If we get a new manager for 2010/2011 - Who would you like it to be?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

If we get a new manager for 2010/2011 - Who would you like it to be?

Jose Mourinho
30%
Martin O'neil
6%
Guus Hiddink
35%
Fabio Capello
5%
Alex Mcleish
1%
Steve Hodgson
1%
Frank Rijkaard
4%
Kenny Daglish
10%
Marco Van Basten
No votes
Other (please state)
10%

Total votes : 84

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:42 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:Alex Mcleish for me. He's done wonders at Birmingham and i think he'd be terrific here.

Why?

He’s a no-nonsense traditional Scottish manager who understands the English game.

He managed Rangers when they had no money and still won the league and he also took them to the last 16 in the Champions league.

He has done wonders at Birmingham and they are currently rewriting the history books down there because they are on their LONGEST unbeaten run in the league since the club was founded.

I think he would sort LFC out, and that includes the scouting set up too, which he is heavily involved with.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:50 pm

But he tried to sign Babel  :D
LFC2007

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:54 pm

Maybe he could sort the lad out with a kick up the Ar$e!  :D

But i think we could do a lot worse...i mean Mourinho?  Daglish?  :no

Either people are taking the :censored: or they know nothing about football.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:04 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:I think we should start an internet campaign for Steve Hodgson , sounds like a decent sort :D

Steve Hodgson my old mate from my school days.I bet he never thought he would be this famous, He's back out of prison now and he has kept his nose clean.
roberto green

Postby roberto green » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:04 am

Cool Hand Luke wrote:roberto green wants to know if you want Steve Hogson as our new manager

of course I meant Roy Hodgson

:D
roberto green

Postby bigmick » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:14 am

There can be only one, and it would help if he is special. No contest.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:21 am

bigmick wrote:There can be only one, and it would help if he is special. No contest.

I thought you had been assasinated mick  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby babu » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:22 am

bigmick wrote:There can be only one, and it would help if he is special. No contest.

welcome back you pommie dildo wielding sheep :censored:.

hehe...

seriously though, nice to see you post, and one-liner too!

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:30 am

Just keeping me head down whilst everyone fights it out :D. There does come a point with certain discussions and situations when all that needs to said has been said, when the reality of the situation is so glaringly obvious that there seems little point in going over it again. The debate for all but the most one-eyed and deluded is over, time to just middle through this season and wait for the next chapter I think. No need to fall out with anyone about it.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:38 am

moving this poll to football related polls ....

spent enough time in general discussion despite it being more akin to rumour mill....
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby matrix » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:52 am

Guus Hiddink's agent 'has spoken to Liverpool' about replacing under-fire Rafa Benitez
By Ashley Gray
Last updated at 12:33 AM on 20th January 2010
Comments (0) Add to My Stories Guus Hiddink's agent last night suggested he had been approached by Liverpool.
The claim would cast serious doubts over the future of beleaguered Anfield manager Rafa Benitez.

Cees van Nieuwenhuizen confirmed that Turkey were interested in appointing former Chelsea manager, but said they were just one of nine suitors for his client.

'I have spoken with representatives of four clubs and five national federations,' Van Nieuwenhuizen told Sovetskiy Sport.

All points north: Hiddink is keen to return to England
'Almost all of the options have previously been mentioned in the press - Manchester City, Liverpool, Juventus, etc.

'However, as I have repeatedly said, we have not held talks with anyone.

'To all we have said that there must first be talks with the new president of Russian FA and to know his position on the future.'

Hiddink rejected an approach by City before Roberto Mancini was appointed at Eastlands a month ago because the timing was not right.

But the 63-year-old recently admitted he was keen to work again in England, provided it was with the blessing of Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich.

The Russian FA elect a president on February 3, but former Zenit St Petersburg president Sergey Fursenko is a shoo-in and Hiddink is keen to hold talks with him in the next few days.

Fursenko has broken his silence to say Hiddink should remain in his post at least until the end of his contract in mid-July, if not beyond. But Hiddink is still waiting for face-to-face talks with his would-be boss.

'Guus is ready to fly to Moscow at any time,' said Van Nieuwenhuizen. 'He is currently in Amsterdam, because in Russia at this time, no one plays football, and at the Russian FA, nothing happens because they are waiting for a new president.

Having a ball: Hiddink could face Andrey Arshavin in the Premier League
'Guus is waiting for an invitation from Mr Fursenko, who for sure will become the new head of the Russian FA.

'There is a vital work, such as preparing for the friendly matches on March 3 and in late May. And in between these tasks he can ask the new head of the Russian FA and about whether he intends to continue cooperating with Hiddink.'

Turkey are believed to have offered to pay Hiddink £5.75million a year after having a significantly lower offer knocked back before Christmas.

Hiddink's salary with Russia is £6.25m a year after tax, which is unlikely to be matched by anyone.

if rafa goes,  i would love Hiddink at our club,  no doubt he is the real deal......

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dinger » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:39 pm

I'd rather we just keep Raffa,
Dinger

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:13 pm

I hope we keep Rafa, but if we have a new manager I'll support him aswell.

Just wanted to add that Hiddink is a man that likes good football. In his spell in Spain, 20 years ago now, little things can be said because football has changed, but he's not defensive.

After that he went to play the international game like other coaches like Toshack, and I had my doubts that he'd be updated and ready for top league football. But he did well enough in Chelsea so I think he would be a good option if Rafa leaves.

What it has not changed is that he's a gentleman.

'Almost all of the options have previously been mentioned in the press - Manchester City, Liverpool, Juventus, etc.

'However, as I have repeatedly said, we have not held talks with anyone.

'To all we have said that there must first be talks with the new president of Russian FA and to know his position on the future.'

From this, do you reckon that the club has contacted him?

Also, I always liked Capello. If he gets a team that can win, he'll win. If he gets a team that can't win, he'll make that team very difficult to beat.

I wouldn't want any other spanish manager, that's for sure. The ones I respect are from the Rafa school of thought (Emery) and our Allardyces (Camacho, Luis Aragones) simply would find too alien that league for them.

I was surprised to know that Manchester United approached Guardiola as a possible substitute. IMHO Guardiola has yet to prove a couple things more in football, as he has led Barcelona to victory yes, but he also had a lot of quality in the team.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:43 pm

bigmick wrote:The debate for all but the most one-eyed and deluded is over, time to just middle through this season and wait for the next chapter I think. No need to fall out with anyone about it.

If someone else had labelled a vast swathe of our support '...the most one-eyed and deluded', there'd probably be a falling out.
LFC2007

Previous

Return to Football Related Polls