Diego milito - Tracking

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Sabre » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:00 pm

Well, I think it's worth to have a rumour mill thread about this player as Scottbot says he has read in the Beeb that we've started to talk with him.

The Barcelona press says that Arsenal are interested on Milito too, and he'd be the main target in case Henry leaves.

So they would be our main contenders in case we try to sign him up. Spanish pundits think that the deal to get Milito can be done easily for 30M Euros, that's about 22M pounds I think.

I think that if we were not the only ones wanting him the deal would be even cheaper, but I think that we would have competition so that price would me logical to me.

He'd be a quality option, maybe not as quick and athlete as Eto'o but I think he's more clever and better finnisher. Both are great strikers, and Eto'o is more expensive, because he plays for Barcelona, but I'd be happy with any of them.

The new owners must beat the likes of Arsenal in a negotiation. Because the player would preffer Liverpool rather than Arsenal no matter what he considers: Adaptation, history, Squad... Liverpool is better in any sense conceivable than Arsenal.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:12 pm

Interesting.

I've only seen the youtube clips that Scottbot posted up, like he said anyone can be made to look good on a highlight real. But thats all I've seen of him, and definately looks like a 'Poacher'. Cant say for sure as I dont know him, but he looks the kind of striker we need.

But this story has been leaked so surely it cant be true :;):

As for the Arsenal competition, it would be stiff. Arsenal have their fair share of History, they too have a squad which could help him adapt, maybe not as much as Liverpool could help but still. Its hard to speak on behalf of players saying Liverpool is better than Arsenal, for me its not as quite as clean cut as that. Arsenals pulling power would ultimately be the capital, alot of foregners like that about London clubs.
But I'd suspect we'd have the money to outbid them, and that they'd only be serious contenders if Henry left.
66-1112520797

Postby Scottbot » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:26 pm

The BEEB say the rumour has featured in 'various' newspapers which usually means at least three of them HOWEVER, there is no mention of it on NEWSNOW (the home of all bull.s.h.i.t!) and i can't find the rumour on the sunday mirror, mail or people websites so we'll have to see.

Does look like the sort of player we need though. Someone who will play high up the pitch, take every opportunity to get in the box, attack the ball and pinch goals.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:50 pm

I would imagine Milito is a player we would be looking for.

The Spanish link is obvious but this player is at the right age and above all is a goal machine.

Given the other alternatives Milito appears to tick all the right boxes for Liverpool.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby destro » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:57 pm

He looks ok in the clip on the other thread, he looks like Berbatov  in his movement, but more of a poacher. How tall is he because although he looks quite gangly ( love that word :D ) he covers the ground quickly for a big guy. How old is he  ?

Are we still interested in his brother, any chance of getting them both Sabre ?
destro

Postby Sabre » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:14 pm

Are we still interested in his brother, any chance of getting them both Sabre ?

No player that is in a lower club than Barcelona or Madrid, and I mean no one, would hesitate to come here. Liverpool has a lot of name around here, and, and this is a big and, the wages being paid in the premiership this days are higher than in the liga.

So it's up to the owners to outbid our competitors... I can assure you there are not real competitors in Spain, since the ones that can compete, have focused in other players, and the others cannot outbid us, theoretically.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kobashi » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:31 pm

I thought Zaragoza had 1st option on him?  I pretty sure last week during the real madrid vs Zaragoza the commentary team said Zaragoza and Genoa had agreed a fee.
kobashi

Postby Sabre » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:02 pm

Yes I read it here too. Not that I knew anything about that so I didn't answer

http://www.aupazaragoza.com/foro/viewtopic.php?t=38981

But in this thread they're discussing their concern about losing Milito, and one of their fans say that it was a big mistake to put him a release clause of 25Millions, so since I haven't read anything in the press about Genoa still owning the player, and reading that, I can only assume it's available for sell.

2 years ago, 25 Million Euros (17M pounds) was a lot of money in Spain, because there was not that much money in Spanish football, and Milito wasn't as known as that.

But... if it's true that the release cluase is 25M, we shouldn't hesitate. 17M pounds is something we should pay without hesitation for him.

The poster with the thank you Liverpool (probably because the Barcelona elimination) says that selling him for less than 25 would be a sacrilege, so as you can see, they're quite used to lose their best players once they make a name in the liga.

P.S. Zaragoza was the club that bought Villa for 2.5 Million Euros, and sold Villa for 12M Euro. They just have sold GABY Milito to Juve for 20M Euro, being his release clause of 30M Euro, but apprently it was a demand of the player in the contract or something. They are an easy target, and they have quality. (Plus, they need to come back to reality :laugh:)
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:34 pm

You know what? I'm beginning to hope we sign this lad. I was always under the impression he was one-footed, but having seen a couple of goal compilations, it appears I may have been a little hasty in that assessment.

A goal every 1.8 games at Genoa, Zaragoza, and for Argentina.

I'll have some of that.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:44 pm

Having said that, it's only reported on the BBC gossip column, so I won't hold my breath. :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:01 pm

I've been aware of Milito for a while now but not really seen much of him due to $ky's love affair with Real Madrid and all things Beckham. However when I have seen him he's always looked very good and especially against Madrid last week. His composure in front of goal looked very good and his ball control was impressive and he doesn't look to favour left or right, just uses whichever will get the ball in the net.

The talk of £17m does seem a little excessive for him but then again I am a bit wary of paying too much for strikers from Spain after Morientes. However being Argentinian and us already having a couple in the ranks not to mention the Spaniards may help him settle quickly.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:15 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:You know what? I'm beginning to hope we sign this lad. I was always under the impression he was one-footed, but having seen a couple of goal compilations, it appears I may have been a little hasty in that assessment.

A goal every 1.8 games at Genoa, Zaragoza, and for Argentina.

I'll have some of that.

Y3ap same here....the one footed thing reminded me of *kuyt* and after seeing the goal compilation i think he's the player we need a "real goal poacher"  he looks very similar to nistleroy , and  will be a great addition to the club.

Great heading ability tooo.... Damn i hope we'll sign him

i'll bet a 20 goals on his first season here which must include simao to assit him
Elchris

Postby redtrader74 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:22 pm

He seems a very good player and proven goalscorer, but i think £17m is too much for a 28 year old, i know that if he helps us win the league or CL or both then he's priceless, but £17m for another 3 years at his peak? Mabe i'm just tight!
This is the type of situation where we should throw our weight around, if we establish he wants to come, then we should say here is £11-12m, thats all, and let the player tell them i want LFC only.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:23 pm

Not really heard too much about this guy but he sounds like a player who would do well at LFC. If he's scored so many goals in La Liga and has proven pedigree over a # of years then why not. Provided the price is right of course.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:04 pm

get him. should stop worrying about the price. should he flop IF he comes here, id take back my 2nd sentence. :D
maypaxvobiscum

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill