Huntelaar anyone? - - open to a loan move

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:44 am

I’ve never seen him play but I’ve heard he is an out and out centre forward and can play upfront on his own so he might be good cover for Torres for the rest of the season.

He has an excellent record for Ajax (76 goals in 92 appearances) and Holland (14 goals in 29 appearances). People say he was a flop at Real Madrid but he actually scored 8 goals in 20 games (13 starts and 7 sub appearances) so his record for them isn’t that bad. Maybe he just didn’t fit in with their revisited galacticos policy so they shifted him out. He has mainly been coming off the bench for AC Milan so it’s a bit harsh to say he has failed in Italy.

If he is available on loan until the end of the season he is definitely worth a closer look.
Last edited by Cool Hand Luke on Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby made in UK » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:55 am

Ben Patrick wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:Of course i would have him, when our striking options at this moment and time are Ngog and Kuyt there are probably about 20 strikers i would be in favour of signing.

just 20?  :D

Seriously no.

But i didnt want some smart @rse asking me to name them.

I would have been typing all night  :D

:laugh:
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:00 pm

I would love to see Huntelaar come to Liverpool as he has looked an amazing striker in his day, but has struggled since he left Ajax to play in both Spain and Italy but i believe we could see the best of him if we brought him over on loan. It does seem like the Premier League is his preferred destination but the likes of Spurs, Arsenal and Manchester United are also linked with the Dutch striker. I hope Rafa can move quick and try to get this lad signed, he could be exactly what we need.
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby Dutchsky » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:21 am

Wouldn't go for Huntelaar. He is an overrated player - has failed to convince at big clubs like Milan and Madrid.
He is a very static player and slow handeling speed.

He is at risk being left out for Holland's wc'10 squad. Due to his failure to play and convince.
Most strikers, if they don't score they have some other talent for the squad. Huntelaar has not.
Dutchsky

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:58 am

He looks a class player and most certainly more of a Liverpool-style footballer than the latest name we are linked to, which is 6ft 8inch Valencia striker Nikola Zigic. It seems like Benitez certainly wants a big man up front, with names such as Jones and Zigic linked.
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby Dutchsky » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:49 pm

If I was Benitez, I would go for a worldclass young talented player upfront, not a player who has been around for a few years.

By the way, not for striker position, De Guzman (Feyenoord) is to be  picked up for almost free (end of contract). He is a very strong talented and creative player.
He is an attacking midfielder.
Dutchsky

Postby Rimetto_ » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:53 pm

Someone on the skysports site has just posted this

John Doyle (Liverpool) says...
huntelear medical for liverpool tomorrow. loan deal with option to buy at end of season. work in hotel that also put up maxi for his medical. both booked by liverpool

i'd be happy to see him come to the club on loan as cover for Torres with an option to buy if he proves himself.
Rimetto_

Postby Waldo » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:12 pm

Rimetto_ wrote:Someone on the skysports site has just posted this

John Doyle (Liverpool) says...
huntelear medical for liverpool tomorrow. loan deal with option to buy at end of season. work in hotel that also put up maxi for his medical. both booked by liverpool

i'd be happy to see him come to the club on loan as cover for Torres with an option to buy if he proves himself.

Hmmmmm  ???

If it's between Huntelaar and Kenwyne Jones then I would go for Huntelaar, although I have my doubts about him being able to perform in the EPL!!
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:54 pm

Would have him anytime... a class centre forward who definitely knows how to put the ball in the back of the net. I think that his game would be more appropriate for the EPL than Italy or Spain and there is a very likely hood that he will be success in England. It is not very fair to say that he flopped in Real and Milan because he has seen his playing time limited.

Those of you who are saying he's not good enough what do you guys want Kenwyne Jones instead?  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:59 pm

Dutchsky wrote:If I was Benitez, I would go for a worldclass young talented player upfront, not a player who has been around for a few years.?

Now who would that be Mr Dutchsky and how much would he cost?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:06 pm

A loan deal is the way to go.

Gives us options in case they're sh!t.
LFC2007

Postby metalhead » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:06 pm

LFC2007 wrote:A loan deal is the way to go.

Gives us options in case they're sh!t.

:nod
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:11 pm

Does this look like happening???

I like a lot that player
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:52 am

Waldo wrote:Got my doubts...

Flopped in Spain and flopped in Italy but we expect him to come to England and hit the ground running??

Not a good choice IMO.

I'm not sure 8 goals in 20 games for Real Madrid counts as a "flop", not prolific but 0.400 goals/app when 0.500 is accepted benchmark for a very good striker.

His 3 goals in 10 league apps for Milan isn't great, rather similar strike-rate to Keane who scored 5 in 19 league apps for us. So if some believe Keane wasn't given a fair crack of the whip, what does that say about Huntelaar at Milan?!?! Talking of Robbie Keane, he only made six league apps for Inter, didn't score, but does 3 goals in 14 apps overall for the Italians mean he couldn't possibly ever have succeeded in England?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:54 am

maguskwt wrote:
Dutchsky wrote:If I was Benitez, I would go for a worldclass young talented player upfront, not a player who has been around for a few years.?

Now who would that be Mr Dutchsky and how much would he cost?

Someone like N'Gog at £1.5m or someone like Messi perhaps at something like 50-100 times that.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill