Carlton cole

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby puroresu » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:21 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
puroresu wrote:Not good enough and West Ham would want silly money as well.  £12 million for Cole is absurd.  Cole being picked for England is also absurd!!

Do you feel the money quoted for Remy is also absurd then ? And that him being picked for France is ?

Yes the money Nice want is too much.  Remy deserves his french call up even when everyone is fit.  He should of went to the World cup instead of Gignac or Govou.
puroresu

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:47 pm

puroresu wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
puroresu wrote:Not good enough and West Ham would want silly money as well.  £12 million for Cole is absurd.  Cole being picked for England is also absurd!!

Do you feel the money quoted for Remy is also absurd then ? And that him being picked for France is ?

Yes the money Nice want is too much.  Remy deserves his french call up even when everyone is fit.  He should of went to the World cup instead of Gignac or Govou.

So do you think England have better players than France or are you saying that Remy is a better player than Cole ?
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby fivecups » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:45 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
fivecups wrote:Good player, I'd take him ahead of Crouch.

hey fivecups, why? i dont notice him at all so im in no position to comment. what could he bring to the team that we already do not have?

1. We need a striker. Kuyt, Ngog and Babel are not sufficient backup for our flawed genius.
2. He's English, which will help the numbers game in the long-run.
3. He's tall and strong, he can head the ball. I'm no fan of 4-4-2 but Roy is and if we play that formation against the weaker teams I think he'll develop a good relationship with Torres. Alternatively he's done well as a lone striker, particularly 2 seasons ago.
4. He also has good touch, it's not all brute strength.
5. When his confidence is high he'll score a lot of goals. He goes on runs of scoring; if we're doing well he will score.
6. He's relatively young.
7. He has PL experience.

Cons: can get injured; untested at the top level.

I  wouldn't pay a fortune but for 10-12 million I'd consider him, especially over crouch.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:39 pm

we have enough donkeys in our side babbel kuyt why pay 10 million plus for another. as ive said all along we need to swap masch with a top striker from serie A or la liga. how many goals would cole babbel and kuyt score between them in a season not even ten i bet.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:48 pm

Rocky - we can't afford a top striker from Serie A or La liga and we don't have CL football to tempt them to come as well . Time to face reality - we won't be getting a top striker . We will be getting q decent prem striker who can do a decent back up job for Torres and won't cost the earth as well . Forget your Fabianos etc - they won't be coming to Liverpool
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:54 pm

Another who would do a better job than Ngog (many would) but for me more toward the lower end of the spectrum, behind Crouch, Santa Cruz, Doyle and a few others, perhaps nearer Kenwyn Jones in my reckoning and not one I'd feel comfortable spending £10m on.
LFC2007

Postby PabloMedina28 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:48 pm

Connor Wickham
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:28 pm

fivecups wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
fivecups wrote:Good player, I'd take him ahead of Crouch.

hey fivecups, why? i dont notice him at all so im in no position to comment. what could he bring to the team that we already do not have?

1. We need a striker. Kuyt, Ngog and Babel are not sufficient backup for our flawed genius.
2. He's English, which will help the numbers game in the long-run.
3. He's tall and strong, he can head the ball. I'm no fan of 4-4-2 but Roy is and if we play that formation against the weaker teams I think he'll develop a good relationship with Torres. Alternatively he's done well as a lone striker, particularly 2 seasons ago.
4. He also has good touch, it's not all brute strength.
5. When his confidence is high he'll score a lot of goals. He goes on runs of scoring; if we're doing well he will score.
6. He's relatively young.
7. He has PL experience.

Cons: can get injured; untested at the top level.

I  wouldn't pay a fortune but for 10-12 million I'd consider him, especially over crouch.

i guess it all boils down to the lack of funds to me cause if i were to go for a British striker, i would go for Defoe.
maypaxvobiscum

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill