Chelsea is the sky limit? - What about united and arsenal?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri May 26, 2006 11:13 pm

Sounds like you have the jealousy bug, Bob. If Shevchenko helps Chelsea become more entertaining and he entertains the masses like Henry does than I'll be one watching.

However there is a bit of me that wants him to become the most expensive flop in football history.
Last edited by 48-1119859832 on Fri May 26, 2006 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
48-1119859832

Postby Bad Bob » Fri May 26, 2006 11:43 pm

0asis wrote:Sounds like you have the jealousy bug, Bob. If Shevchenko helps Chelsea become more entertaining and he entertains the masses like Henry does than I'll be one watching.

However there is a bit of me that wants him to become the most expensive flop in football history.

It's not jealousy, I don't think.  I'm not envious of Chelsea's spending power and I'm certainly not jealous of their modest recent success given our glorious history.

It's more to do with how they conduct themselves.  Every time they score a goal the camera flashes to Jose pumping his fists, high-fiving people and generally acting like he's the dog's bollox.  As such, I won't be revelling in any fantastic skill from Shevchenko if it means that we get to see Jose carrying on. 

Simply put, Chelsea are my 'hate on principle' team.  You know, the team you simply cannot wish well under any circumstances, no matter how it might benefit your team or how entertaining their players can be?  I know that most Liverpool supporters feel that way about the Mancs and some feel that way about Everton.  I thought I did too until Chelsea and Man U played that big match last month.  I knew that a Chelsea result would help our cause for second.  I sat down to watch the match telling myself that I was doing the right thing for Liverpool in supporting Chelsea this one time.   But, as soon as the match started I hated those feckers in blue.  I hated everything they stood for and I begrudged them anything they got: throw ins, free kicks, goal kicks, whatever.  I knew right then that I would  never be able to objectively appreciate anything about them so long as Mourinho was their manager and Roman was bank-rolling their success. 

So, Sheva may come and set the league alight next season and bring some undisputed style to the game but, so long as he's doing it in Chelsea blue, you'll not find me singing his praises.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion