Torres - Rent Boy - What now

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:44 pm

Q&A: Torres's agent Antonio SanzWed, 02 Feb 11:40:00 2011

Antonio Sanz - whose Bahia Internacional agency represents Fernando Torres and a host of Europe's top talent - answers your questions in the wake of the Spanish striker's British-record transfer from Liverpool to Chelsea.

..Question from Maxime: Hi Antonio. Where do you think Fernando will play at Chelsea? With Drogba still in the team, do you think Torres will have to spend time on the bench?

Antonio Sanz:  Yes, although I'm not the coach. Fernando is ready to play wherever he is asked to.

Question from Aceno: When and why did Torres decide to leave Liverpool?

Antonio Sanz: The decision was made last week after Chelsea made their offer. He thought a lot about it, and decided he wanted to step up a level.

Question from AAA: People have been saying that the price for Torres was far too high. Looking at the figures paid for Spanish players like Mendieta, Jose Mari ... do you think Torres could join that group of disastrous transfers?

Antonio Sanz: We need to live more optimistically! You can't really compare different players' careers, but Jose Mari had a successful career at some big clubs. In any case, each story is different.

Question from Carlos: Did Torres want to leave as soon as Chelsea called?

Antonio Sanz: From the outset, he wasn't totally sure, no. But he analysed the situation, and put plenty of thought into it. There was plenty of deep analysis.

Question from Jordi Gascon: Did Fernando leave Liverpool for Chelsea for sporting reasons, or did he did he leave on financial grounds?

Antonio Sanz: No, it's for sporting reasons only. He's already said that it is a big step in his career.

Question from Mike: Which other clubs were interested Fernando?

Antonio Sanz: None in this window, but in the summer there were two bids from Chelsea and Manchester City. Both offers were refused by Liverpool, who were going through a difficult time.

Question from massana83: If this new contract links Fernando Torres to Chelsea until 2016, is there a possibility that Fernando will return to play for Atletico Madrid after that?

Antonio Sanz: That is not the exclusive decision of Fernando - it would also need some interest from Atletico. At this point, it's too far away.

Question from John: I am glad that Torres has gone to Chelsea. What do you think about the Liverpool fans burning their shirts of him?

Antonio Sanz: I don't like it, but I respect it. I don't think that is the best way to express your disappointment, but it's not for me to say. There are other methods of protest...

Question from Chemi: Is it true that Real Madrid tried to sign Fernando but he refused out of respect for Atletico?

Antonio Sanz: I can tell you that there were a couple of Real presidential candidates who wanted to make contact with Fernando, but he would not play for them. He has more than demonstrated his feelings for Atletico.

Question from Chicky: Does Fernando leave with some bad feelings from Liverpool?

Antonio Sanz: He leaves Liverpool very grateful - to the club, to the people of the city and to the directors. He and his family were always treated very well.

Question from Alex: Is he disappointed with the possible break-up of his relationship with Liverpool fans?

Antonio Sanz: He couldn't physically see the images because we have not seen a minute of television. He respects why the fans might be upset.

Question from Colchonero: Do you know if Atletico will receive any money from his move to Chelsea?

Antonio Sanz: No, the only teams involved in the deal are Chelsea and Liverpool.

Question from Juan Carlos: Is Torres 'the new Drogba' for Chelsea?

Antonio Sanz: I wouldn't say that. Torres is Torres, and Drogba is Drogba. Both are great strikers.

Question from Maryjoe: Is Fernando planning to explain himself to the Liverpool fans? I think the people there expect a gesture from him.

Antonio Sanz: Once we've had five minutes to analyse everything, he probably will. I'd like Fernando to explain to the fans why he left Liverpool.

Question from Maryjoe: When Fernando left Atletico, it seemed that he made the final decision after the famous match against Barca at the Calderon. Was there also a particular time that he decided to leave Liverpool?

Antonio Sanz: I think that the Calderon was the straw that broke the camel's back. He had long suspected that his time at Atletico was over. This time has been different. Anyway, Liverpool have doubled the money they spent on Fernando in 42 months.

Question from Betsy: The British press reported that Torres had felt "verbally threatened" at some points in the negotiation process. Can you explain what happened?

Antonio Sanz: Not true. What happens is that negotiations are difficult and sometimes unpleasant. There were no threats.

Question from eduardo: Did you think at any point during the negotiations that the transfer was not going to happen?

Antonio Sanz: Yes. There were critical moments, like Sunday afternoon, when I feared that it wouldn't happen.

Question from Paul: In some online forums, people put Torres's address up for Liverpool fans to go and protest at. Do you know if something happened?

Antonio Sanz: Not at Fernando's home, no. Well, we were there on Sunday night and on Monday until noon and I saw no fans.

Question from Znathan: Antonio, do you believe that El Nino can reach his full potential at Chelsea?

Antonio Sanz: Undoubtedly. He is one of the best centre-forwards in the world. Don't forget that two years ago he was voted the third best player in the world by a jury of coaches and captains, and in 2009 he was named best centre-forward by the world players' union. Only injuries have deprived us of the best Torres.

Question from jordi21: Do you think that Torres will adapt quickly at Chelsea? If not, could this be a bad signing?

Antonio Sanz: I think it was more difficult for him to adapt when he arrived in the Premier League at Liverpool, but he did.

Question from Mike: Would you like him to play against Liverpool?

Antonio Sanz: Yes, if it is deemed appropriate - Ancelotti could pick him this Sunday.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mkingdom » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:04 pm

Not sure why we are even discussing him.

Waste of time and effort.  He's moved on, we should to.

I think we are all agreed on what he is.

We have new players, and he does not matter to LFC anymore
mkingdom

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:43 pm

This thread and the cunt whose name the title bears  , should fade into obscurity  he's the cunt who conned the feck out of us  but we should  move on .... and he should suffer the  ignominy of being scrubbed from our memories alongside Hicks n Gillette and David Moores and  Owen
Lets fucking bury this thread :( along with all memories of this distasteful episode and that snidey little fuckers continued influence on this forum ......and  I think if the fans really want to make an impression they should all turn their backs to him at Chelsea when he leaves the tunnel this will have far greater impact than shouting abuse ...
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:05 pm

Antonio Sanz

he's a tw.at too
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:16 pm

Lee J wrote:Antonio Sanz

he's a tw.at too

So is Torres's brother I will love chelsea.

fuck off !!!

His agent got 2 million in his @rse pocket with this transfer.

BTW he''s been removed from the front of the stadium, my guess is them windows would have seen some bricks fly through them tonight.

http://184.72.239.143/mu/52848b38-3d4a-c8e0.jpg
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby worcester_red » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:19 pm

Lee J wrote:Antonio Sanz

he's a tw.at too

He's a parasitic agent, so that kind of goes without saying.  :D
worcester_red

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:43 pm

So thats F.Torres, torres brother and Antonio Sanz so far...

...all tw.ats
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:44 pm

Before

After:

There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:01 pm

someone certainly would have bricked that tonight, good to see we're erasing him - slowly but surely, he'll be forgotten
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:08 pm

rightly so. is it true we've sold that big picture to Chelsea? along with a box of blue felt tips?
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:37 pm

Ciggy wrote:Before

After:

:buttrock

Erased... he will know what it feels like on his return here

Been dissed by all, he trained alone, Dalglsihg and Co made him wait for the transfer to go through and were totally unsympathetic towards him..  :buttrock

Suarez Surez... Dalglish Dalglish  :bowdown
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:46 pm

On form, in my opinion, hes the worlds best striker, and i think he will score a shedload of goals for Chelsea, just like he did for us, and yes I will be bitter about it, fecking nancy boy arsehat
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:46 pm

on a side note, its pretty sickening seeing him in that white and blue sh.it.

no matter though. dirt off our shoulders.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:48 pm

:laugh: :laugh:

hope they do! :angry:
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:18 pm

I guess its better that le sulk (v2) has gone. For the past few months, he was sulking bigtime, and as a result, this rubbed of on some of the other players. I actually feel upbeat now that he's gone.

BTW, there is no hiding place for him on Sunday and all future game where Liverpool players are involved.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion