RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:39 pm

£800,000 a month x 12 = £9.6, £9.6m x 5 is £48m, Will cost City £49m fee & £48m in wages, £97mill over 5 years for a 20 year old
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:42 pm

he's an oustanding young talent, and a great example for the up and coming young footballer. i wish him all the very best in this exciting next step in his highly professional career.

not

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:52 pm

red till i die!! »  Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:09 pm wrote:Sky Sports announcing its a done deal @ £49 mil although that includes add on's.

Disappointed we are losing someone of his talent but he clearly does not want to be here.

Yep, now it's all over and done with I'll be sad to see him go, he was with us nearly 6 years and in an ideal world it would have been a lot longer. Hard to believe that when he sent Joe Hart and Vincent Kompany the wrong way at the Kop end to score the opening goal in what we then thought was a title decider that those 2 players would be his team mates 12 months further down the road.
The way he engineered his exit was out of order but I suppose there's no good way of leaving.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:53 pm

We can celebrate the fee and given his behavior him leaving was inevitable, but that does not change the fact that we have lost our 2nd best player (after Sturridge imo) and that the club continues to move in the wrong direction when it comes to players brought in vs. players leaving.

Here's for hoping the money is reinvested in proven quality.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:54 pm

Good riddance. I'm amazed that we got this much for him.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:57 pm

aCe' » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:53 pm wrote:We can celebrate the fee and given his behavior him leaving was inevitable, but that does not change the fact that we have lost our 2nd best player (after Sturridge imo) and that the club continues to move in the wrong direction when it comes to players brought in vs. players leaving.

Here's for hoping the money is reinvested in proven quality.

It's deffo something the club are going to have to address, over the last 10-15 years we've lost too many quality players to other clubs (Owen, Alonso, Mascherano, Torres, Suarez, Sterling etc)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:49 pm

I'm not exactly sure how his inclusion in the side will benefit City as Cities game is based on measured football ,and certainly not the breakneck pace Liverpool utilised with Suarez and Co in a season  he was far more effective. I wouldn't say he's the most intuitive of players either ,and he's possibly one of the worst passers of the ball I've seen in a reds shirt ,Cities game revolves around deft passing and delivering the ball into key areas ,is he in all honesty an improvement on Jesus Navas  ???

Anyway 49 million ,I wish City the best of luck ,possibly a few trips to Early Learning and a coach sufficiently equipped in the man boob department to nurse feed the fragile little fucker......Other than that stock up on Haribo.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:01 pm

C-R » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:39 pm wrote:£800,000 a month x 12 = £9.6, £9.6m x 5 is £48m, Will cost City £49m fee & £48m in wages, £97mill over 5 years for a 20 year old

If this is true - just shows why we go for the type of players we currently do.
No way can LFC afford those type of wages.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:07 pm

City don't exactly have the best record in bringing on English talent, with the exception of Joe Hart the careers of people like Sinclair have stalled.

He is a stupid boy. He may get some medals but he won't get any better as he won't be playing football week in week out. Shaun wright Phillips the second.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:11 pm

crazyhorse » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:07 pm wrote:City don't exactly have the best record in bringing on English talent, with the exception of Joe Hart the careers of people like Sinclair have stalled.

He is a stupid boy. He may get some medals but he won't get any better as he won't be playing football week in week out. Shaun wright Phillips the second.

Your quite right mate, look at Jack Rodwell (who???), remember him, the next big thing in central midfield and look at him now

Within 3 years Sterling will be playing mid table football for the likes of Palace or West Ham, you'll see  :nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:12 pm

Let's hope the club invest the money properly and we don't have a repeat of last year's transfers.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:12 pm

I'm now just waiting for his first interview.
"It's great to be a part of such a big club with big ambition"
RS TRIPE!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:15 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:49 pm wrote:I'm not exactly sure how his inclusion in the side will benefit City as Cities game is based on measured football ,and certainly not the breakneck pace Liverpool utilised with Suarez and Co in a season  he was far more effective. I wouldn't say he's the most intuitive of players either ,and he's possibly one of the worst passers of the ball I've seen in a reds shirt ,Cities game revolves around deft passing and delivering the ball into key areas ,is he in all honesty an improvement on Jesus Navas  ???

Anyway 49 million ,I wish City the best of luck ,possibly a few trips to Early Learning and a coach sufficiently equipped in the man boob department to nurse feed the fragile little fucker......Other than that stock up on Haribo.

To be fair to him mate he is only 20, yes he's got a hell of a lot of developing to do before he's the finished article but even so he showed enough during that season where we finished second to suggest that even at his age he has the ability to be part of a formidable front line at a top side.
Regarding his sloppy passing etc - it was obvious that he didn't want to be here and his heart wasn't in it, I suspect we'll see a different Raheem next season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:21 pm

Glad to see this poisonous little toe-rag out of our club, polluting the atmosphere with his self-absorbed delusional nonsense. We trained him throughout his formative years and he turned round ***** us over.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:38 pm

Glad that's finally sorted.

I get what others are saying, losing one of our better players and all, but I can't agree. He's not that good and he's definitely not worth 50 million. Ibe is better anyway and Frimino as well. As for Sterling, I think he'll flop at City.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion