Raul Meireles - Rent Boy Mark II

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby shakey » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:56 am

Shame he wanted too leave :(  but that was his choice...LFC have lost better players in the past & still survived  :nod
shakey

Postby neil » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:04 am

dissapointed. He'll probably be better this season as well.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:09 am

Let's face it. He's gonna earn more at the Chacs, he has CL footie, a boss he knows and who wants him....what would you do ?
I'm not happy he's gone but he did after all hand in a transfer request....so good riddance. I trust Hendo will lash him out of it *IF* Meireles manages to get selected....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:09 am

Redman in wales wrote:everyone keeps mentioning it, but i don't think we're too short in CM.

mereiles hardly ever played central midfield last season when we had less quality in that area than we do now and gerrard was out for half the season so i don't see why anybody thinks that would have changed this season. kenny clearly saw him as a squad player.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby alxy » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:25 am

Guess Kenny told him he wasn't really wanted. Can't imagine he'll go to Chelsea expecting to be in the first team all the time either. That'll probably go to Juan Mata now, and was the main reason why Yossi left Chelsea too. Though I suspect having a Portuguese coach at Chelsea might have swayed Meireles a bit. Didn't want him to go, but am not gutted he left. All the best to him. If he really wanted to go guess there is no choice. Hope we don't end up ruing it end of season. It was his and Suarez's creativity that unlocked Arsenal few weeks back. We have a lot of midfielders yes, but really creative ones? Not too many I suspect.
alxy

Postby Bermenstein » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:44 am

Look. He is the last of Hodgsons signings to go. A good player he was and he had his purple patch. Dont want Hodgson clinging on to any credit we get this season if we win something with Meireles in the team. Hes gone now, sod him. This is Kenny's Liverpool through and through...... Best of luck to the lads this season...walk on
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:56 am

Honest question: assuming Raul was going to Chelsea either way, would people have preferred the deal we got (12 million pounds) or the one offered earlier (7 million + Yossi)?
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby crim cram » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:57 am

Time to replace him in the transfer market would have been nice.  A proper right winger would do nicely in the January window.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:59 am

Bad Bob wrote:Honest question: assuming Raul was going to Chelsea either way, would people have preferred the deal we got (12 million pounds) or the one offered earlier (7 million + Yossi)?

12M. Didn't want Yossi back. And we DO need a right winger....I'm surprised KK isn't giving any of the youngsters a shot at it.....maybe that'll come yet...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby RedAnt » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:03 pm

Those who are upset...picture him in Chelski blue! Dosen't matter what he did last year. He's now on the kunt-o-metre by default. Last season he was our Raul. Now he's just another Chelsea knobhead.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:03 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Honest question: assuming Raul was going to Chelsea either way, would people have preferred the deal we got (12 million pounds) or the one offered earlier (7 million + Yossi)?

12m for meireles considering his age and lack of sell on value. for me it was a good deal if you coinsider that everton arguably sold their best player for less than that.

we didn't need yossi back as we've already got downing, suarez, kuyt, henderson, maxi and bellamy who can all play in wide areas. i never understood the link from the start. he'll do ok at arsenal though as he'll fit in well with his refusal to shoot all the time and look for the final pass. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby maguskwt » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:03 pm

If he wanted to leave then feck him... He was one of my favorite players but it seems to me that loyalty is old fashioned these days...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:06 pm

stmichael wrote:

12m for meireles considering his age and lack of sell on value. for me it was a good deal if you coinsider that everton arguably sold their best player for less than that.

we didn't need yossi back as we've already got downing, suarez, kuyt, henderson, maxi and bellamy who can all play in wide areas. i never understood the link from the start. he'll do ok at arsenal though as he'll fit in well with his refusal to shoot all the time and look for the final pass. :D

I would have asked for some sort of deal involving Sturridge...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:07 pm

stmichael wrote:

That's my feeling too.  I guess I can understand some of the concerns about being light in CM so long as Stevie's still sidelined.  Hopefully he'll be back in action soon, though, and remind us why he's still the first name on the teamsheet.  The other factor of course is that, without European football, we will have fewer games this season (and far fewer two matches in a week) and thus fewer chances for...wait for it...rotation.  We can probably get by just fine with the midfield we have.  If disaster strikes we can always go shopping in January, right John Henry?
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Waldo » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:12 pm

My view on this is that he wanted to go and we have allowed him to go and made our money back on him. Kenny has looked at the squad and options in midfield and decided he can go without Meireles.

What this also tells me is that the progress of Gerrard is positive and Kenny expects him back soon enough and when he returns where woud Meireles play.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion