RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby aCe' » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:44 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:49 pm wrote:I'm not exactly sure how his inclusion in the side will benefit City as Cities game is based on measured football ,and certainly not the breakneck pace Liverpool utilised with Suarez and Co in a season  he was far more effective. I wouldn't say he's the most intuitive of players either ,and he's possibly one of the worst passers of the ball I've seen in a reds shirt ,Cities game revolves around deft passing and delivering the ball into key areas ,is he in all honesty an improvement on Jesus Navas  ???

Anyway 49 million ,I wish City the best of luck ,possibly a few trips to Early Learning and a coach sufficiently equipped in the man boob department to nurse feed the fragile little fucker......Other than that stock up on Haribo.

I disagree. I think he'll fit in well with the likes of Silva and Toure in their midfield. Better players who will take the spotlight and allow him to play his game without feeling the need to overdo it like he has with us last season.  His biggest strength is his movement off the ball and thats something City have lacked, with most of their players preferring to get on the ball rather than making runs. City's counter attacking game is very underrated imo and he'll add to that too. Anyways, he's off so no need to downplay his abilities to feel better about the deal. We got good money for him; much more than what he is currently worth.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kawaton » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:45 pm

johnbarnes » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:01 pm wrote:
C-R » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:39 pm wrote:£800,000 a month x 12 = £9.6, £9.6m x 5 is £48m, Will cost City £49m fee & £48m in wages, £97mill over 5 years for a 20 year old

If this is true - just shows why we go for the type of players we currently do.
No way can LFC afford those type of wages.

£200,000 x 52 x 5 = £52,000,000, plus £49,000,000 fee = £101,000,000.

Not being pedantic but crossing the £100,000,000 mark makes it all the more ridiclous
kawaton

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:51 pm

fivecups » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:21 pm wrote:Glad to see this poisonous little toe-rag out of our club, polluting the atmosphere with his self-absorbed delusional nonsense. We trained him throughout his formative years and he turned round ***** us over.

I was listening to the Radio before and someone made the point that the club didn't exactly cover themselves with glory the way they handled Raheem. He suggested that when we were flying back in 2013/14 the club should have made a gesture and given him a pay rise, yes he was only 19 but he was a star for England and significant cog in the most potent strikeforce in the country yet he was only earning £36,000 a week.
There were players in that team earning 4/5 times what Raheem was but not contributing as much to the cause. As the fella on the Radio said no matter who you are that's got to grate a little bit.
He reckoned that when Suarez left that meant Raheem was now one of our best players but the clubs lowball offer to him didn't reflect that, the club only offered him £100,000 a week after a lot of heel dragging.
I suppose it's all academic now.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:57 pm

What is our net spend so far??

Im sure we will be spending some money from this sale.
Last edited by redshade on Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:00 pm

damjan193 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:38 pm wrote:Glad that's finally sorted.

I get what others are saying, losing one of our better players and all, but I can't agree. He's not that good and he's definitely not worth 50 million. Ibe is better anyway and Frimino as well. As for Sterling, I think he'll flop at City.

Where is the "Ibe is better" stuff coming from ? I honestly dont see it at all. In fact I think Ibe needs to develop his game considerably before being considered for a starting spot. At present, he seems like a limited player with a couple of tricks and a bit of pace. Reminds me of Pennant quite a bit actually. Firmino seems like a big prospect... Just as big  gamble though. If he can live up to the expectations that are bound to come his way given the price tag and the fact he'll (most probably) be the biggest attraction has to offer at least for the first few months then that might go some way towards making this deal a bit easier to swallow.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:39 pm

Far better players have left. This kid hasn't had anywhere near the same impact on me as when Suarez, Torres, Alonso or Mascherano left. They were the best in the world at the time. This kid has a lot of promise after 18 good months.

We move on. My only concern is the fact that we're blowing most of the money on Benteke.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:49 pm

No way is he getting 200k a week  :no  Haven't read anything mentioning his wage.
The deal being reported is £44 million up front with a further £5 mil in add ons. Qpr are set to get 20% of that which equates to aprox £9 mil leaving us with £35 mil up front and then the add ons should he reach them.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:50 pm

This little Sh*t can go to hell, I am so glad we LFC got rid off this average player who he think he a world beater!!! He is not even worth £10M. If M. City think they can win the league with little Sh*t then they are fools he would not offer them anything aport from speed which it can be blocked into corner if you have clever defender!
algymoon

Postby stmichael » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:59 pm

Yes we are losing a good player who has the potential to be world class. One of our best players. From that point of view I am gutted, as I think he is going to really special IF he applies himself and reaches his potential.

But we are also losing, whether the fault of his agent or not, one of the worst attitudes I have ever seen from a Liverpool player in my life supporting this club. From that point of view, he can get to f*ck.

You can't have one without the other, and it is about what outweighs what. Whatever you decide, I don't think many people can objectively say the money we are getting isn't good.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:08 pm

If we'd have kept Sterling no way would he put in 100% for this club. When Suarez wanted out and we forced him to stay, he always gave 100% and that's the reason us fans respect him so much.

Our hands were tied but we didn't get the best out of Sterling playing him as an out n out striker. I honestly think the loss won't effect us too much if we go out and sign a really good striker.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby andy c legs » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:10 pm

stmichael » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:39 pm wrote:Far better players have left. This kid hasn't had anywhere near the same impact on me as when Suarez, Torres, Alonso or Mascherano left. They were the best in the world at the time. This kid has a lot of promise after 18 good months.

We move on. My only concern is the fact that we're blowing most of the money on Benteke.

I agree with the above but just hope that we do use the money wisely and get that 20-25 goal a season striker which should STILL be top of our priority list. Glad that the transfer has also not dragged on and that we got something for a talented player and did not get into an Owen, Macca situation. :lookaround
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:55 pm

Its not about the money but hes just been given a £165,000 a week pay rise. Haha fu'ck off sterling lad and suck another balloon
Daft tw@t
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby redshade » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:55 am

Make one think how over price british players are. 49 mill for a 20 year old kid. Realistically i would say his worth is around 18-20 mill.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:39 am

OK my last thoughts on this matter as he is off and no longer a Liverpool player.

Losing Sterling will just be another reason why this club has basically lost its way over the last few years. We continue to sell our better players and replace them with either young prospects or "over the hill" stop gaps. Normally I would be happy that we got close to 40m for him (if you consider the sell on clause to QPR) but am completely disillusioned that we won't spend the money appropriately under Rodgers or FSG. We will continue making the same mistakes we saw last season, with the sale of Suarez, only this time with less money to waste.

I have a feeling he will do well at City, with better players around him and less pressure on him to carry a side. I still don't think he will ever become a 49m player but will become a quality addition to their wings and will help them push on next season. The sad thing is that he should have been doing that for us. A lot of you carry on that he and his agent have been massive wan.kers. over the course of this whole saga but unfortunately that's the world we live in now. It only makes me more disillusioned that FSG seem to want to adopt an old school model to success and have convinced a few of you that it will work. Offering the kid 30k a week when he was clearly in our top 3 or 4 players at the club is just down right stupid and further exepediated his exit from the club. I can only see the same thing happening if Ibe or anyone else in our youth side hits the same strides as Sterling is making now. We have essentially transformed into a feeder club for the richer sides, which is not the reason why any of us support this club.

I'm really hoping we can use the money to bring in a quality player (or two) that will make us a force again, but from what is rumoured the most likely outcome will be getting Aston Villa to lower their price for Benteke by a few million and we will call it a day in the transfer market. Why? Because that's the way our club is being run now. No ambition, no soul, just a gutless vanilla flavoured milkshake consisting of "potentials" and a sprinkle of free transfers.  But hey, the clubs is finally turning a profit and we have our stadium renovations on the way, so why worry about petty things like our performance on the field.  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby devaney » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:18 am

Eds if you don't think that this is a good deal regardless of the circumstances then you clearly have the ability to see something in Sterling that the majority of us have failed to. If I am generous Sterling has had half a season with Liverpool that I could get excited about. On numerous occasions you have suggested that our success last season was down to Suarez and that Rogers and FSG had very little to do with it. Well I also believe that for the second half of last season Suarez made Sterling look a lot better than he is. He has very limited ability. Yes he is quick and he can beat a man but his mental aptitude for the game together with his decision making is very weak. I don't believe for one minute that he will strengthen Man City or go on to be a better player. He is a fair weather player and contributes nothing when the going gets tough as we have seen all season.

Liverpool have already spent nearly £30m on Roberto Firmino who is a young player with considerable quality.You seem to have ignored this with your usual somewhat standardised critique of FSG's vision for LFC. Give this a read:
http://liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news ... to-firmino

Liverpool had the balls to hold out for the outrageous some of £50m for Sterling which is crazy money for a product that isn't even half finished !! He isn't a particularly bright or pleasant individual and you only have to read Gerrard's recent comparison of Henderson and Sterling to appreciate that. Frankly I am absolutely delighted to see the back of him and his somewhat obnoxious agent. Ayres and his colleagues deserve a lot of credit for ridding the club of this little upstart and making £40m in the process. To compare the Suarez and Sterling deals in terms of LFC selling quality players is in my opinion a little idiotic. ONE IS ABSOLUTELY WORLD CLASS AND THE OTHER MOST  CERTAINLY IS NOT !!  Most people can see what has been achieved..........

GOOD RIDDANCE !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member