Diego forlan to liverpool - Agent plays down talks

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Red @ Heart » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:40 am

Would we even want him....

dont know if this has been posted on this site yet, but id thought id post it.

Diego Forlan's agent has played down talk linking the player with a possible move to Liverpool.

Reports over the weekend suggested Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez was considering bringing the former Manchester United man back to England.

It has been suggested that Benitez has turned to Forlan after being priced out of moves for top targets such as Samuel Eto'o and Carlos Tevez.

Forlan has recaptured his best form at Villarreal after arriving in the summer of 2004 following a difficult two-and-a-half-year spell at Old Trafford.

The Uruguayan, who has three years to run on his contract at Villarreal, is believed to be keen on a move back to England.

Forlan's agent Daniel Bolotnicoff says he has not had any offers from Liverpool and that Forlan's future depends on Villarreal.

"There has not been any offer from Liverpool and it's very difficult to talk about what might happen when there isn't an offer there, but things can change every day," Bolotnicoff told The Times.

"If he received a very good offer then he will think about it, but it will also depend on whether Villarreal are happy."

Liverpool have also been linked with a move for Real Zaragoza's Diego Milito after they reportedly had the Argentine player watched during last weekend's game with Real Madrid

source:
http://home.skysports.com/list.as....l_home&
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby Red @ Heart » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:45 am

:blush:   i noticed after reading another post that this story is actually in the forums some where, sorry to post this but im slow after this weekend and javent had a chance to read properly, so mods if you wish you can delete or move this thread  :blush:   :Oo:   :lookaround   :talktothehand
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby mistyred » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:49 am

Forlan ??? NO way, Transvestite looking thing that played for the scum, not in this lifetime or the bloody next.

I am sure that somebody can think of strikers other than him after all every football team in the world has atleast two, Gordon Bennett what are thay putting in the water at the club.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:57 am

I think sinama and Cisse are better than him ....
LiverpoolMadman

Postby tommycockles » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:59 am

the concerning thing about htis article is "It has been suggested that Benitez has turned to Forlan after being priced out of moves for top targets such as Samuel Eto'o and Carlos Tevez." I can understand Eto'o costing a fair amount but surely Tevez should be within our reach? I thought he was available for £20-25m which if we can't afford then where is all this money we were promised?
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby Simari » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:07 am

tommycockles wrote:the concerning thing about htis article is "It has been suggested that Benitez has turned to Forlan after being priced out of moves for top targets such as Samuel Eto'o and Carlos Tevez." I can understand Eto'o costing a fair amount but surely Tevez should be within our reach? I thought he was available for £20-25m which if we can't afford then where is all this money we were promised?

As LFC2007 rightly corrected me, his buy-out clause is £40m. MSI will not sell him for £25m, as it doesn't make financial sense for them to do so.

Unless ofcourse, LFC can engineer a loan deal with MSI for Tevez also.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:19 am

As much as I search info in the Spanish press about Forlan's situation, nobody is considering even a move of the player as we speak.

Last week's news about him were concerning his fight with another team mate in a training session.

Today the press talks about he's leaving to play the COpa America. It seems there won't be signing ups for now, because it's not very usual to sign deals WHILE you're playing the America Cup, or the World Cup.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ydde » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:30 am

It seems that the rumor came from Bascombe from the Echo.  I'm not sure, but does Bascombe usually get it right?
Ydde

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:01 am

I actually think he is a very good player, far better than he showed at united.

If it was as a third or fourth option and it wasnt silly money then i'd be interested.
Obviously not at 16 million and as our supposed big name striker signing though  :no

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:24 am

Ydde wrote:It seems that the rumor came from Bascombe from the Echo.  I'm not sure, but does Bascombe usually get it right?

Bascombe is usually better than your usual tabloid journo cos he's based in Liverpool and has good contact with the club I believe. However that doesn't mean he won't get the odd one wrong and in this case I've been hoping he's been wide of the mark and thank fook it seems to be the case.

On the other link in the same article (Diego Milito) I wouldn't mind seeing him signed as he does look a very good player. However I think that Zaragoza have first option on him as he's only on loan to them currently and they are supposed to have agreed a fee with the club that owns him.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ydde » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:53 am

Right, here's hoping he get this wrong which seems to be the case.

Forlan look very good while he's in Spain. But my enduring image of him is that of a striker who just couldn't score.
Ydde

Postby Forever_Red » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:10 pm

I hope this guy isn't our big name striker, he proved with the Scum he cannot cut it over here and even if he has got better it's stiill a big risk to pay £16m for him

I'm hoping for a lot better that Forlan
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby jedwards » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:18 pm

:angry:
I really doubt the new LFC owner’s promise that they will spend big money in order to bring the best top players to LFC, that is way the manager is opted to go for second option of buying and bringing more average players to join our pool of very average players that are existing in our squad, I think LFC will have a very promising next season !!!!!! God helps us.

I believe the new owners are here to make money out of LFC, and they are not in interest of club!!.

Thank you.
jedwards

Postby jedwards » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:19 pm

:angry:
I really doubt the new LFC owner’s promise that they will spend big money in order to bring the best top players to LFC, that is whythe manager is opted to go for second option of buying and bringing more average players to join our pool of very average players that are existing in our squad, I think LFC will have a very promising next season !!!!!! God helps us.

I believe the new owners are here to make money out of LFC, and they are not in interest of club!!.

Thank you.
jedwards

Postby Pedro Maradona » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:02 pm

good god.......more of the same rubbish like last year..........wheres the big name signings, a tevez or an eto please, not a forlan, this is like man utd buying igor biscan...... rafa must be peeved if thats all he can bring to the club....
Pedro Maradona

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill