Diego forlan to liverpool - Agent plays down talks

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby redmikey » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:47 pm

i would be happy to have forlan................... as long as part of the deal forces dudek to sign for the scum and a role reversal occurs where jersy makes a total tit out of manure
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby redsince2001 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:51 pm

totally against forlan signing.... he cant cut it in the EPl..... i'd rather hav owen /milito ....
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:51 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
redhayesy wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:I actually think he is a very good player, far better than he showed at united.

If it was as a third or fourth option and it wasnt silly money then i'd be interested.
Obviously not at 16 million and as our supposed big name striker signing though  :no

your taking the p1ss,surely! forlan is sh1t, but even worse
than that he"s an ex fecking manc :censored:, fecking makes my blood boil just thinking he is even mentioned joining
us. :veryangry

Totally disagree, are you basing your opinion on when he played for united or what he has showed since he left ?
He was decent in the world cup, is two footed, had decent movement and can score different kinds of goals.
Far better player than most would give him credit for, because of his links with united and his poor form when he played in the premiership.

As i said as an option, 3rd or 4th choice i would deffo have him, but not at 16 million or as the main striker coming in.

I agree Ventura.
He was a sub in like 90% of all his games for manure and has played the last 3 years for Villareal and has improved vastly.
Don't be blinded just cause he played for the scum once!

Not in the class of the best but IMO better than what we've got.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:02 pm

He's just not the type of quality we should be looking at IMO -and I don't think we are either BTW. We have Crouch and Kuyt who are almost certain to stay with us, Voronin will arrive next month, Bellamy may or may not leave, and to supplement that we need players better than Forlan - top talent - not players who failed in the EPL. Villareal and Spain suit him down to the ground, but England, not IMO. I don't consider him better than Crouch or Kuyt, I consider him a different type of player who offers different abilities. But Crouch and Kuyt have their places in the squad, we just need a finisher with class to top it off.
LFC2007

Postby Penguins » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:28 pm

Well, maybe we can't get that striker of the next level.
Our record fee is 14 million ever and those next lvl players are 25m+.
I also would like one of Eto'o, Tevez, etc but if not then Forlan isn't as bad as some think.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:37 pm

Penguins wrote:Well, maybe we can't get that striker of the next level.
Our record fee is 14 million ever and those next lvl players are 25m+.
I also would like one of Eto'o, Tevez, etc but if not then Forlan isn't as bad as some think.

The amount the player costs does not necessarily determine what "level" they are at.

Take Owen for example, I don't consider him in the so called £9m bracket of talent, yet he would be a far better signing than Bent IMO.

I don't see how you jump from £14m to £25m+ all of a sudden. It's player specific. I'd rather have Owen for £9m than Forlan anyday.

Who's to say Tevez would cost £25m+ anyway? We don't know what the intentions of MSI are other than to profit as much as they can from him in the long term. Maybe they want him to mature at a top club before cashing in? Maybe another loan deal at a top club would milk him some more before a final sale?
LFC2007

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:42 pm

Forlan looks as good as Morientes did when he is playing in La Liga.  Its a totally different game!  I'd rather have Bent than Forlan
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:00 pm

Id rather us pay less and get a decent player with heart and soul, one who would be proud to pull that red shirt on and have some money left over than pay out £25 million plus for a money mad over paid greedy cnt who will probably have a poo first season and say he's 'settling in' and 'getting used to the premiership' only then to have a sh!ter 2nd season and cry because he's home sick or cant adjust to the life.

this need careful consideration by the manager and board. It's easy to chuck £25 million at someone but we've never been like that have we, we take our time.

I dont get too much confidence from our USA owners tbh, i think they're all wind and no trousers. Hope they prove me wrong.
Last edited by Roger Red Hat on Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:24 pm

Lee J wrote:I dont get too much confidence from our USA owners tbh, i think they're all wind and no trousers. Hope they prove me wrong.

Why?
LFC2007

Postby jkop » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:49 pm

redsince2001 wrote:totally against forlan signing.... he cant cut it in the EPl..... i'd rather hav owen /milito ....

Totally agree wouldnt want forlan at the club, well thats my opinion.
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:28 pm

And I'm absolutely sure why everyone rather have Milito/Owen,/insert name here than Forlan.

Only cause he played some games for Manure.
Very unfair to reason like that.
He might not be suited or for some other reason not be the right choice but to just write him off cause of the Manure factor is wrong IMO.

And even if cost doesn't exactly determines the quality of the player it's still common sense that much more often than not you get a better player at 25 million than 10 million.
There are exceptions to the rule but that is exceptions!
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:35 pm

Clearly, but there are also players who don't SUIT the EPL and cost a lot more. Schevchenko hasn't exactly set the Premiership alight but he cost £30m.

Better player or not, it must be the right option for us. Not based on a Championship manager style appraisal.

I believe Forlan is a player who doesn't suit the EPL.

I don't think there are many on this forum who are writing him off solely because he played for the mancs, it was his performances in the Premier league that make it a frightening prospect.
LFC2007

Postby tubby » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:39 pm

We should be getting 50m alone from TV money, selling players as well as money from reaching Athens. So if Gillete and co were going ot put in 40 or 50 then we should have more than enough to get a few good players.

But i doubt we will even spend 40.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flamingpoe » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:40 pm

lfc2007 is right he just isn't a premiership player its not that he isn't good and its not cause he played for manure but in that sense he is a la liga player, likes to run with the ball and fllas over alot, but in that sense the premiership is a more of a pass and run and use strength, where as if forlan came to england, he wud probably end up on his :censored: half the time cause hes not a particularly strong player
flamingpoe

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:46 pm

bavlondon wrote:We should be getting 50m alone from TV money, selling players as well as money from reaching Athens. So if Gillete and co were going ot put in 40 or 50 then we should have more than enough to get a few good players.

But i doubt we will even spend 40.

The increase in TV doesn't mean we will have an extra 50m to spend on transfers, it means whatever the difference is with the previous tv deal may or may not be used to supplement transfers. Since we don't know the financial intricacies of the club, we don't know how this will affect our spending, costs for whatever reason may rise - wage inflation for example.
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill