Man city will win the league

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:53 pm

That is what I think like, unbelievable squad and if they still find loop holes in the financial fair play then they will dominate the League for a few years

Mancs will be battle them though, I think its going to be a two horse race between the two, maybe Chelsea and us in the mix, but early to tell
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:57 pm

Ughh! I hate the Mancs (both) and Chelski sooo much. Don't want Manure to win because they're Manure. I hate Chelski, and the traitor being there makes me want them to win it less. And City? Dang....i'd hate for them to win because I despise the thought that money can buy the league (And I hate Liam Gallagher too). Wow, pick from those three teams anyone? I'd rather the Toffees suddenly became awsome and won it.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby metalhead » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:59 pm

I would rather have Man City winning it than the Mancs, but Man City's team is the strongest out of all the teams in the premier league.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:04 pm

There can field 2 quality sides that can beat any team in the Prem

So if there were to get 5 or 6 @ worst injuries that would not be total disaster for them

most teams would struggle with that amount of injuries nice to be in that position.
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:55 pm

They have unlimited funds, and are now in the CL. Anything is possible for them.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:15 pm

Yep.. ManCity for me as well... I also expect ManUtd and Chelsea to push them for a considerable period but their squad depth should see them through...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:32 pm

I've been saying since summer that I expected city to take the title this year, manure at their heals.

How chelsea have been playing, and how we've been playing, I could honestly see us challenging them for 3rd.  Chelsea's strikers are having trouble scoring and the rest of their squad are getting quite old.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby RedAnt » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:42 pm

I think Kenny will do things right. One game at a time. Aim for january. If we keep pace until then we can set another target. If we manage to still be in touch with the leaders by then...who knows? We will get stronger as the season goes on. Saying that though...the two Manc teams are absolutley rampant right now, and against the likes of Spurs and Arsenal. That's good for us cos we're moving ahead of our apparent league peers but also bad because that's realistically where we hope the likes of Manure and City to drop points.

One things for sure..this seasons looking like a season to remember already!  :D
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby aCe' » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:47 pm

ethanr wrote:I've been saying since summer that I expected city to take the title this year, manure at their heals.

How chelsea have been playing, and how we've been playing, I could honestly see us challenging them for 3rd.  Chelsea's strikers are having trouble scoring and the rest of their squad are getting quite old.

I think the Mata signing will transform their side tbh... When Lampard failed to perform for them or was injured, they had a lot of trouble creating chances higher up the pitch especially with Malouda and Anelka playing wider than they like...

I think Boas will finally be able to play he preferred style in peace now that Drogba is injured .. When Essien and Luiz are ready and back in the side I expect them to go on a big winning streak..

Essien     Lampard

Anelka       Mata        Malouda

Torres/Drogba

One hell of a side especially when you consider the fact that they are still linked with the likes of Modric while having the likes of Ramires, Mikel, Kalou, Sturridge, and Lukaku on the bench... Defensively they remain as strong as ever but stiil that extra protection from the middle
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crim cram » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:51 am

I know they have a great squad, but remember last season when Chelsea came out very fast and built a big lead only to have a bit of a meltdown.  They turned it around but were in jeopardy of not qualifying for the champions league.  Right now Man city look like world beaters and have to be favorites but there are a few clubs that will have something to say about it.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:19 am

It would be foolish to back city now. United are rife and top, and look better. At least wait till they play each other.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:46 am

aCe' wrote:
ethanr wrote:I've been saying since summer that I expected city to take the title this year, manure at their heals.

I think the Mata signing will transform their side tbh... When Lampard failed to perform for them or was injured, they had a lot of trouble creating chances higher up the pitch especially with Malouda and Anelka playing wider than they like...

I think Boas will finally be able to play he preferred style in peace now that Drogba is injured .. When Essien and Luiz are ready and back in the side I expect them to go on a big winning streak..

Essien     Lampard

Torres/Drogba

One hell of a side especially when you consider the fact that they are still linked with the likes of Modric while having the likes of Ramires, Mikel, Kalou, Sturridge, and Lukaku on the bench... Defensively they remain as strong as ever but stiil that extra protection from the middle

No doubt Mata adds to the side, but I can't see Modric fitting in.  They won't replace Lampard and Mata is the better player imo.  Essien adds the defensive side a 4-5-1 needs, so I really can't see Modric adding that much.

Looking at the team there looks scary as hell, but like every other club they have their ups and downs. I don't know if they're starting on a down or what, but what I've seen so far hasn't impressed.

One thing I do believe is that neither Anelka nor Malouda will be the players we have expected in the past.  Drogba and Torres have been having massive issues scoring lately, and if it stays that way they'll be in trouble.

I don't expect it to stay that way, but one can always dream  :D
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Reg » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:18 am

Depebnds whethe rthey get thru the first round of the CL or not.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:28 pm

LFC for the title....

you heard it here first  :nod
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:03 pm

ethanr wrote:
aCe' wrote:

Essien     Lampard

Torres/Drogba

No doubt Mata adds to the side, but I can't see Modric fitting in.  They won't replace Lampard and Mata is the better player imo.  Essien adds the defensive side a 4-5-1 needs, so I really can't see Modric adding that much.

Looking at the team there looks scary as hell, but like every other club they have their ups and downs. I don't know if they're starting on a down or what, but what I've seen so far hasn't impressed.

One thing I do believe is that neither Anelka nor Malouda will be the players we have expected in the past.  Drogba and Torres have been having massive issues scoring lately, and if it stays that way they'll be in trouble.

I don't expect it to stay that way, but one can always dream  :D

The main issue I would have if I was a Chelsea fan would be with the sytem.. While they have the players who on paper can seemingly play any setup, they sometimes try too hard to deviate from their best setup to accommodate all their best players..

For me, their biggest problem at the moment is building up attacks through the middle. The central players (Lampard, Ramires, Mikel) dont offer a great deal of balance between them and without Mata I would have thought they'd struggle to challenge the two Manchester sides for the top position. As things stand, they have improved things to a large extent imo but it remains to be seen whether Ramires and Lampard can perform box to box duties in the absence of Essien. Neither is particularly good defensively, but individually they are both better players than Mikel which brings up back to the initial point of designing a system to fit their best players rather than having players to fit a system.

Modric for me would solve all their issues and would further be a huge step in establishing their presence for a few years to come.
For starters, it would allow them to go back to their preferred style which imo is also the best setup they can put out given their players: 4-3-3

Essien
          Lampard     Modric
Anelka                            Mata
             Drogba/Torres

This for me not only brings out the best out of every single star they have, it also allows them the flexibility of pushing Lampard higher up which again imo will always be vital for their chances.

So yea, I understand why they would go for Mata and still go for Modric because for me Modric over the past couple of years has established himself as an excellent playmaker from deeper positions (which is something they've missed since Ballack's departure imo), while Mata's movement upfront will help them create more chances and become more lethal in the final third..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion