Man City

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:44 am

7_Kewell » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:15 pm wrote:#taintedtitles is trending on social media. Dirty cheating Mancs. Pep will leave in the summer

Weren't the man city fans labeling us that way (taintedtitle) due to us supposedly benefitting from VAR decissions? Karma is a bitch... :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:27 pm

I read an article earlier about the possibility of them losing some of the titles they won  :eyebrow

This could be our 2nd premier league title if they do  :buttrock

When is their appeal due to be heard?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:55 pm

Got a bit carried away there thinking we would get a bonus title but seeing as that decision is down to the premier league itself  :lookaround it won't happen. At a stretch they will probably get a few point deduction from this year's campaign or start next year with it.

Also reading that there is a good chance they will get it overturned, if not by the C.A.S then a higher court. Apparently uefa decided not to send any lawyers to the court when P.S.G appealed their ban and won. They sent 8 lawyers and UEFA sent 0.

Doubt City will suffer much at all from any of this :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:57 pm

Hope they get punished but I also hope we don't get any of their titles. I mean I'd love it if they lose a few titles but I don't one us (or anyone else) to get them, if that's possible lol. I want our titles to be won the right way, by topping the table, like we've done this season. The fact that we're doing it against a club that has a huge unfair advantage makes it even better. I didn't wait my whole life to see us being handed a title that we didn't even win.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:34 am

damjan193 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:57 pm wrote:Hope they get punished but I also hope we don't get any of their titles. I mean I'd love it if they lose a few titles but I don't one us (or anyone else) to get them, if that's possible lol. I want our titles to be won the right way, by topping the table, like we've done this season. The fact that we're doing it against a club that has a huge unfair advantage makes it even better. I didn't wait my whole life to see us being handed a title that we didn't even win.

I agree.

As I said before, money talks especially when talking about lawyers and City have a lot of money. I actually cannot see them getting banned let alone losing titles anyway. The world is about money nowadays and not integrity unfortunately, that is how the system is geared and it will show in this case I think. Everybody will complain that the system is rigged then move on. Like the Qatar WC for example, we all knew it was rigged and all the facts came out that people got bribed, they even lost their jobs yet the WC will still be played in Qatar at the expense of all the leagues in the world at a time it should not be played.

I read that the City players will wear anti UEFA banners on their shirts against Madrid, they will fight this with all they have.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:42 am

Not altogether sure that I subscribe to this way of thinking. Take F1 for example, if the winner of the race is subsequently disqualified due to winning by unfair means then everybody get moved up a place if the individual/team are found to have cheated by trying to abuse the rules. Personally I think that is a reasonable course of action. I don’t quite understand why anybody should think differently. What am I missing?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:09 pm

My prediction;
UEFA stand to loose all credibility if they fail to see this through and we could be a step closer to a super rich club European league.
Man city ban reduced to 1 year
Premier league being the cowards they are will await the outcome of the UEFA/Man city appeal and result.
What should happen is that Man city are stripped of any titles won between 2012-16 and the records expunged. Records read "No winner awarded due to cheating by Man city". They are issued with a 20 points deduction for season 2020/21
What will happen if the ban is reduced to 1 year on appeal...Premier league will deduct 20 points from season 2019/20 knowing they are already banned from Europe so no punishment , no hassle off Man city or its tribe of lawyers
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:11 pm

I would like to add that the FA should strip Man city of all cup titles won in the same period
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:19 pm

devaney » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:42 pm wrote:Not altogether sure that I subscribe to this way of thinking. Take F1 for example, if the winner of the race is subsequently disqualified due to winning by unfair means then everybody get moved up a place if the individual/team are found to have cheated by trying to abuse the rules. Personally I think that is a reasonable course of action. I don’t quite understand why anybody should think differently. What am I missing?

I don't really watch F1 that much so don't hold it against me if I'm mistaken, but I assume all of that happens right there and then in a single race, not throughout the course of a season, and the verdict isn't reached a couple of years later like it is in City's case. Also, when this happens in F1 (again, I'm assuming), it happens when the team/racers abuse the rules themselves, while in City's case their players or manager didn't abuse any footballing rules, it was Man City's administration that abused the rules of the governing body. I get what you're saying but it's a bit different IMO.

All in all, there's no need to get technical about anything. If, hypothetically, City get stripped of their titles, they will go to whomever was a runner-up to them and there's no way around that. But cheaters or not, I don't want their titles, I want us to win them the right way.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:55 pm

Surely Damjan that is my point regardless of when the punishment was ratified. We would have won it the right way. The owners and management of Manchester City FC have simply tried to be too clever for their own good. The club should be removed from the records for the years in question. They have bought their success and abused the rules in the process and let’s not forget that they were fined close on £50m in 2014 for falling foul of the FPP rules.
Last edited by devaney on Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:31 am

I read today that the time in question was 2012-16, now UEFA are looking into 2016 to the present for other infringements. This looks like it is getting more messy.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:34 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:10 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:08 am

One thing's for sure, all the Spanish and Italian teams will be insisting that UEFA see this through, it's as political as it can be. If they can't break the financial power of these mega clubs then from Juve, Inter's point of view the only way forward is a European super league otherwise their going to dwindle away. Italian football's really on the decline at the moment, attendance figures are horrendous. Juventus ground capacity is just 41 thou and the average match attendance this season across Serie A is just 27,263!

https://www.transfermarkt.com/serie-a/b ... on_id/2019
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:56 am

They have arrogantly gone out and got the absolute best lawyers and are digging in to fight this tooth and nail. The have even got a top Swiss lawyer on retainer in case it goes to Switzerland (which it will). I am so interested to find out how this will finish but my bet is money talks and they will get away with it, I do hope they extend the ban as punishment for fighting it in court as I feel a precedent needs set.

Hilariously Sterling and Pep saying they will stay with the club even if they go down to league 2, that is the extent of their loyalty to the team  :laugh: .
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion