How marca lies - The new target: benitez

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Sabre » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:53 pm

REAL MADRID CALLS BENITEZ

He'd be ready to come

And that's how the most read newspaper in Spain (more sold than the general information ones) make know to millions of twáts that Rafa is the next target.

Of course, I have my age, and I had asked my coffee with milk to the bartender, so I turned the page.

And I found an enormous photo of Rafa in his Melwood office, grinning.

And I start reading the article, in which the only true fact is that Rafa has renewed his contract with LFC until 2008.

Not a single fecking quote from Rafa. Not even one.

All mere speculation of the pseudo journalist, that puts some photos of Rafa's past in Spanish teams, one of them being one of the RM's lower categories team Castilla.

But the damage is done, I read the article, but 1.000.000 twáts do not, so it's likely in the next days you read a lot of fuzz about this cráp.

The journalist just states the priority Rafa has become for Madrid, and he guesses that  Rafa'll be interested cos, he once coached Castilla and Real Madrid didn't give him a chance (that last sentence is my personal feeble attempt on irony).

My guess is that he probably asked Rafa about his new contract, asked Rafa if he one day after that contract would be ready to join RM, Rafa answered "why not", and that was enough to make the big headline you can see.

Not a bloody quote. The bástards. Well, that's how they work, if they wanted Gerrard and Alonso, they'd do the same thing.
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:56 pm

that paper is on the payroll of real madrid,so this story sucks
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:14 pm

what's new?

if madrid have a bad start to their next league game they'll probably change their manager at half time ffs.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:17 pm

I doubted for some seconds on putting this into the rumor mill. "Newswise" it's more proper. But I made the threat a little bit as a warning of what we are going to read the next months if Madrid really wants Rafa: heaps of informative cráp.

Even will move dozens of Pablinhos here to ask about it :)  . Just a warning. But move the thread, perhaps the rumour mill is the most appropiated place for this now you're warned.
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:23 pm

I think Rafa has indicated in the past when interviewed on tv, in usual Rafa nonspeak he responded to a question about Madrid with "Yes ,one day maybe ,why not ? ' but not now, right now I have a job to do at Liverpool , this is my mission"  .

Therefore wouldn't surprise me if one day he returned to Spain and Madrid.also wouldn't surprise me if he took the Spanish national team mgrs job , but with any luck maybe we can persuade him to stay at LFC far beyond 2008.

:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:49 am

NOT GONNA HAPPEN IN THE NEAR FUTURE - GUILLEM BALAGUE

REAL MADRID :p :p  YOU'LL HAVE TO MAKE DO WITH RANDY SVEN FOR A WHILE. :D
Last edited by RUSHIE#9 on Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to The Rumour Mill