Gazbaz - Looks like hes on his way...to City!!!

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby mkingdom » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:54 pm

£12M....5 year contract.  What are City smoking???

Could be a hilarious summer if this is the shape of things to come from them.

Quick, someone tell them Voronin is their's for just £10m  :D
mkingdom

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:13 pm

wow , villa will do well to replace him and hang to as many of their players as they can mainly young and carew if not its back to square one . Great news that he's signed for city however , now rafa doesn't have a replacement for alonso in mind yet
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:20 pm

Toffeehater wrote:wow , villa will do well to replace him and hang to as many of their players as they can mainly young and carew if not its back to square one . Great news that he's signed for city however , now rafa doesn't have a replacement for alonso in mind yet

Thats called Lucas

:(
roberto green

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:43 pm

I´ll laugh if Villa come above Citeh in the league next year and Barry sees his árse again.

Fancy turning down the Reds for Citeh... he must be off his trolley.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:03 pm

One thing about Barry which is worth a mention is that he is a far better player than many on here are making out. I know many are in love in a football sense with Xabi, and fair enough, but some of the stuff about Barry is just daft. He is a really good player who will improve man City by quite a lot, a good signing for them I reckon. All the way through his transfer saga he has conducted himself with the utmost decorum from what I can see, and even at the end has gone to the club which was no doubt offering Villa the most money by far. He hasn't dug his heels in and refused to sign for them in order to leave the way open for someone else, he has signed for the club who offered the biggest fee to Villa, pure and simple. Equally, he'll be a certain starter every week as john says, and if City buy a few more like him they'll very good team indeed.

As I've said a few times it's just as well they don't have a really top manager, a special manager God forbid, otherwise I've absolutely no doubts at the all the big four would become a big five pretty quickly.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:15 pm

For me is a bad new, Barry is one of the best midfielders of the Islands, and they have only paid for him 12 millions.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:02 pm

Alex G. wrote:For me is a bad new, Barry is one of the best midfielders of the Islands, and they have only paid for him 12 millions.

makes you wonder what is going on at our club....are we looking at someone bigger?
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:02 pm

I suppose its bad news because if Alonso goes we will bring in Martinez and then we are stuck with Lucas on the rotation for another year  :(

Saying that though I dont think barry would have made much of an impact, he isnt really the player we needed.

I know a lot of Villa fans have lost respect for him because he basically lied by saying he wanted CL football but I guess that could have all been paper talk?
Last edited by Fauxy on Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fauxy

Postby lakes10 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:05 pm

Fauxy wrote:I suppose its bad news because if Alonso goes we will bring in Martinez and then we are stuck with Lucas on the rotation for another year  :(

Saying that though I dont think barry would have made much of an impact, he isnt really the player we needed.

I know a lot of Villa fans have lost respect for him because he basically lied by saying he wanted CL football but I guess that could have all been paper talk?

you are right and the fact that he did not have a great year (had some very poor games in fact) makes me think that we stopped looking at him sometime ago.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:10 pm

Everyone needs to have faith in Rafa instead of playing manager for the day coming up with assumptions on who we are going to sign and how good they will be ect....
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:22 am

Well let's hope that this means Xabi is staying put.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:27 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Well let's hope that this means Xabi is staying put.

hopefully so... apparently Real has 'signed' kaka... according to the newspapers there anyway...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:51 am

if we couldnt sign barry that means alonso is staying. if he aint staying that rafa has gone bonkers. the Real Scu..ms are doing their galaticos nonsense again, although i do hope they somehow managed to unsettle ronaldo, and let him have a poor season.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:50 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Well let's hope that this means Xabi is staying put.

Hear, Hear !!

And please Mods, put this thread to the sword.

Amen.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:52 am

This topic can now be moved elsewhere  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion