RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:19 pm

devaney » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:13 pm wrote:Is there anybody out there that actually gives a flying fk that this annoying little itch has been removed ????????  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

HE IS PERHAPS GOING TO BE ONE OF A SELECT FEW EX LIVERPOOL PLAYERS THAT WILL ACTUALLY BE BOOED WHEN HE RETURNS TO ANFIELD AND FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER I WILL JOIN IN !!!!!

:nod  :nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:13 am

devaney » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:18 am wrote:Eds if you don't think that this is a good deal regardless of the circumstances then you clearly have the ability to see something in Sterling that the majority of us have failed to. If I am generous Sterling has had half a season with Liverpool that I could get excited about. On numerous occasions you have suggested that our success last season was down to Suarez and that Rogers and FSG had very little to do with it. Well I also believe that for the second half of last season Suarez made Sterling look a lot better than he is. He has very limited ability. Yes he is quick and he can beat a man but his mental aptitude for the game together with his decision making is very weak. I don't believe for one minute that he will strengthen Man City or go on to be a better player. He is a fair weather player and contributes nothing when the going gets tough as we have seen all season.

Liverpool have already spent nearly £30m on Roberto Firmino who is a young player with considerable quality.You seem to have ignored this with your usual somewhat standardised critique of FSG's vision for LFC. Give this a read:
http://liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news ... to-firmino

Liverpool had the balls to hold out for the outrageous some of £50m for Sterling which is crazy money for a product that isn't even half finished !! He isn't a particularly bright or pleasant individual and you only have to read Gerrard's recent comparison of Henderson and Sterling to appreciate that. Frankly I am absolutely delighted to see the back of him and his somewhat obnoxious agent. Ayres and his colleagues deserve a lot of credit for ridding the club of this little upstart and making £40m in the process. To compare the Suarez and Sterling deals in terms of LFC selling quality players is in my opinion a little idiotic. ONE IS ABSOLUTELY WORLD CLASS AND THE OTHER MOST  CERTAINLY IS NOT !!  Most people can see what has been achieved..........

GOOD RIDDANCE !!

Dev, love how you have jumped to conclusions and made up things I have NEVER said.

I agree the fee for Sterling is a great deal for the club, hence why I said "he will never become a 49m player"  :laugh:
Don't know why you think I don't think it's a great fee?

Agree Sterling has his limitations as a player but he will add to City's output, how much that will be is yet to be seen. But as we saw with Suarez with having better players around him, he will kick on. But he is there problem now so why do we even care?

Firmino is the ONLY player that I have been excited about since Suarez and Coutinho arrived. It says more about FSG than profit and loss statements ever will. I am yet to be convinced that FSG's model is working and am only seeing it being detrimental to our on field performance. Hoping we don't waste the money again like we did with Suarez, which was the comparison I was trying to make. Don't know where you got the Sterling being on par with Suarez comparison, he isn't even a shadow of him, nor will ever be  :laugh:

Good riddance to a horrible individual, but let's all take a sober moment to realise we have been in this position before, so before we start popping the champagne bottles open lets have a look at how the money is re-invested in our first XI.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby eds » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:20 am

Reg » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:19 am wrote:Great price, they paid a massive 'English' premium. Hopefully we can invest in quality players BUT... if the owners say the money's needed to help rebuild the stadium lets not all start slagging them off.

Didn't the owners come out and say the funding for the stands was coming out of their pockets, with FSG money being lent to the club?

Sterling's sale needs to go into re-investing into our first XI, if we using the sale of players to fund our stadium expansion, we are more f**ked than we think........
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:43 am

The funds for the stadium will be already in place, I'm sure they will have had to pay a lump up front to the contractors to get on with it, so I'm convinced they'll already have the money tucked in a sock in John Henry's sock drawer ready to complete. I don't reckon they'd start building a stand on the presumption we're gonna sell a few players to fund it and run the risk of been left with a part completed stand. Just my guess though.

I would love to see the Sterling 'sterling'  used for a world class striker. I like Benteke and I think he'll do a job for us but if we could just push up another level I think we'll reap the benefits in a season or two.

As for Sterling...  £49m...  I just can't quite get over the fee Man city paid us. suckers.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:26 am

Anyway, lets thank Citech for the money and move on. Sterling is history.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:20 pm

Reg » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:26 am wrote:Anyway, lets thank Citech for the money and move on. Sterling is history.

Thanks City...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:23 pm

Sterling's behaviour has been a disgrace but got to say these dickheads who have been threatening his daughter are just as bad
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:05 pm

OFFICIAL : http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest- ... y-transfer

Liverpool Football Club can confirm Raheem Sterling has completed a transfer to Manchester City.

The 20-year-old departs Anfield after 129 appearances and 23 goals for the Reds.

Liverpool FC wishes Raheem well.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:13 pm

Just glad it's been sorted so quickly.

We move on.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby C-R » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:15 pm

stmichael » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:13 pm wrote:Just glad it's been sorted so quickly.

We move on.

Defo mate  :nod

Who would you like the money spent on ?
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:20 pm

C-R » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:15 pm wrote:
stmichael » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:13 pm wrote:Just glad it's been sorted so quickly.

We move on.

Defo mate  :nod

Who would you like the money spent on ?

Largely irrelevant because it's going to be Benteke whether we like it or not imo.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:39 pm

Yup it will be wasted on Benteke..
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:56 pm

redshade » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:39 pm wrote:Yup it will be wasted on Benteke..

I think Benteke will score a decent amount of goals for us but just don't think he is someone who will help push us to the next level. Has the ability to score some outstanding goals but at the same time has moments where he looks very ordinary.

Really need to use the Sterling cash to bring in one player that can really pull us up. A Gerrard, Suarez type player.Just can't see Benteke being that unfortunately
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:07 pm

Saying the above,  I know it's not easy pulling off deals for these special players when your competing with cash rich clubs, who offer massive fees, wages and CL. I mean they even hoover up up and coming talent who are not in the world class bracket so makes life very difficult
Doeboy

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:11 pm

Seeing him with the Man City gear on looking happy infuriates me beyond belief. Another slap in the face, and another example of us becoming a stepping stone for players before moving on. I'd like to think that we're not a selling club, but we have been for the last 10 years and it's the reason we've had very little success for a club of our calibre.

We need to invest this money wisely.. and that means even Lacazette or Reus as the marquee signing. If Rodgers splashes this cash on Benteke it will prove the fans know more about football than the man himself.

We can't afford to drop further behind manure after there recent signings.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion