Raul Meireles - Rent Boy Mark II

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:37 pm

jimmy brighton wrote:Was a tad disappointed when I heard Meireles had gone but hey ho, life moves on. He obviously wasn't in Kenny's plans at the outset because how sparingly he has been used. The fact that he wasn't even on the bench for the Bolton game speaks volumes. Obviously Kenny waited for him to hand in his transfer request so nothing could come back on him :D
With Gerrard, Lucas, Henderson, Adam, Spearing, Shelvey, Maxi, Downing and even Kuyt(to a small degree) I think we have a midfield full of so many different permutations it's a very exciting time ahead :nod

Errrrr. he injured his shoulder, mate....  ???
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby jimmy brighton » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:51 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
jimmy brighton wrote:Was a tad disappointed when I heard Meireles had gone but hey ho, life moves on. He obviously wasn't in Kenny's plans at the outset because how sparingly he has been used. The fact that he wasn't even on the bench for the Bolton game speaks volumes. Obviously Kenny waited for him to hand in his transfer request so nothing could come back on him :D
With Gerrard, Lucas, Henderson, Adam, Spearing, Shelvey, Maxi, Downing and even Kuyt(to a small degree) I think we have a midfield full of so many different permutations it's a very exciting time ahead :nod

Errrrr. he injured his shoulder, mate....  ???

er, ok I forgot about that. But other than that............ :D
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby stapo1000 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:54 pm

meireles is a rat. hope his career goes to sh!t just like the other money grabbing :censored: whose name i'd rather not mention
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:59 pm

Not that arsed really and we got good money for him. The £12m pays for Coates and Enrique and on a free we got more versatile bench player in Bellamy, and Merelies was a bench player here lets not forger that. End of day he couldnt hold down a starting berth and Dalglish had his own signings in front of him so I also understand why the player may have fancied a fresh start. He fella knows Boas and prob feels that will gain him and advantage down there. You cant keep everyone, and you cant keep them all happy either, players come and go. Keep in mind that this guy is not top drawer, hes a decent squad player and nothing more, so its not left a gaping hole in the side and thats why hes been allowed to leave.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:12 pm

We'll do ok without him but I think he was very much a part of Kenny's plans.  He wasnt fully fit during pre season which is why he only came on for the final 30 minutes or so of each game.   

But he still did play a part in each game if he was fit for.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:13 pm

I remember reading an interview with the awsome Daniel Agger just after Torres left. He hates Torres. He said he can't believe he's gone to Chelsea. Said that if he ever left he'd never play for Liverpools rivals because Danes simple don't do that. Hah, and of course he belted Torres one on the pr'icks debut. For that I love Agger. Liverpool through and through.

Benayoun...meh. Little weasle really. Glad he didn't come back. I don't look at him with hatred...more a kind of condecension.

Not sure about Raul yet. Fact is though he's a Chav now, and by default I despise him.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby crim cram » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:37 pm

ForeverAugust wrote:I remember reading an interview with the awsome Daniel Agger just after Torres left. He hates Torres. He said he can't believe he's gone to Chelsea. Said that if he ever left he'd never play for Liverpools rivals because Danes simple don't do that. Hah, and of course he belted Torres one on the pr'icks debut. For that I love Agger. Liverpool through and through.

Benayoun...meh. Little weasle really. Glad he didn't come back. I don't look at him with hatred...more a kind of condecension.

Not sure about Raul yet. Fact is though he's a Chav now, and by default I despise him.

Agger will always have be a hero to me for popping the Judas the way he did.  That got a lot of aggression out of my system, that did.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:43 pm

Has anyone from Liverpool commented on the Meireles to Chavski transfer?  Other than a slight reference from Carra.

Or has Raul commented yet?
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:46 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Greavesie wrote:well in Thommo lad, I don't get the fuss. :censored: him anyway, you don't leave LFC in the manner that he has, t0sser

YOU don't get the fuss?  ???

I'm getting pretty sick of this Meireles to Chelsea sh!te

I don't want Raul to go :(

Meireles stays, end of

:D

Yeh there's loads who wanted him to stay but I was reading back through this thread and it seems he never truly won everyone over, in fact you were trying to convince me he was good a few times!  :D I wonder how many wanted him to stay to make up numbers and people wanted him to stay because he was genuinely quality.

There's a few interesting quotes regardings his style throughout, particularly by Zidane; RBG and Ethan never seemed convinced either. I certainly think he's replacable and we've got about the right price for him. Admittedly I wanted him to stay BUT as I've said many times, I just wish his departure was a few days earlier because I truly believe someone could have been brought in with a bit more 'fit' than Raul (if that makes sense)
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:53 pm

ForeverAugust wrote:Not sure about Raul yet. Fact is though he's a Chav now, and by default I despise him.

What do you mean "now"?

Have you seen his dress sense? :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RedAnt » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:59 pm

Greavesie wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Greavesie wrote:well in Thommo lad, I don't get the fuss. :censored: him anyway, you don't leave LFC in the manner that he has, t0sser

YOU don't get the fuss?  ???

I'm getting pretty sick of this Meireles to Chelsea sh!te

I don't want Raul to go :(

Meireles stays, end of

:D

I just wish his departure was a few days earlier because I truly believe someone could have been brought in with a bit more 'fit' than Raul (if that makes sense)

You're saying you think Rauls 'fit'...right?  :p
RedAnt

Postby RedAnt » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:00 pm

stmichael wrote:
ForeverAugust wrote:Not sure about Raul yet. Fact is though he's a Chav now, and by default I despise him.

What do you mean "now"?

Have you seen his dress sense? :laugh:

Hah, now you mention it...a picture of him in a Burberry cap comes to mind. Or maybe i'm just thinking he'd really suit one...
RedAnt

Postby LittleHobo » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:27 pm

you take away his run of goals he scored and he was actually really poor for us

never a performance over 6/10 or 7/10, just those goals he scored made people think he was better than he was
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:30 pm

sad he left really and disapointed at the way he handled the situation but i do believe that he wasn't rated by kenny and would have been a bit part player from the bench.this was obvious and raul knew it.imo he was good enough to start for us regular and we will miss his creativity and goals this season.
still no player is bigger than this club and if he didnt want to be here then its best he left.
£12mil isnt a lot of money for a proven international like mereiles and considering they were bidding up to 40mil for modric it seems like they got raul for nothing.

anyway why the fook are we strenghtening the chavs.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby CardinalRed » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:48 pm

See ya, close the door on ya way out...... There's a new breed in town and you don't appreciate that!

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion