we may not be a selling club no more (yet to be proved) but i doubt well also be given enough funds to buy 5-6 great players which is what we need either without letting most of teh deadwood go.

Agreed
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:46 pm

shite have you been New'astle? Northumberland st, Eldon Sq an that? bag o crap man , joe cole will be at spurs next year.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:28 pm

I find it hard to believe how petty and short sighted people can be on here. If you don't cut the mustard in a short period of time, you're a goner. Noone seems to see the value of getting a team functioning properly and working in a style that suits these types of players. Look at Mereiles as an example or Lucas. Both written off until some semblance of tactic, formation and style of play starts to match how they want to play and the transformation you see.

The common thread has been Liverpool for too long. how many top players have come to us and underperformed, or lost their confidence (Torres anyone) and been reduced to shadows of their former selves? It's been us for too long and we are now showing signs of recovery. We have to be smart who we keep and give those people who have shown quality before (be it here or elsewhere) a chance to shine under the new regime. Joe won't be the player that the team of the future is built around, but in a well operating team, he can be a game changer for us...we need those players
Homebooby

Postby Greavesie » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:50 pm

neil wrote:shite have you been New'astle? Northumberland st, Eldon Sq an that? bag o crap man , joe cole will be at spurs next year.

HEY!!! I live there!  :angry:  :angry:

:D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill