Gazbaz - Looks like hes on his way...to City!!!

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:53 am

Ciggy wrote:This topic can now be moved elsewhere  :D

yep to the waste of space area.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:05 am

Octsky wrote:if we couldnt sign barry that means alonso is staying. if he aint staying that rafa has gone bonkers. the Real Scu..ms are doing their galaticos nonsense again, although i do hope they somehow managed to unsettle ronaldo, and let him have a poor season.

How does it mean Alonso is staying? I have heard he wants to go.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Fauxy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:10 am

Anfield rapper wrote:
Octsky wrote:if we couldnt sign barry that means alonso is staying. if he aint staying that rafa has gone bonkers. the Real Scu..ms are doing their galaticos nonsense again, although i do hope they somehow managed to unsettle ronaldo, and let him have a poor season.

How does it mean Alonso is staying? I have heard he wants to go.

Were did you hear that?

I havent heard Alonso say anything.. which is what worries me  :down:
Fauxy

Postby Anfield rapper » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:25 am

About a month ago i read somewhere (think it was teletex) that Rafa and Alonso had fallen out because Rafa had intimated that Barry would be Alonso's successor. Alonso hadn't had the best season last year and i read this had resulted in Rafa going after Barry. The report suggested that it was still Alonso's intention to leave as a result of all this. Hope it was just rubbish or things have changed after the season Alonso's just had but i don't think anyone can say Alonso is definitely staying.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:20 am

A 5 year contract worth £80,000 a week for a guy who's 29 is madness.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:09 am

£12m for Barry is madness, let alone £80k a week over five years for a player approaching 29. I think villa were taking the p1 ss a bit with their demands, £18m last summer and selling for £12m given his remaining contract. Clubs shouldn't let other clubs rob them like that, but then citeh are hardly worrying about wasting money

£12m on Barry, I reckon £7m was more realistic given his contract. For £12m I'd want him to be either three years younger or a better player

£12m on Bridge, the £7m Chelsea paid is more realistic. Good player but teams should be paying £10m+ for only the very best full-backs

£18m on De Jong, laughable.

£14m on Bellamy, ranks near Keane in the ridiculous fees bracket.

£8.5m on Given, good goalkeeper granted, but he was approaching 33 at the time and they have yet to put any quality CBs in front of him

£64.5m on five good but not great players, average cost £12.9m and average age nearing 29. Of course this signing of Barry has just escalated the media speculation over who else citeh will sign - E'too, Kolo Toure and Lescott (Daily Mirror), Drogba £15m bid (Daily Express) and Tevez (Guardian) They have already passed our squad value, catching up spudz, Man Utd and Chelsea rapidly

PREMIERSHIP SQUAD VALUES*

£232m Chelsea
£194m Man Utd
£192m Tottenham
£163m Man City
[color=red]£126m Liverpool[.color]
£95m Aston Villa
£91m Arsenal

*While I haven't checked the above sides' details to make sure they are full up to date, they do have the latest handful of transfers. Tevez is included at £0m against Man Utd as they haven't actually paid for him, I've excluded Pennant from our total, while Tottenham's is the one I have most doubts over their fees (Keane and Defoe in particular) But I doubt any are wildly out, it isn't intended to be an exacting science

Newcastle would have been next on that list, but they've gone down! Wolves will be a bugger to do as they seem to be "undisclosed fee" merchants. It is interesting that all but two of their main squad are English , Scottish, Irish or Welsh.

And just one aside, I read on BBC in relation to Mahwinney (?) knocking the SPL/two Premiership division proposal by Gartside, that the Championship had higher viewing figures than Serie A...............
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:23 pm

Alex G. wrote:For me is a bad new, Barry is one of the best midfielders of the Islands, and they have only paid for him 12 millions.

Watch next season as he gets outplayed by stephen ireland . No where near the best midfielder in the country
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:42 pm

GREEDY GREEDY B@STARDO . Thank feck we got away with that one .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:08 pm

GYBS wrote:
Alex G. wrote:For me is a bad new, Barry is one of the best midfielders of the Islands, and they have only paid for him 12 millions.

Watch next season as he gets outplayed by stephen ireland . No where near the best midfielder in the country

I will find it so funny if citeh break into the top four, attract bigger names as a consequence, and he at best gets to sit on the bench in Champions League matches! He could be 30+ by the time citeh go anywhere. If he was that good a midfielder he'd have been bought by Chelsea or the mancs a few years ago
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:30 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:GREEDY GREEDY B@STARDO . Thank feck we got away with that one .

The worlds gone to pot. No wonder I'm struggling to find my old appetite for the game.

Even if him going there did "show our inferiority in the transfer market" according to some, he was never getting 80k a week here (thank God).

His agent's been on this morning trying to pass off his snub of a big club as "it shows he's not just going for the money, he's excited by the project at Manchester City".

Course he is mate. ???
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:31 pm

Moved and renamed :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:23 pm

If we had matched Citys fee and offered him less wages im sure he would have picked us instead... if not then yous all are right in calling him a greedy kunt but until then i'd say he made the right choice because outside the top4 i think City is the most exciting prospect for a player to be involved with atm....

On a different note, he's a good player but i struggle to see the point in buying him, de jong, Kompany while having Ireland, Johnson and Hamann in the side... not to mention Zabaleta has been playing in the middle of the park as well and im sure they have atleast a couple more who play there... Michael Johnson is an exciting player but i doubt he'll be getting much of a chance with all they've got now... maybe wwe should look into signing him if the price is right...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:07 pm

Why the hell would we want to match their fee ?! 12 million for barry ?? your joking - aorund 6 mil over priced .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion