Clubs consider quota system - Discussions begin over limit on homegrow

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:16 pm

lakes10 wrote:
GYBS wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Judge wrote:i understnad the quota thing, but doesnt that undermine a persons right to work where ever they want !!

British job for British workers? how many of you have heard that over the last few weeks, And i bet you all said it was a good thing, yet if you feel that then you must also feel the same about football clubs. you can not have one rule for one and another rule for the rest.

Yes it is a problem that needs to be overcome if this quota system is to work but the way football id going i can still see it going ahead.

you cant compare the normal work force with the world of football - if this quota did come in it would take us back years like when the cl was first about and you couold only have 3 foriegn players - the big clubs wont go for it end of the day and if it is forced on them - then thats the start of the european superleague right there .

it was stated years ago that if a european superleague was to happen any player that was in it wouldnever play in a World cup again, i wonder if they would still stand by that now.

football is global, being a dustbin man isnt

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:35 pm

GYBS wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
GYBS wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Judge wrote:i understnad the quota thing, but doesnt that undermine a persons right to work where ever they want !!

British job for British workers? how many of you have heard that over the last few weeks, And i bet you all said it was a good thing, yet if you feel that then you must also feel the same about football clubs. you can not have one rule for one and another rule for the rest.

Yes it is a problem that needs to be overcome if this quota system is to work but the way football id going i can still see it going ahead.

you cant compare the normal work force with the world of football - if this quota did come in it would take us back years like when the cl was first about and you couold only have 3 foriegn players - the big clubs wont go for it end of the day and if it is forced on them - then thats the start of the european superleague right there .

it was stated years ago that if a european superleague was to happen any player that was in it wouldnever play in a World cup again, i wonder if they would still stand by that now.

They would be hard pressed to force that rule , what right could they do that rule ? - no world cup would go ahead without the bets players in the world playing it .

Do you really see the likes on Man Utd Chelsea Liverpool Arsenal etc agreeing to only being allowed 4 ish foriegn players in their team ? not in a million years

i dont know, but the home grown rule kicks in soon and i can see other rules coming in, in part English footbal is to blame, over the last few years we have taken all the best players and the others dont like it, same as we did not like it when they took ours and we asked for the rule years ago.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:37 pm

lakes10 wrote:
GYBS wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
GYBS wrote:
lakes10 wrote:

They would be hard pressed to force that rule , what right could they do that rule ? - no world cup would go ahead without the bets players in the world playing it .

Do you really see the likes on Man Utd Chelsea Liverpool Arsenal etc agreeing to only being allowed 4 ish foriegn players in their team ? not in a million years

i dont know, but the home grown rule kicks in soon and i can see other rules coming in, in part English footbal is to blame, over the last few years we have taken all the best players and the others dont like it, same as we did not like it when they took ours and we asked for the rule years ago.

the home grown rule only reffers to the squad for cls and it is 8 homegrown or country trained . we have taken the best caue the players want to play in the best league - we take that away and the best will leave - and that includes the best brits as well so we will go full circle.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:25 pm

I think its very clear that FIFA would like all clubs to have only 3 or 4 overseas born players in it. They are fed up that English football is the best and have been for some time.

The way the law stands right now they can not do what they wish, just before Xmas there was talk from FIFA to ask for a Exception to this law "for the good of the game"

The Olympics have this sort of law in place, a few years ago a runner from Spain did not make the Olympics for Spain, he took advice and sent a letter to France to say his time was better than anyone they had and he would like to run for them, they said no as he was not from France. he tried to take them to court for discrimination and this was one of the first time the Rule was used, its also the same rule that stops us from picking a Freance player for the England team.

in short the rule is already there for them to stop non English players playing in English clubs, but its just not used
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:32 pm

Well if they do enforce any rules then we can see the demise of the big 4 as a force in europe and our prem will turn into what the other leagues are right now and it wont improve the english side one single bit .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:38 pm

GYBS wrote:Well if they do enforce any rules then we can see the demise of the big 4 as a force in europe and our prem will turn into what the other leagues are right now and it wont improve the english side one single bit .

I think thats FIFA idea.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:40 pm

and you advocate that ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:43 pm

GYBS wrote:and you advocate that ?

no not in total, but its getting harder and harder to still call our top 4 clubs English clubs.

we could soon get done under the trade discrimination lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:00 pm

Well, not being English myself, I perhaps won't surprise anyone by saying that I'm not at all bothered by how English (or British, if you prefer) or not the Premier League teams are.  Speaking strictly about Liverpool, I want us to sign and field the best possible players regardless of who issues their passports.  The one caveat is that I think it's important for Liverpool to continue to bring local lads through the ranks to maintain that Scouse connection between the players and the Kop.  Beyond that, I couldn't give a monkeys whether the lad's from Bournemouth or Budapest so long as he's good enough.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby GYBS » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:03 pm

spot on bob
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:47 am

lakes10 wrote:
GYBS wrote:and you advocate that ?

no not in total, but its getting harder and harder to still call our top 4 clubs English clubs.

we could soon get done under the trade discrimination lol

We will always be called Liverpool mate - thats good for me .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion