Man City

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:29 am

I know they get slated for being bankrolled to the hilt by oil money, but I take my hat off to them for building this: Image

The area around the Etihad Stadium is one of the worst in the UK, yet they've ploughed 200 million into regenerating it and building a state of the art training centre, with 16 pitches, accommodation for youth players and a mini stadium for youth games. It would have been easier to build it elsewhere, instead of using brownfield (industrial) land...but they spent the money, cleaned it up and constructed something special.

Manchester City's £200m training complex officially opens
Player accommodation with decor designed by sleep experts and a 56-seat auditorium to view video clips are just two key elements of Manchester City's new £200m training complex.

It also boasts a 7,000-capacity stadium, education facilities and medical and sports science services.

The 80-acre site was officially opened on Monday and attended by Chancellor George Osborne.

"I have never seen anything like it," said City defender Pablo Zabaleta.

The project, funded by City's owners and built in partnership with Manchester City Council, was conceived following the takeover of the Premier League club by Sheikh Mansour in 2008.

Built on the site of a former chemical works, it includes:

•16.5 pitches, including a full-size synthetic indoor pitch
•A 56-seat TV auditorium for players to review video clips
•Four-star accommodation with king-sized beds and bathrooms
•A 7,000-capacity arena for use by academy and women's teams
•40,000km of artificial turf on 5.5 pitches, each one different so the team can tailor match preparations for away games

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30376774
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:13 am

7_Kewell » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:29 am wrote:I know they get slated for being bankrolled to the hilt by oil money, but I take my hat off to them for building this: Image

The area around the Etihad Stadium is one of the worst in the UK, yet they've ploughed 200 million into regenerating it and building a state of the art training centre, with 16 pitches, accommodation for youth players and a mini stadium for youth games. It would have been easier to build it elsewhere, instead of using brownfield (industrial) land...but they spent the money, cleaned it up and constructed something special.

Manchester City's £200m training complex officially opens
Player accommodation with decor designed by sleep experts and a 56-seat auditorium to view video clips are just two key elements of Manchester City's new £200m training complex.

It also boasts a 7,000-capacity stadium, education facilities and medical and sports science services.

The 80-acre site was officially opened on Monday and attended by Chancellor George Osborne.

"I have never seen anything like it," said City defender Pablo Zabaleta.

The project, funded by City's owners and built in partnership with Manchester City Council, was conceived following the takeover of the Premier League club by Sheikh Mansour in 2008.

Built on the site of a former chemical works, it includes:

•16.5 pitches, including a full-size synthetic indoor pitch
•A 56-seat TV auditorium for players to review video clips
•Four-star accommodation with king-sized beds and bathrooms
•A 7,000-capacity arena for use by academy and women's teams
•40,000km of artificial turf on 5.5 pitches, each one different so the team can tailor match preparations for away games

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30376774

FFP rules do not include investments in youth/training facilities. There was always an incentive to invest in regenerating the area. The planning permission alone would have flown through.

It's a nice example of how FFPR can make a difference.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:17 am

As you say, all credit to them, its a massive amount of money that any other owners could only dream about. It also shows that money is no object..
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:37 am

We haven't been lucky with ownership since the glory days and FSG just fed on the scraps but will never bring this kind of financial commitment.

In all seriousness this type of investment is the only way back to being a genuine superpower again so if and when the stadium is refurbished it may open the way
for a Man City or Chelsea style rebirth of our club.

There are many terrible owners of football clubs but this is not one of them and if Liverpool cannot attract people of this ilk with a revamped ground and an option to
further develop then nobody can surely.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:05 pm

People slate mansour and abramovich types for bankrolling success but what they forget is that they install long term plans which in the end won't require mega investment.
That academy will attract some serious amounts of talents which will in turn provide 1st team players and sales in the years to come.

Our lot want to do it all on the cheap with funding from 3rd parties and seeing as they bought the club with the whole emphasis on FFP, I find it alarming that we are under investigation at practically the first hurdle.

They don't seem to want to pay a lot for players and they don't seem to want to pay attention either.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:40 pm

If Man City actually sign Lionel Messi for the reported £480m then they want kicking out of football. What a fecking bag of shitesters they are.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Return to Premiership - General Discussion