Huntelaar anyone? - - open to a loan move

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:32 pm

in the absence of any general transfer rumour thread, i've made a new topic to gauge opion on this story..

Link

Huntelaar ponders Milan exit

Dutchman would like loan move

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has admitted he might have to leave AC Milan to secure regular football, although he would be open to a loan move so he can still have a future with the Italian club.

The Dutch striker has struggled to make much of an impact since joining the Rossoneri from Real Madrid last summer.

He held positive talks with Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani before Christmas but first-team opportunities have still been limited.

Huntelaar is now considering his options as he has been told he will not go to the World Cup with Holland unless he is performing at club level.

The 26-year-old feels that a loan deal could be one solution to his problem but he would still like to play in a top division.

"I'm thinking of leaving," Huntelaar, who has been linked with a switch to the Premier League, told Telegraaf.

"When I spoke with officials, they comforted me and said they have faith in me. I played a little more, but I want more.

"It's important for me because, as our national team coach explained to me, to go with the national team it's important to play a lot for your club.

"I would like to stay in an important league to show I can be a player for Milan. I'd like to be loaned and then come back."

-----------------------------------------

for me i think it'd be a good move.
we need a short term striker - he needs regular football and will put in maximum effort to make the world cup squad.

he wants a loan move, we need a loan move

kuyt's here and would help him settle - also attract the dutch international coach as he can watch both...

i  would definately make enquiries...
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:34 pm

Good player, but not sure if he could play upfront on his own like Torres does, so we might have to revert back to the old 4-4-2 to get the best out of him. He would have been ideal alongside Crouch.
account deleted by request

Postby SupitsJonF » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:35 pm

I was about to make this thread :D.

I'd love to see Huntelaar here, and I think he could work in a 4-4-2 with us.
SupitsJonF

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:39 pm

Hmmmm...interesting.....not a bad option if we have no cash to buy outright.....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:42 pm

tbh i dont think kuyt or Ngog play that well on their own upfront. with our top 3 goalscorers out at the mo, I would play 4-4-2 anyway (although that's just an opinion... and is prob right for discussion elsewhere)

saying that: 4-4-2, 4-5-1, 4-2-3-1 .... whatever formation, i still think Huntelaar would stick the ball in the back of the net more than kuyt and ngog
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:44 pm

i'd have him in a flash. i just worry about the number of chances we'd be able to create for him, especially with most of our best attacking weapons out.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:52 pm

Of course i would have him, when our striking options at this moment and time are Ngog and Kuyt there are probably about 20 strikers i would be in favour of signing.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby JamCar05 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:54 pm

Would be a good shout for a cheap here-and-now solution I think, as we desperately need some more firepower upfront and he does seem to know where the goal is. Could someone send Rafa a link please :D
JamCar05

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:15 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:Of course i would have him, when our striking options at this moment and time are Ngog and Kuyt there are probably about 20 strikers i would be in favour of signing.

just 20?  :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby metalhead » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:48 pm

No, I don't think he is good enough to be honest, watched  him with Real, too overrated, if he can't hack it in Real and Milan then he can't hack it in Liverpool

but he will be a good backup striker :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:52 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:Of course i would have him, when our striking options at this moment and time are Ngog and Kuyt there are probably about 20 strikers i would be in favour of signing.

just 20?  :D

Seriously no.

But i didnt want some smart @rse asking me to name them.

I would have been typing all night  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:53 pm

:laugh:
account deleted by request

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:12 pm

there's always Google......just ask S@int or Destro :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby SupitsJonF » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:22 pm

I'd probably want around 20, but Huntelaar is pretty high up on my list. 

He was only on the pitch for like 5 minutes and scored 2 goals, the second being absolute class.

Goal 1

Class Chip
SupitsJonF

Postby Waldo » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:38 pm

Got my doubts...

Flopped in Spain and flopped in Italy but we expect him to come to England and hit the ground running??

Not a good choice IMO.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill