Huntelaar anyone? - - open to a loan move

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:46 am

Owzat wrote:
Waldo wrote:Got my doubts...

Flopped in Spain and flopped in Italy but we expect him to come to England and hit the ground running??

Not a good choice IMO.

I'm not sure 8 goals in 20 games for Real Madrid counts as a "flop", not prolific but 0.400 goals/app when 0.500 is accepted benchmark for a very good striker.

His spell in Spain was a flop at the beginning, he had a nervous start, a bit like Crouch with us, but then he improved.

Despite improving, Florentino had to bring a lot of new names in the summer and they never really counted with him, just like with almost the rest of the Dutch in the team.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:36 am

Sabre wrote:
Owzat wrote:
Waldo wrote:Got my doubts...

Flopped in Spain and flopped in Italy but we expect him to come to England and hit the ground running??

Not a good choice IMO.

I'm not sure 8 goals in 20 games for Real Madrid counts as a "flop", not prolific but 0.400 goals/app when 0.500 is accepted benchmark for a very good striker.

His spell in Spain was a flop at the beginning, he had a nervous start, a bit like Crouch with us, but then he improved.

Despite improving, Florentino had to bring a lot of new names in the summer and they never really counted with him, just like with almost the rest of the Dutch in the team.

IIRC it was like all his goals came in one big swoop. I can remember at least one occasion where he came on in a game that was already wrapped up and managed to get two against a poor side.  Don't know if he scored any important goals or not.
JoeTerp

Postby RobinHood6969 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:56 am

He scored a very good goal in the madrid derby
RobinHood6969

Postby red_guy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:04 am

I'm wary of the word 'overrated' ... the same word used frequently during our early discussions about our top striker Torres... :p
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:46 am

You can argue whether he has had more or less success in previous teams, fair enough, but what I'm 100% sure, is that Huntelaar would make our squad better, and that I wouldn't feel as devastated when Torres has to rest.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aussie Style » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:33 pm

Huntelaar about to sign on loan with Hamburger SV
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:22 pm

We have offered babel in a swap deal according to this website http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=16510
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:20 pm

Huntelaar or N'gog.... hmmmmmmmm
Fauxy

Postby JamCar05 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:15 pm

Aussie Style wrote:Huntelaar about to sign on loan with Hamburger SV

Where have you heard this? Am just asking 'cause I myself have read somewhere that another one of our supposed striker targets - RVN - is about to sign for Hamburger SV. Surely they can't be getting both ??? (I don't know if "my" story is true though and can't remember where I read it tbh, but it was quoting a german and Hamburg-based paper I believe).

Re Huntelaar I really hope we manage to get him on loan for the rest of the season.
JamCar05

Postby agoodmentality » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:25 am

If he can score like this for us then i'll be happy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etdyg4er2YY
I've watched my Heroes throught the slats at Melwood,,
I've STOOD on the KOP,,
I've cried for the 96 ,,

Don't EVER question my loyalty or support.

YNWA
agoodmentality

Postby Owzat » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:30 am

Weren't the mancs interested in him at one point? Not saying fergie is always right and never makes a mistake, but I'd trust his judgement over Rafa's more often than not.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aussie Style » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:57 am

JamCar05 wrote:Where have you heard this?

It was originally posted on French daily L’Equipe. They said his signing was imminnent, but I now suspect it was more rumour then fact.

Personally I would rather we stick with Ngog and get Turan then Huntelaar, very overated IMO.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby leep33 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:09 pm

A loan move for him would be a good deal, we can see if he will fit in and hopefully bang in the goals alongside Torres. I think this would be a win win situation especially if we could offload Babel at the same time.
leep33

Postby Johnny Boy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:39 pm

I was in Liverpool this morning and when I was in a Newsagents there was a mention of Huntelaar moving to Merseyside on the radio, but not to us to the bitters.

There is also a very short paragraph in the Daily Mail saying the same, on loan.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby JamCar05 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:03 pm

Aussie Style wrote:
JamCar05 wrote:Where have you heard this?

It was originally posted on French daily L’Equipe. They said his signing was imminnent, but I now suspect it was more rumour then fact.

Personally I would rather we stick with Ngog and get Turan then Huntelaar, very overated IMO.

It would seem so, as Hamburger SV have infact signed RVN now.

Haven't seen much of Turan myself so can't really comment on that part. I'd be willing to give Huntelaar the chance on loan though (I think what little cash we may have is better spent in the summer tbh).
JamCar05

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill