RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:48 am

I think he's one injury away from being the next Shaun Wright-Phillips.
Kopite-Jud

Postby laza » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:17 am

Never felt so underwhelmed about losing a supposedly star player from this club in 30 years .

He may well look better surrounded by Man City stars but he  didn't want to be here

So kudos to the owners for holding their nerve and getting a cracker price for him.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:19 am

Great price, they paid a massive 'English' premium. Hopefully we can invest in quality players BUT... if the owners say the money's needed to help rebuild the stadium lets not all start slagging them off.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:35 am

Reg » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:19 am wrote:Great price, they paid a massive 'English' premium. Hopefully we can invest in quality players BUT... if the owners say the money's needed to help rebuild the stadium lets not all start slagging them off.

I agree. As much as I would like WC players brought in. Long-term stability has to come first and if RS (and his bulls!t) pays for 50% of the new main stand then so be it.
Anfield will be around a lot longer than any player, former or present.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:47 pm

We're totally raping City with this deal. Get it done, quick
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Dundreamin is back » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:01 pm

He's the next Michael Owen. Good riddance you greedy self centred fook
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:36 pm

Dundreamin is back » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:01 pm wrote:He's the next Michael Owen. Good riddance you greedy self centred fook

The only difference being Owen was a star player for us, at times carried the team, played a key role in our treble winning season, won the European player of the year and we only got 8 million and antonio nunez for him...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:40 pm

Read that city had made the add on conditions easier to get the deal done. Sterling only needs to chalk up a certain number of appearances....
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:17 pm

for LFC this is a great deal. £49m for Raheem Sterling. jeez it just sounds better the more you say it. Credit to FSG and the transfer committee/team/individual or whoever has wrapped it up. We paid £500,000 for this player, That's a £48.5m profit ha ha that's insane!
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:49 pm

Absolutely made up that this piece of Sh*t is out the door.

Think City are just one can of laughing gas too many or a career ending injury away from a £49 million loss  :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:03 pm

leeroy74 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:17 pm wrote:for LFC this is a great deal. £49m for Raheem Sterling. jeez it just sounds better the more you say it. Credit to FSG and the transfer committee/team/individual or whoever has wrapped it up. We paid £500,000 for this player, That's a £48.5m profit ha ha that's insane!

To be fair when you look at the smallprint you can see why we dug our heels in over the price, QPR are getting £9m of that fee and when you remove the add on's etc we are left with about £35m, that's roughly about what we are expected to pay for Benteke. If we'd have accepted any less than that we would have been short changing ourselves imo, especially given Sterlings status as one of the hottest prospects in European football.
Even after playing hardball with City when everything is said and done we are basically swapping Sterling for Benteke.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:33 pm

aCe' » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:44 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:49 pm wrote:I'm not exactly sure how his inclusion in the side will benefit City as Cities game is based on measured football ,and certainly not the breakneck pace Liverpool utilised with Suarez and Co in a season  he was far more effective. I wouldn't say he's the most intuitive of players either ,and he's possibly one of the worst passers of the ball I've seen in a reds shirt ,Cities game revolves around deft passing and delivering the ball into key areas ,is he in all honesty an improvement on Jesus Navas  ???

Anyway 49 million ,I wish City the best of luck ,possibly a few trips to Early Learning and a coach sufficiently equipped in the man boob department to nurse feed the fragile little fucker......Other than that stock up on Haribo.

I disagree. I think he'll fit in well with the likes of Silva and Toure in their midfield. Better players who will take the spotlight and allow him to play his game without feeling the need to overdo it like he has with us last season.  His biggest strength is his movement off the ball and thats something City have lacked, with most of their players preferring to get on the ball rather than making runs. City's counter attacking game is very underrated imo and he'll add to that too. Anyways, he's off so no need to downplay his abilities to feel better about the deal. We got good money for him; much more than what he is currently worth.

I'm not undermining his ability ,I just never viewed him as a player pivotal to our game ,and I believed his inclusion in the team last season was detrimental to the development of Markovic as a winger. As for Sterling's movement then that's something we can concur on ,but his laying off simple balls and crossing were atrocious .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:50 pm

Well some of the stuff he has used to instigate the move will only add to the pressure on him to deliver next season. He can't afford to repeat some of his form from last season missing open nets and the like.
Being young won't cut it now as an excuse seeing as he has over 100 premier league games under his belt and superstars to blend in with.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:02 pm

I'm not sorry to see him go, he runs like a fanny.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:13 pm

Is there anybody out there that actually gives a flying fk that this annoying little itch has been removed ????????  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

HE IS PERHAPS GOING TO BE ONE OF A SELECT FEW EX LIVERPOOL PLAYERS THAT WILL ACTUALLY BE BOOED WHEN HE RETURNS TO ANFIELD AND FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER I WILL JOIN IN !!!!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext