If we get a new manager for 2010/2011 - Who would you like it to be?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

If we get a new manager for 2010/2011 - Who would you like it to be?

Jose Mourinho
30%
Martin O'neil
6%
Guus Hiddink
35%
Fabio Capello
5%
Alex Mcleish
1%
Steve Hodgson
1%
Frank Rijkaard
4%
Kenny Daglish
10%
Marco Van Basten
No votes
Other (please state)
10%

Total votes : 84

Postby Festy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:11 pm

spion wrote:I'd pick one of the best upcoming managers in Germany & a man who understands Liverpool. Markus Babbel. He had been doing an amazing job at Stuttgart before being removed during political issues at the club. Bringing in Roy Hodgson as manager & Babbel as his number two would in my opinion finally give us some direction in the youth set up also give us some cohesion in the transfer market. Babbel commands respect all around europe & the knowledge gained working with Hodgson would be priceless.

We are not playing Football Manager ffs.  :D
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby terry66 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:44 pm

Kerry07 wrote:There are only 2 men who are worthy... Mourinho and Hiddink.

Id love either. I voted Jose, as his manmanagement is second to none...he makes people feel they are as good as Pele. Hes arrogant (but has the rare attribute of backing it up). The confidence oozes out of his team... hence over 5 years unbeaten at home with Porto and Chelsea, and a glut of silverware.

Hiddink is a great diplomat who is adored wherever he goes. Better style of football than Jose but if i was stuck in the trenches, Jose is the one i'd want leading us.

Its a close call... but as Jose is a winning machine, he gets my vote (now we need the $$$ to fund him and his team)

I agree, but we must wait til end of season at earliest
terry66

Postby Boocity » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:01 pm

The Mail are saying that Hiddink would like to manage in England again.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:11 pm

If we get a new manager for 2010/2011.... we will lose a lot of money.I'd rather spent money on players.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:27 pm

supersub wrote:
maguskwt wrote:For those of you out there who wants Mourinho:

Liverpool sale may lead to Mourinho move

Jose Mourinho will only consider succeeding Rafael Benitez at Liverpool if the club are sold to an investor who can compete with Manchester City and Chelsea in the transfer market.

No surprise there....

"Special one" will only take a job with tons of money at his disposal   :laugh:

To be fair mate it can you really expect him to want to come here if he is going to be messed about and have next to nothing to spend? I know no one wants to see us 'buy the league' but with the state of the game, generally the only way you can compete for honors is if you spend big. He is just wasting his time otherwise.

I think whoever comes here (if Rafa goes) the important thing will be how much we have to spend. Recently we read Torres and Babel saying how we need to spend money on top players if we want to win the title. Well you need money to buy those players. Rafa Benitez is a top manager, but he cannot make mediocre players stand on par with top players week in week out.

We need money, and lot's of it.

As for a manager I haven't really given any thought to it to be honest but if I had to pick 3 to choose from I would probably go with Hiddink, Mourinho and Capello. All 3 know the Premiership well, some more than others. I wouldn't want any other continental manager with no experience of managing here.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:42 pm

Kerry07 wrote:
Penguins wrote:Just pathetic reasoning by many fans.
If Mourinho came after som arabs bought the club and was handed a couple of hundred million to by players for he would be hailed as a hero and much better than Rafa if he then won the title.
Just pathetic of how igonorant one can be of the fact that money plays a huge part in winning.

If now Mancini goes on and spends a copule of hundred more millions and win the title 3-4 years down he must be our saviour
if he can win with City  :no

Let me make this prediction:
We will win jack **** titlewise as long as twit and :censored: are our owners no matter if Kermit is our manager or the pope.
You can quote me on that!

Mourinho won the lot at Porto, INSTANTLY... on a shoestring.

UEFA Cup (2003), UEFA Champions League (2004).. back to back, with a Portuguese team --- a club team from a nation who had won nothing in Europe since the 80's.

5 Years unbeaten at home with both Porto and Chelsea.

Hes in a different class to Rafa, no neutral on the planet would dare dispute that.

A biased rose tinted rafa fan can point to the two CL semi-finals ...the 1st one was Garcias ghost goal (which i love more than any other) and Gudjohnsen missing an absolute sitter to put them through. The 2nd we won on the lottery of pens.

Rafa is an excellent manager (56% win rate i believe) but hes no Mourinho.

Rafa has yet to build a team and win with it (he inherited Hector Cupers 2 time CL finalist Valencia team), and 9 of the 11 2005 CL team was Fooliers players... and make no mistake, Rafa got out of the mother of all jails in Istanbul in playing crock kewell instead of Hamann allowing kaka to run riot. Hes been touched by huge fortune that a home grown product and arguably our greatest ever player has worn the Superman cape in 2 finals.

Mourinho is a born winner... he oozes the win mentality, and everyone follows. The players love him.. and he defends them to the hilt and openly praises them (as opposed to Rafa who will only defend garbage such as lucas who get slaughtered, and not top players such as Gerrard for fear of them getting an inflated ego).."maybe i will get a well done out of him one day" says Stevie... Carra "anything you tell rafa hes done it better", while Alonso said they had a working relationship.

And in what position was Porto domestically?
Totally dominating having won the league 15 out of 20 before he even came to the club and continued winning the league after he left. He had the most resources out of all the portugese clubs and could build with a team from strenght.
So hard to be unbeaten at home with Porto and Chelski when you are the biggest financial strongest club in their respective countries!!

So what, Rafa won the Uefa cup and CL back to back with 2 different clubs and 2 league titles in 3 years with Valencia in Spain where Valencia is a pure underdog to Barca and Real in everything and having won nothing before or after Rafa left!

He has a different class alright. Of being arrogant, egotistical and always taking a job where the most money is in any league!

And it is rubbish claiming Rafa won with teams he inherited.
If it was so ****ing easy why didn't Cuper win it then??
Or Houllier?

Rafa has been blessed???
By what?
Being able to spend in 6 years what Mourinho was allowed to spend in one summer at Chelski?

:no
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:53 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
Penguins wrote:Just pathetic reasoning by many fans.
If Mourinho came after som arabs bought the club and was handed a couple of hundred million to by players for he would be hailed as a hero and much better than Rafa if he then won the title.
Just pathetic of how igonorant one can be of the fact that money plays a huge part in winning.

If now Mancini goes on and spends a copule of hundred more millions and win the title 3-4 years down he must be our saviour
if he can win with City  :no

Let me make this prediction:
We will win jack **** titlewise as long as twit and :censored: are our owners no matter if Kermit is our manager or the pope.
You can quote me on that!

Well we nearly won the title last season with twit and tw@t as our owners so why do you feel that ?

I havent voted because i dont have a major preference at this moment in time.
I think Dalglish short team, then either Mourinho or hiddink next season would be fine.

Last season set way too high expectations on the team and squad as a whole. We had so many last minute winners, crazy 2-0 down to 3-2 wins and got almost maximum points from the other top 4. That is just not going to happen every year.
We overachived majorly and some players had year they will never repeat. The was a growing optimism  at the club and that we were going places. Then the summer came and everyone players, fans, manager thought we just needed a couple of top class offensive players Silva, Villa and expected to club to spend 20-30 million to take us there. Instead all the optimism  was gone as Rafa got nothing at all cause of some contract renewals...

We as fans all moaned and was angry but once the league started it is still league title, league title as always...
The players aren't ****ing robots. They have also spoken out, which really says it all about how desillussioned they are, about how we must invest in new players.

Some probably still will go on about in 2007 Rafa got so much money cause the owners loaned money and forget about the fact the he has got jack **** these past 3 transfer windows(more like plus 20 million!)

How I envy any new managers situation. No money, demand for league title fight every season and rivals like City, Spurs, Villa spending like no tomorrow.
Fans lowering expectations cause we have no money?
Don't be ridicoulus!
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:24 pm

Rafa has been blessed???
By what?
Being able to spend in 6 years what Mourinho was allowed to spend in one summer at Chelski?

the circumstances of the challenges faced by Moureen and Rafa are like chalk and cheese
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby sully0182 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:00 am

mourinho or o'neill, we havent got a snowballs chance in hell of getting hiddink, he's too good a freind of abramovic, i worry about kenny's appointment as he's been out of management quite a while (10 years??) and i'd hate to see his legacy at the club tarnished
You can't just walk in here with a big banana and expect everything to be peaches...

"We see things they'll never see" - Noel Gallagher, fellow united hater
sully0182

Postby Penguins » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:58 am

Greavesie wrote:
Rafa has been blessed???
By what?

the circumstances of the challenges faced by Moureen and Rafa are like chalk and cheese

Problem people doesn't want to see that.

Am I frustrated with the situation? Yes
Is Rafa playing all his cards right. I think not.
Does all managers make mistakes? Yes
Does Rafa more than others? No, not at all
Who is out there that is as good as Rafa and is willing to come and can make miracles happen on a shoestring budget? Noone

It is just so funny how blind you can become by not seeing how much total and utter gargabe Mourinho bought at Chelski.
And then mention how good of him to get Drogba and Essien.
But how they fail to mention they cost 50 friggin million!
Mourinho doesn't do rebuild projects, he only takes the surefire safe bet where he is domestically in the strongest position.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:11 am

Penguins wrote:total and utter gargabe

total and utter garbage indeed !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:34 am

maguskwt wrote:For those of you out there who wants Mourinho:

Stuff.

That article is why I voted for Jose.  It would mean we had new owners and an arseload of money.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:14 am

Well, true  :D
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Rush Job » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:42 am

Someone voted for steve hodgson  :laugh:
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:07 am

Kerry07 wrote:Mourinho won the lot at Porto, INSTANTLY... on a shoestring.

The portugese league is as much of a f*cking joke as the Scottish one is, if not an even bigger one. Catch yourself on! That's hardly something to bang on about.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls