RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:20 am

Can't believe we haven't got a thread for our latest gem! I think we've got ourselves a real talent here who will start more games this season and everytime he gets the ball he seems to burst into life. He actually reminds me of a young Owen when he first burst into the team. The way he runs and his pace. Anyway, I think we'll be seeing a lot more of him from now on and rightly so.

Well done Raheem Sterling...     time to take this opportunity and make a name for yourself.

Sterling was signed in February 2010 for an initial fee of £600,000, but this could rise to £5 million depending on how many appearances he makes for the first-team. He made his first appearance for the first team in a pre-season friendly against Borussia Mönchengladbach in Germany on 1 August 2010.

On 24 March 2012, Sterling made his senior Liverpool debut as a substitute in a league match against Wigan Athletic aged 17 years and 107 days, becoming the second-youngest player ever to play for the club. On 1 May he made his second appearance, again as a substitute, against Fulham. On the final home game of the season, he made another substitute appearance in a 4-1 win against Chelsea.   

Sterling has represented England at Under-16 and Under-17 level. He is also eligible to play for Jamaica, his country of birth, and his mother Nadine has stated that she would like to see him play for Jamaica at international level.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:34 am

Don't over play him - we need to treat Sterling the same way ORN treated Giggs not the way we treated Owen and Fowler. He can't and shouldn't start every game and we should realise its for the long term benefit. Can see Rodgers looking after him well.
Benny The Noon

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:49 am

I think Rodgers has more of a clue how to treat him , he should be ok for a good chunk of the seasons fixtures though. He looks fit enough
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:53 am

Few stories doing the rounds of Rodgers giving him a little dressing down in front of the other youth players.

All part of the LFC documentary being done by Fox

http://www.merseyreds.com/2012/08/27/video-brendan-rodgers-calls-out-raheem-sterlings-attitude-sneak-peek-of-new-fox-soccer-documentary/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=video-brendan-rodgers-calls-out-raheem-sterlings-attitude-sneak-peek-of-new-fox-soccer-documentary&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Sorry about link to another site.

Good to see he isnt letting anyone get away with things
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:53 am

He is only 17 - he should only play at the very most half the games maybe even less. The last thing we need to do is overplay him like we did with both Owen and Fowler
Benny The Noon

Postby maguskwt » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:13 am

Good player... definitely impressed with his debut. I was really sceptical because of his slight build, but he seems to be able to use his body well and not really a pushover. I thought he was much more effective than Downing. He kept, Toure, a very experienced defender and twice his size on his toes.

Good to see Rodgers making the young players keep their feet on the ground as well...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:28 am

Gave the crowd a buzz every time he got the ball.

Needs to bulk up slightly, but their defenders were scared of him. Which says a lot.
Made up he has been given a chance rather than gone out on loan. Even rival forums are raving about him.

Exactly what we should be doing and credit to Brendan, hope he does something with Suso and Morgan too.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:36 pm

Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:53 am wrote:He is only 17 - he should only play at the very most half the games maybe even less. The last thing we need to do is overplay him like we did with both Owen and Fowler

I can see him getting lots of home games, less away games.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:08 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:36 pm wrote:I can see him getting lots of home games, less away games.

is that cos he still gets car sick?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:11 pm

andy_g » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:08 pm wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:36 pm wrote:I can see him getting lots of home games, less away games.

No
Its because his mum said hes got to be in before it goes dark
Thommo's perm

Postby kazza » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:15 pm

Johnny Boy » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:28 am wrote:Gave the crowd a buzz every time he got the ball.

Needs to bulk up slightly, but their defenders were scared of him. Which says a lot.
Made up he has been given a chance rather than gone out on loan. Even rival forums are raving about him.

Exactly what we should be doing and credit to Brendan, hope he does something with Suso and Morgan too.

He'll bulk up naturally as he grows up. Owen was never the same player when he bulked up. Sterling is very fast with the ball and the City defenders seem to give hime space with the ball as they were afraid of his speed. We have been missing a quick little ball carrier and I hope he plays more.

I hope we can keep him level headed as from that video he looked like he could have attitude issues.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:25 pm

Thommo's perm » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:11 pm wrote:
andy_g » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:08 pm wrote:

No
Its because his mum said hes got to be in before it goes dark

rule him out for all the 3 / 4 o'clock kick offs in December and January then!
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:05 pm

i think he looks like a superb player already who will just get better and better, I agree we mustn't overplay him though.
heimdall

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:15 pm

maypaxvobiscum

Postby redalltheway36 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:17 pm

Superb talent and fairplay to Brendan for starting a 17 year old against the league champions.
redalltheway36
LFC Member

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion