RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:00 pm

Liverpool Echo...  http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... ub-9638937

Raheem Sterling will miss Liverpool's pre-season tour of Australia and the Far East as the club have opened talks with Manchester City over a possible transfer.

The Reds depart from Manchester Airport at 3pm today but the 20-year-old winger will not be on the plane as his exit from Anfield moves closer.

The ECHO understands Liverpool are now in talks with Manchester City who have submitted a third offer for the 20-year-old.

Sterling did report to Melwood with the rest of the squad this morning but he has been withdrawn from the tour by Liverpool while talks with City continue.

City's two previous bids - the last of which was worth around £40m - were rejected by the Reds who have always insisted they value Sterling at £50m.

The issue escalated again this week when Sterling informed manager Brendan Rodgers he did not want to be considered for the pre-season trip and he later missed two days of training citing illness..

That did not stop Liverpool including him in their 30-man squad for the tour but it now appears his exit from Anfield is imminent, with a deal of £45m plus another £5m in add-ons possibly enough to get it done.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:16 pm

Good riddance. Can't believe we've got 50 mill for him to be honest.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:25 pm

Finally, it looks like the saga is over...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:40 pm

Think fans will be relieved its over but in one way that's exactly the position he wanted us to be in so he's won out like they all do.

FSG are very good at getting the maximum price for players but the issue for us is reinvesting it wisely, something we have failed to deliver on.

A top centre forward and holding midfielder would be my priority.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:44 pm

parchpea » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:40 pm wrote:

Agree 100%

Although i have a feeling apart from Benteke we will see yet another Attacking Midfielder, u know how BR is  :eyebrow
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:41 pm

C-R » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:44 pm wrote:

Agree 100%

Although i have a feeling apart from Benteke we will see yet another Attacking Midfielder, u know how BR is  :eyebrow

Just hoping that LFC have singled out serious world class target(s) to replace RS.
Otherwise there's gonna be one serious fall out between the fans and the club.
Time for FSG to show we are not a selling club.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:48 pm

To be fair we've already spent around £60m on Firmino, Clyne, Ings and Gomez so I can't see us going too wild with the chequebook, we've no CL football either to recoup some of the outlay back.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:49 pm

johnbarnes » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:41 pm wrote:
C-R » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:44 pm wrote:

Agree 100%

Just hoping that LFC have singled out serious world class target(s) to replace RS.
Otherwise there's gonna be one serious fall out between the fans and the club.
Time for FSG to show we are not a selling club.

Replace Raheem Sterling? We already have a replacement in Ibe and now firmino. What we need are a striker and a CM. There is no need to replace sterling IMHO.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:28 pm

Hope his gone soon. Many player who left our club i have wished them all the best however i would love to see this goof flop.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:59 pm

An agreement with Manchester City over Raheem Sterling could be announced today.  (Paul Joyce)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:06 pm

LIVERPOOL ECHO

£49m: Liverpool FC agree Sterling transfer to Manchester City

Liverpool FC have agreed the sale of Raheem Sterling to Manchester City in a deal worth £49m.

The 20-year-old has been given permission to speak to the Etihad club and will complete the transfer subject to a medical and agreeing personal terms.

No hitches are anticipated and Sterling is likely to be confirmed as a City player in the next 24 hours.

It brings to an end a protracted and acrimonious saga which dates back many months when Sterling rejected a new £100,000-a-week contract at Anfield.

In the past few weeks Manchester City have had bids totalling £35m and £40m rejected by Liverpool who have always insisted they valued the England youngster at £50m.

It is understood the deal that has been struck is worth a total of £49m, including performance-related add-ons.

The issue had become amplified this week as Liverpool prepared to depart for a two and a half week pre-season tour of Australia and the Far East. Sterling reported back for training on Monday but met Brendan Rodgers to inform him he did not want to travel with the squad.

He then missed two days of training citing illness but returned to Melwood on Friday and reported for duty on Sunday morning before the team’s flight to Bangkok.

Liverpool however chose not to take him with Manchester City having entered formal negotiations for the player.

Within hours those negotiations have concluded with Europe’s highest-rated young player leaving Anfield and making the short trip down the M62 top the Etihad.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:09 pm

Sky Sports announcing its a done deal @ £49 mil although that includes add on's.

Disappointed we are losing someone of his talent but he clearly does not want to be here.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Sterling will undertake a medical at Manchester City on Monday and will confirm the transfer later in the day
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:24 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:09 pm wrote:Sky Sports announcing its a done deal @ £49 mil although that includes add on's.

Disappointed we are losing someone of his talent but he clearly does not want to be here.

That's €68,000,000  :wwww
Puts it on par with the likes of James and Neymar  :D
For that money I hope John Henry has included a one way trip to MCR on his private jet.  :wwww
Nice doing business with the Mancs. I wonder if they would take Allen for 20M?  :wwww 
RAHEEEEEEEEM! Get your piece of cake on the way out lad!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:36 pm

johnbarnes » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:24 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:09 pm wrote:Sky Sports announcing its a done deal @ £49 mil although that includes add on's.

That's €68,000,000  :wwww
Puts it on par with the likes of James and Neymar  :D
For that money I hope John Henry has included a one way trip to MCR on his private jet.  :wwww
Nice doing business with the Mancs. I wonder if they would take Allen for 20M?  :wwww 
RAHEEEEEEEEM! Get your piece of cake on the way out lad!

Its mental money  :nod
He may as well fill himself with cake now as he won't be getting any of Yaya's  :no
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion